Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AskUdyr

Senior Member

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Luxanna View Post
Lux walked in, smiling slightly, though she was nervous.

"Hello, Udyr." She said. "There are so many dangerous things in the jungle. I was wondering, have you seen any creatures that the rest of us might not know of?"
"How do people keep finding us...?" Udyr snorted and nodded his head, "Yes. There are creatures that we know of that you do not know. We have hunted them."

He raised an eyebrow, glaring at the Demacian woman, "Why would you want to know such a thing?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Angel Knight View Post
Kayle listened to Udyr go on, her face and features remaining indifferent, it wasn't like she hasn't heard this before. Kayle then sighed after he finished. "You are correct, I do not question my societies morals, for they are my morals. I do not question the people, for they are my people. I do not question the way of life, for it is my way of life." Kayle the broke off for a moment before continuing "But you are wrong about one thing.. I do try and understand." Kayle said

"I carry out punishment, when there is simply no other way. Morgana had a different belief then me.. yes, but I offered her a chance to join me, I tried to talk to her. But she would not listen. So what else could I do?" Kayle went on to say "I always tried to understand, but more times then not, I was forced to solve the problem with my blade than with words.." Kayle let out another sigh "Justice, is often an ugly thing. I am cold hearted because I must be, if I wasn't, misery and sadness would have over taken me eons ago." Kayle said "But I am not uncaring for the person I am forced to cut down, nor do I try to not understand them" Kayle then took her blade and stabbed it in the foliage in front of her, resting her hands on the butt of it. "There is.. another thing you are incorrect about" Kayle went on to say "I do not hate Morgana. I fight her because I must, for the benefit of my people.. my world."

Kayle then looked at the floor "What can change the nature of a man..?" Kayle repeated the beast mans question. With a heaved sigh, and the closing of her eyes, the timeless angel warrior answered the simple word "Regret"
Udyr rolled his arms and his shoulders, taking a momentary pause from the work he was conducting. "You say you try to understand, but you kill anyways in the name of justice, not for yourself. You hide behind the facade that it is justice that guides your hand, yet you are a being. A person. You are not a concept, you are living. You try and understand, and when you fail to do so, you cut them down. You are not a tool, unless you choose to be. Even we, who pride ourselves on casting out unnecessary emotion, still utilize anger, still use rage to empower our fists."

Udyr walked around to the side of the boulder, showing that his carving had made the face of a rough looking mountain lion.

"It could be your nature to do so, it truly can, but that does not mean we have to care about you or why you do what you do. Why then, do you cut down those that disagree with you? How is that justice? An animal kills another animal because that is its nature. That is justice in its purest form. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. No hatred, no judgement, no reason for law, it is how animals are. The nature of any living being is that of destruction. It must kill to survive, from eating plant life to preying on animals. What is it that Morgana had done so differently? Try and kill all of you? Should you care? Defend yourself, that is what comes to anyone naturally. However...you are immortal."

Udyr reached over and with a small slap, tore off the head of the sculpture he was working on. "We will die. Almost everyone will die simply from age alone. You, however, will not. You think that because of your infinite age, you think yourself more apt to judge others, you think yourself more intelligent, more perceptive, due to your age. We would admit such a thing is true in many a case, except you are immortal. You are stagnant. You are in no rush to learn the lessons that we beings have only scant decades to learn in. We are in conflux, we are in constant turmoil. You say regret can change the nature of a man. Is that all?"

The beast man shrugged his shoulders, "What about choice? Can one choose to change their nature? Is the basics of man's nature always fundamentally the same? You say that answer as though you are absolutely sure that is the answer, rather than saying you do not know. You say you try and understand, yet you are no different than you were before. You were told to jump, and you have not yet come back down."

He then went back to sculpting the rock.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Angel Knight

Senior Member

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskUdyr View Post
Udyr rolled his arms and his shoulders, taking a momentary pause from the work he was conducting. "You say you try to understand, but you kill anyways in the name of justice, not for yourself. You hide behind the facade that it is justice that guides your hand, yet you are a being. A person. You are not a concept, you are living. You try and understand, and when you fail to do so, you cut them down. You are not a tool, unless you choose to be. Even we, who pride ourselves on casting out unnecessary emotion, still utilize anger, still use rage to empower our fists."

Udyr walked around to the side of the boulder, showing that his carving had made the face of a rough looking mountain lion.

"It could be your nature to do so, it truly can, but that does not mean we have to care about you or why you do what you do. Why then, do you cut down those that disagree with you? How is that justice? An animal kills another animal because that is its nature. That is justice in its purest form. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. No hatred, no judgement, no reason for law, it is how animals are. The nature of any living being is that of destruction. It must kill to survive, from eating plant life to preying on animals. What is it that Morgana had done so differently? Try and kill all of you? Should you care? Defend yourself, that is what comes to anyone naturally. However...you are immortal."

Udyr reached over and with a small slap, tore off the head of the sculpture he was working on. "We will die. Almost everyone will die simply from age alone. You, however, will not. You think that because of your infinite age, you think yourself more apt to judge others, you think yourself more intelligent, more perceptive, due to your age. We would admit such a thing is true in many a case, except you are immortal. You are stagnant. You are in no rush to learn the lessons that we beings have only scant decades to learn in. We are in conflux, we are in constant turmoil. You say regret can change the nature of a man. Is that all?"

The beast man shrugged his shoulders, "What about choice? Can one choose to change their nature? Is the basics of man's nature always fundamentally the same? You say that answer as though you are absolutely sure that is the answer, rather than saying you do not know. You say you try and understand, yet you are no different than you were before. You were told to jump, and you have not yet come back down."

He then went back to sculpting the rock.
Kayle simple remained to look indifferent after opening her eyes "You are correct, I am not a concept" Kayle said "But justice does guide my hand, and justice often calls for death" Kayle said bluntly, her blue eyes, looking calmly at the beast man "I cut them down, not because I fail to understand them, but because they refuse to understand me, and put my people in danger." Kayle went on to say, rolling her own shoulders forward, her wings stretching out a little as she did.

"As far as being a tool..? I would say I am not, I use the morals of justice, justice, does not use me." Kayle replied, her hands still resting on the butt of her sword "No mortal has the right to judge another mortal." Kayle went on to say "Who are you to say the life of another is forfeit, when yours alone, is automatically forfeit?" Kayle said "As you said, you die from age. I, however, do not." Kayle simply paused for a moment "Choice, interesting." Kayle said "We all have a choice, Udyr" Kayle went on to say "It was what pushes us to make that choice that matters."

Kayle simply brushed a few strands of golden hair from her face, her timeless features relaxed "You are wrong, beast man.. I was never told to jump" Kayle replied "I jumped of my own will, and you are correct, until my home is at peace, I will not come back down"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Lunari

Senior Member

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskUdyr View Post
The flames from Udyr's body hissed and ate at the foliage about them. He took a step towards Diana, cricking his fingers, but otherwise said nothing. Another step forward sent out a torrent of heat. He kept his distance, growling and snarling the entire time, staring at the moonlight knight.
Diana would continue to glare at Udyr as he slowly stepped forward.

Is something the matter Udyr? I am willing to accept you for who you are, and learn the ways of how to accept... yet you stand there within your same stance. If you want a fight, you can have it later, but I for one do not wish to fight you within your home turf. Especially since I already made my intentions known.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AskUdyr

Senior Member

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Angel Knight View Post
Kayle simple remained to look indifferent after opening her eyes "You are correct, I am not a concept" Kayle said "But justice does guide my hand, and justice often calls for death" Kayle said bluntly, her blue eyes, looking calmly at the beast man "I cut them down, not because I fail to understand them, but because they refuse to understand me, and put my people in danger." Kayle went on to say, rolling her own shoulders forward, her wings stretching out a little as she did.

"As far as being a tool..? I would say I am not, I use justice the morals of justice, justice, does not use me." Kayle replied, her hands still resting on the butt of her sword "No mortal has the right to judge another mortal." Kayle went on to say "Who are you to say the life of another is forfeit, when yours alone, is automatically forfeit?" Kayle said "As you said, you die from age. I, however, do not." Kayle simply paused for a moment "Choice, interesting." Kayle said "We all have a choice, Udyr" Kayle went on to say "It was what pushes us to make that choice that matters."

Kayle simply brushed a few strands of golden hair from her face, her timeless features relaxed "You are wrong, beast man.. I was never told to jump" Kayle replied "I jumped of my own will, and you are correct, until my home is at peace, I will not come back down"
"Our life is forfeit. We know that. If you wished to slay us, then we would retaliate but..." He ground his teeth against one another angrily. "...We are loathe to admit this, but we are not sure if we would be able to best you outside of the Fields of Justice. We would not hold anything against you, though. You chose to kill us, and like a predator, you follow through. The stronger lives, the weaker dies. That is justice, correct? You slay the weak, the strong live. The weak may have something to say, but it matters not. You are stronger. You will kill them. Their life is at an end."

Udyr stopped and tapped at the rock, "Why then, do people view you as an angelic, pure being, but then look at us with disdain? Why is it you follow many of the same principles that we do, but we are looked at differently? We do not lie about who we are. We are Udyr. It is our nature. Why then would you have any sort of disdain to others for simply acting within their nature? Is that what justice is? You are correct, and they are incorrect? Is that what true justice is?"

Udyr shrugged, "We do not know. Justice is a ridiculous concept. You are alive, or you are dead. That is all that matters."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Lunari View Post
Diana would continue to glare at Udyr as he slowly stepped forward.

Is something the matter Udyr? I am willing to accept you for who you are, and learn the ways of how to accept... yet you stand there within your same stance. If you want a fight, you can have it later, but I for one do not wish to fight you within your home turf. Especially since I already made my intentions known.

Udyr took another step forward, more flames and more heat hissing out from him. "And we told you ours: Leave. Now."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Lunari

Senior Member

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskUdyr View Post


Udyr took another step forward, more flames and more heat hissing out from him. "And we told you ours: Leave. Now."

I did leave, you simply followed. But alas, I will not bother you no more... Go back to eating your food if you please.

Diana turns to walk away.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AskUdyr

Senior Member

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Lunari View Post
I did leave, you simply followed. But alas, I will not bother you no more... Go back to eating your food if you please.

Diana turns to walk away.
The beast man snarls once more before turning around. He stomps away, the fire quickly dissipating from his being. He growls loud enough for Diana to hear, "And like that, you cannot do what you set out to do. You are like anyone else: Weak. You think of acceptance, but you walk away once faced with adversity. You turn your back and you flee. Like everyone else, you are weak. You do not know what it means to keep your word."

Udyr did not look back as he made his way back to his food.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MadDoctorMundo

Senior Member

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskUdyr View Post
With our fists.
"Oh." The lumbering Zaunite stared down at the Ionian beast man for a long moment before licking his lips with his enlarged tongue. "You not understand, it seem. Mundo want to know how you fight by fighting you! Mundo promise he not kill you or make you test for Mundo's new medical stuffs, so will you fight Mundo?"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Bestial Nyan

Senior Member

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskUdyr View Post

"We did not choose them," Udyr admitted. "They essentially asked to take residence within our being. We have since realized them, and we can exemplify their traits. The first that came was the Tiger, the second was the Turtle, the third was the Bear, and for now, the last was the Phoenix."

Udyr looked about and grumbled, "If you are not busy, then perhaps you would accompany us on a hunt?"
Nidalee looks at her nails, closing her fist, and rubs her fingernails with her thumb, "Who is the prey?"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Luxanna

Senior Member

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskUdyr View Post
"How do people keep finding us...?" Udyr snorted and nodded his head, "Yes. There are creatures that we know of that you do not know. We have hunted them."

He raised an eyebrow, glaring at the Demacian woman, "Why would you want to know such a thing?"
"It's a matter of keeping Demacia safe." Lux responded. "I'm just making sure no big beasts are trying to attack us."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Lunari

Senior Member

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskUdyr View Post
The beast man snarls once more before turning around. He stomps away, the fire quickly dissipating from his being. He growls loud enough for Diana to hear, "And like that, you cannot do what you set out to do. You are like anyone else: Weak. You think of acceptance, but you walk away once faced with adversity. You turn your back and you flee. Like everyone else, you are weak. You do not know what it means to keep your word."

Udyr did not look back as he made his way back to his food.
Diana stops in her tracks, and yells back.

Who are you to judge? I did keep my word and left, you simply followed enraged. If I wanted a fight, I wouldve made my intentions clear when I arrived, and only you are the one wishing to fight.

It is only you who thinks as such... She would then continue her walk.