AskUdyr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AskUdyr

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Jax View Post
If I have it my way, you won't even make it to her. On a more pleasant subject, though, does Thursday morning fit in with your schedule?
Thursday morning is acceptable. We shall see you then.

Ask Shyvana

02-26-2012

Ah, hello, Udyr.

You're one of the humans whose strength surprises me. I have to ask, what training do you do each day to be as physically powerful as you are?

AskUdyr

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
Ah, hello, Udyr.

You're one of the humans whose strength surprises me. I have to ask, what training do you do each day to be as physically powerful as you are?
A fine question, a fine question indeed. Unlike Jax, we do not strap ourselves down with weights.

It matters on the day to be frank, if we have the time we organize a full day of sparring with various Champions, especially the imprisoned ones. Why not fight those whose might are sealed by the League themselves in an attempt to surpass them? This is not as frequent as we wish it to be unfortunately.

Otherwise we do simple things like running, swimming, hunting and so forth. Perhaps the only note worthy exercise we do is mountain sculpting. Outside the Institute is a mountain that we have been carving out for our entire stay at the Institute. We spend at least six hours a day on carving it with our bare hands. This carving helps with meditation, strength, endurance, precision, artistry, everything a martial artist aims for.

Sometimes we carve out individual blocks of stone out of the mountain first then proceed to sculpt it, it is quite invigorating. Perhaps if you and Jax have the time you would like to see such a feat?

AskUdyr

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Ahri View Post
Dear Udyr

Is there a fox stance?
Oh...it's...it's you.

No, there is no fox 'stance.' No fox stance, no vixen 'stance', no vulpin 'stance', no 'stance' related to foxes whatsoever.

Weapologizefornotansweringsoonerandthankyouforyour questionpleaseleaveusbe.

SpicyJackTheBard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-26-2012

Udyr,

Why do you hold such distaste towards Ahri?

In all Sincerity,
Summoner Spicy Jack, the Bard of Piltover.

Eredaar

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskUdyr View Post
The only dragons we have met are those we met in the League, and we know they are a stale comparisons compared to the true noble creatures they are. This is no offense intended towards Shyvana, a powerful creature whom we have fought many times in matches and happily so. Her anger, her strength, it boils our blood, it invigorates our killing spirit.

And please do not address us by such a title if you wish to respect us. We have not earned it yet. We have a long, bloodied path to travel down before we can deem ourselves worthy of such a title.
As you wish Udyr.

AskUdyr

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyJackTheBard View Post
Udyr,

Why do you hold such distaste towards Ahri?

In all Sincerity,
Summoner Spicy Jack, the Bard of Piltover.
We do not hold distaste for her, we simply...hate her. We hate her, she is to die by our fist for being...she is to die by our fist. There, we answered your query, leave us be.

...Apparently our editor does not like our answer and is threatening to release information if we do not. We will comply for now, but we will tear his spine out and shove it d-

The long and short of it is she...urgh this is embarrassing. She is the opposite of us, a beast made a man while we were a man made beasts. Her desires, her goals, they are the opposite of what we wish. She is everything we wish not to be, she is a living, breathing example of what we have given up in the pursuit of strength and power. Yet if she is the opposite, she is supposed to be weak. Why then does she have such power at her fingertips?

In conclusion, we dislike her strictly because of her existence.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskUdyr View Post
We do not hold distaste for her, we simply...hate her. We hate her, she is to die by our fist for being...she is to die by our fist. There, we answered your query, leave us be.

...Apparently our editor does not like our answer and is threatening to release information if we do not. We will comply for now, but we will tear his spine out and shove it d-

The long and short of it is she...urgh this is embarrassing. She is the opposite of us, a beast made a man while we were a man made beasts. Her desires, her goals, they are the opposite of what we wish. She is everything we wish not to be, she is a living, breathing example of what we have given up in the pursuit of strength and power. Yet if she is the opposite, she is supposed to be weak. Why then does she have such power at her fingertips?

In conclusion, we dislike her strictly because of her existence.
Now that's a little silly, Udyr. Strength comes in many forms. I think we can all agree that Lux is physically not imposing. No disrespect to her, and I'm sure the Demacian basic military training that even mages go through has made her perfectly capable of kicking my ass, but compared to someone like you, it wouldn't be much of a fight. But would you ever call her weak? Certainly not.

...please don't kill me. Jax already wants to.

Aaaanyway, are there any aquatic stances? Like, could you dive into the water and assume some kind of shark stance?

AskUdyr

02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
Now that's a little silly, Udyr. Strength comes in many forms. I think we can all agree that Lux is physically not imposing. No disrespect to her, and I'm sure the Demacian basic military training that even mages go through has made her perfectly capable of kicking my ass, but compared to someone like you, it wouldn't be much of a fight. But would you ever call her weak? Certainly not.

...please don't kill me. Jax already wants to.

Aaaanyway, are there any aquatic stances? Like, could you dive into the water and assume some kind of shark stance?
If Jax wishes to kill you, then we will not hold him back.

With that being said, we would call Luxana physically weak as you stated. She needs to train her body strength, it is good to be strong in both mind and body. You are also correct, strength comes in many forms, but why have only one form of strength when you have many forms available to you? We find it strange that magi are these old, crippled beings that command the power of the Heavens, yet a single sneeze may blow them down.

Luxana is different from Ahri, however. Luxana fights for Demacia, she has a purpose for which to fight for, no matter how fleeting such an idea is, it is still a reason to fight. Why does Ahri fight? If she only wished to survive, then she has more than enough power. She does not fight for Ionia, she does not fight for power, she does not fight for, pft, love: She has no decipherable reason to fight, yet she does.

You may argue, "She wishes to become human, so she fights!" To become human? That is her goal? Do you know the stain that humanity is upon the world? How terrible a thing is to be human, and yet she stupidly desires to be one.

She has no end goal, no real purpose, she wishes to become human, while we wish to transcend humanity, to transcend the human condition. We let other humans be because that is how they are raised to be, human beings, it is up to them to see past their nose. It is their choice, it only matters to us when they get in our way with their stupid, base...We digress. Ahri has seen past and beyond the metaphorical nose, and has settled upon being a human. Why? We do not know, we could not understand such a concept even if it were explained to us. It is stupidity in all of its essence.

And for your final point, we have no purely 'aquatic 'stances.' The reasoning is behind the Ionian Zodiac and so forth, but the only aquatic animal in the Ionian Zodiac is the Turtle and even then it is an amphibious creature, reflecting the nature of man and their mind: One cannot live only on land or in the ocean, or even the sky, one must accept all states of mind and be able to flow among these states. This is the key in what you summoners call, the 'stance dance.'

To be perfectly honest with you, as we said in a previous answer, it eludes us how there is no shark 'stance', but that is simply how life is sometimes. We can dream though, we can dream.

BloatedBile

02-27-2012

Poodyr,

How did you deal with the removal of your coveted Innervating Locket? Also, what is your opinion on the new "locket"? Is it a mockery of its former glory or something entirely new?

-BB

PS: Phoenixes exist on Runeterra? How would a standard fiery phoenix spirit deal with the existence on one such as Anivia?

PPS: Don't mind my pet name for you and if you do, I'll just have to be more careful when you're summoned against me.