Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AskUdyr

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fffogolin View Post
Udyr, what is your opinion on Kog'Maw and Ahri now?
Kog'maw is a little Voidling that does not seem hellbent on destroying Runeterra, so we do not care. Cho'gath and Malzahar is our greater concern.

Ahri is impressing us with her steady development in her pile driving skills. We applaud her for coming so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cryophoenix View Post
Udyr, I am pleased that you have also begun to answer questions. You are a powerful and fearsome warrior, I must admit you can fill even me with dread when you charge from the Jungles. No one can doubt your strength.

Yet I'm glad we can separate ourselves from such violence at least once in a while, and speak to each other on far more civil terms. I would enjoy getting to know you outside of the Fields of Justice.

I... however, can't help but be curious. Your Phoenix stance, where did you learn it and how do you master it? I'm sure you can figure out why I am interested, for I do believe I am the only phoenix on Runeterra, yet you've seemed to master a fighting style very similar to the Phoenixes of Fire on my home world. Do you know how the legends of my species made it into Runeterra?

Anivia, the Cryophoenix
We know only of the Ionian legend of the Phoenix. It is part of the creation myth that Ionians tend to hold for Ionia and Runeterra. The Phoenix we are able to call upon is the avatar of the Celestial Phoenix. It is sometimes referred to as the first Phoenix.

The fire Phoenix is not only the symbol of the rebirth, but that of the Emperor, of the Conqueror. Its fire is to bathe the world in its cleansing flames, to bring life anew from the ashes. We were blessed by the aspect of it, and we are its Avatar. We learned how to control its consuming nature and flames, which in turn created the fighting style you see.

Ask Talon

03-25-2012

Udyr,

I find myself in a foolish mood, so I have a question.

Your opinion on myself?

~Talon

((This should be good xD))

Zanes Zalesh

03-25-2012

You seem to harness perhaps... Too deeply the spirits, the anima of Nature, Udyr, am i wrong to say you might be... On the brink of having your consciousness and individual persona swallowed by the Green World?

AskUdyr

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Talon View Post
Udyr,

I find myself in a foolish mood, so I have a question.

Your opinion on myself?

~Talon

((This should be good xD))
It has not changed, Tool. You are still nothing but a Tool without a purpose, killing aimlessly and making stupid claims. You are insignificant. You are nothing. We care not for who you have killed, who you think you killed of any importance, in the end it matters not since you did not choose to. You were told to.

You are a tool, Tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanes Zalesh View Post
You seem to harness perhaps... Too deeply the spirits, the anima of Nature, Udyr, am i wrong to say you might be... On the brink of having your consciousness and individual persona swallowed by the Green World?
It is always on the brink, but it has not. We will not let it happen again. Udyr still resides in this body. It is not a concern for us, unless he is to be angered, and let rage take over once more.

Redeemed In Fire

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskUdyr View Post
The fire Phoenix is not only the symbol of the rebirth, but that of the Emperor, of the Conqueror. Its fire is to bathe the world in its cleansing flames, to bring life anew from the ashes. We were blessed by the aspect of it, and we are its Avatar. We learned how to control its consuming nature and flames, which in turn created the fighting style you see.
This sounds curiously similar to Brand's philosophy. What are your thoughts on him?

AskUdyr

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
This sounds curiously similar to Brand's philosophy. What are your thoughts on him?
Though we have literal fire, the Phoenix is more of a spiritual cleansing than physical. Do consider that the Phoenix is servant to only one, the Dragon. The Phoenix will not go over the command of the one who conquered the conqueror. The Phoenix, despite Its rage, Its anger, Its power, Its might, knows Its place. The physical cleansing of the world is simply going to leave a world without anything or any being, and that would be detrimental to the Celestials.

Fire can mean more than simple destruction and rebirth. Brand is the elemental personification of fire, and is hosted in a weak body. He sees nothing but the purification of the world on a whole, and by doing so physically. He may be needed, but we are rather selfish in the sense that if he wished to cleanse us, we would destroy him with ease.

It is only the resulting battle of the elemental aspect wishing to dominate our body that the true battle would begin. That is the all consuming nature of Brand, and that is a fight we would relish.

Zanes Zalesh

03-25-2012

Being this, on all the elemental discussion, you are really attuned to Nature as a whole, seeing that each beast you walk within... Are the sole avatars of the Four Great Elements... Fascinating...

Ask Shyvana

03-25-2012

The furs that you wear look very heavy and encumbering. Why do you wear them?

IS10aa73f25589a39b94e65

03-25-2012

Udyr,

I have a rather odd question for you, considering recent events. Would you be my best man?

Jax

AskUdyr

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
The furs that you wear look very heavy and encumbering. Why do you wear them?
Why do you combine your scales with your skin instead of being fully human or fully draconic at all times? They are comfortable, and they remind us of our very first kill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Jax View Post
Udyr,

I have a rather odd question for you, considering recent events. Would you be my best man?

Jax
Was that ever a question?

We shall accept such honorifics only if we do not have to wear a penguin suit. We are not particular fans of the penguin 'stance.'