promote and its overpowerd position on SR

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Summoner Fred

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RgKTiamat View Post
Summoner Fred, why are you so mad about that game? =( We had a single promote, its not like we had promoted tanks rolling down every lane and turret at once, every time it came off CD, and in the 2 games afterward our promote was about useless because the champions just burned it down a safe distance from us. It's definitely counterable, you just worried about it after it got to the turret which is way too late.
and it is every other tank minion that the cd is up and its kinda hard for ppl to get close to the upgraded tank minion when they are zoned out

Dark Ajax

02-26-2012

the few times the enemy team has used promote, its been fairly easy to counter, why is fred saying its OP, please explain. (am i missing something?)

Summoner Fred

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Ajax View Post
the few times the enemy team has used promote, its been fairly easy to counter, why is fred saying its OP, please explain. (am i missing something?)
anytime that a promote is used any were near a turret it is no less than 500 damage on that turret

Summoner Fred

02-26-2012

Bummed for posterity

glbrita

02-27-2012

I agree, better nerf Irelia...

Kr0ze

02-27-2012

No its not

ChaKaBroLi

02-27-2012

Fred, I'll agree and say its more powerful, but "overpowered" it is not. During lane phase casting it anywhere near an enemy champion(s) yields no more of a bonus to you than a surge or heal would. It's easily focused down.

Situational use of a promote minion after 15 minutes though, can be a decent lane pusher IF, huge "IF", the enemy team doesn't go kill it. Which generally happens anytime it reaches a turret.

The promoted minion will assist your minion wave in pushing an already dead lane. It's not a game changer though.