Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask TheThorns

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskUdyr View Post
((You aren't))

"You are dangerous. You are a predator," the beast man grunted. "You do what you see is fit as is in accordance to your nature, and we do not fault you for that. However, you, like most of humanity, are akin to this rose."

Udyr reached over at the rose and with a sweep of his hand, sliced the head of the flower cleanly off.

"Fragile."
Zyra cringes as the rose was sliced,
"I see... So you think I am weak? Do you think I weakened myself by becoming this form?"
She then smirks, her tone of voice changing to one of curiousity.
"This is not an offer, but, could you see youself friends with something as... 'fragile' as myself?"

AskUdyr

12-10-2012

"You have weakened yourself by becoming that form," Udyr agreed. "You are now given form, given different limits, things you are not accustomed to, and unlike a plant where it can die and rejuvenate, much like the cycle of seasons, a human cannot."

He pointed at the Mistress of the Thorns, "Even if you understood the concept of friendship rather than the idea of symbiosis, even if you were not so fragile, no. We are Udyr. We are friends to no one."

Ask TheThorns

12-10-2012

Quote:
"You have weakened yourself by becoming that form," Udyr agreed. "You are now given form, given different limits, things you are not accustomed to, and unlike a plant where it can die and rejuvenate, much like the cycle of seasons, a human cannot."

He pointed at the Mistress of the Thorns, "Even if you understood the concept of friendship rather than the idea of symbiosis, even if you were not so fragile, no. We are Udyr. We are friends to no one."
Zyra smile falters a little at the mention she could die and not come back. A frown appears in it's place for a split second,
"I took this form in order to survive... Weird to think I had take a weaker form to survive where the stronger one could not."
The smile returns as she looks back to Udyr,
"So.. You believe friendship weakens someone? If I were to stay unattached to someone, gain no friends, that would allow me to become stronger in order to survive?"

AskUdyr

12-10-2012

"Would you consume a friend? It is kill or be killed, eat or be eaten. Only the strongest survive, the weak will die," the beast man grunted. "With a ridiculous notion such as friendship, you inhibit yourself. You give yourself weaknesses that you would not have otherwise. Friends are not needed if you aim to survive for your own sake, as we do."

Ask TheThorns

12-10-2012

Zyra smiles as Udyr as mentions surviving for ones own sake,
"If someone were to overcome the weaknesses that come with friendship, would that make them stronger than one that is to afraid to make friends incase they cannot overcome the friendship? Of course, I am not saying you are afraid of making friends."

Zyra was not interesting in becoming friends, her main need was to survive. But if it were possible to have a friend, over come the weakness and still survive. Why should one not enjoy themselves.

AskUdyr

12-10-2012

Udyr raised an eyebrow, "That would still make them weak, because if they die or are pained, you feel obligated in a way to feel empathy for them. Why should you? It is a societal norm that is ingrained in people. People get hurt, people die, one is not more important than the other. When you start individualizing and evaluating the value of a single person, then they suddenly become more important than the rest of the herd. That is stupid. There is no way to overcome this hurdle, that is what friendship is. We have no reason to burden ourselves in such a useless manner."

Ask TheThorns

12-10-2012

Zyra nodded, finding herself almost agreeing completely with what Udyr said,
"Thank you for your time."
She the turns to leave, the vines receding as she walks. She stops at the entrance and turns her head to Udyr,
"I think I like you. Any time you are in my part of the forests... Feel free to stop by."
Knowing full well the gesture would probably mean nothing to Udyr she leaves.

Ask the Shadow

12-10-2012

Hrm...thou art an anomaly to me, Animal Spirit. Thou speakest of thyself as 'we', and we have beheld thee shifting shapes as other mortals may change their garments. With every shift, it would appear that thou embodies some unseen force...a host to some number of spirits, perhaps? 'twould explain the most 'unique' spiritual forces radiating from thee even now. I demand an explanation.

Ask the Lunari

12-10-2012

Quote:

A crack of bone could be heard. The death cry of an animal soon followed. If Dian had to guess, she would best educate the sounds came roughly from her left.

Diana hears the crack, finally taking notice of her surroundings and looking all around herself...She was lost.

Diana then, wondering what happened... walks towards the area of the sound cautiously.

AskUdyr

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask TheThorns View Post
Zyra nodded, finding herself almost agreeing completely with what Udyr said,
"Thank you for your time."
She the turns to leave, the vines receding as she walks. She stops at the entrance and turns her head to Udyr,
"I think I like you. Any time you are in my part of the forests... Feel free to stop by."
Knowing full well the gesture would probably mean nothing to Udyr she leaves.
The beast man shrugged his shoulders, grunted, and waved her off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Shadow View Post
Hrm...thou art an anomaly to me, Animal Spirit. Thou speakest of thyself as 'we', and we have beheld thee shifting shapes as other mortals may change their garments. With every shift, it would appear that thou embodies some unseen force...a host to some number of spirits, perhaps? 'twould explain the most 'unique' spiritual forces radiating from thee even now. I demand an explanation.
You demand nothing of us. We choose to answer you as we please, not on your command. Count yourself lucky we cannot kill you where you stand due to the League's protection.

((Udyr doesn't take kindly to demands.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Lunari View Post
Diana hears the crack, finally taking notice of her surroundings and looking all around herself...She was lost.

Diana then, wondering what happened... walks towards the area of the sound cautiously.
Diana would find herself before a grizzly scene. A large moose would be seen with its skull caved inwards while a beast man sliced at its flesh with his bare hands. His hands were drenched in the animal's blood as he tore out chunks of its flesh. He gripped a fairly large piece of its flank in his hand and stared at it. His hand burst into flames, cooking and searing the meat in his grasp.

As the meat roasted, Udyr grunted aloud, "Lady of the moon. Do you seek death?"