Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Good tank jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

uberlando

02-26-2012

I'm looking to buy a jungler thats a tank. Amumu and malphite seem like good options b/c of their skillset but are there any other champs that can do the same job?

iblist

02-26-2012

Cho'gath, nautilus, Shen, jarvan, sejuani, those are the ones I got off the top of my head.

Zukriuchen

02-26-2012

Olaf, Shyvana, Skarner, Udyr (though these are better played as tanky DPSes), Singed (not the best jungler, but you know it), Nautilus, Maokai and Warwick.

Don't you dare say Warwick isn't good if played tanky

Sarminia

02-26-2012

Udir, Nunu, cho gath are the best tehn i know

BiOniiK

02-26-2012

Malphite and Mumu are both great; however, Maokai is probably the best I've used/seen. Great utility and tank capabilities. Also, his jungle speed is one of the fastest in the game.

1337n00bh4x0r

02-26-2012

I'd second the Maokai vote. He's alot of fun, to boot, and brings plenty of CC to make ganks easy. Jarvan is also fun, but every time you ult you run the risk of ruining the game.

ADGarner

02-26-2012

Quote:
uberlando:
I'm looking to buy a jungler thats a tank. Amumu and malphite seem like good options b/c of their skillset but are there any other champs that can do the same job?

You'll find that once Malphite drops his ultimate he has difficulty tanking for extended drag out team fights down the river or middle lane. It's mostly because even though he has tank abilities he actually plays like an AP assassin. However Malphite works great if there's another bruiser or quasi tank on the team to help fill the gaps.

I think Amumu is a better pick. He can really go a long time. Has a deadly jungle and has devious tricks (like bandage toss over wall).

xxApexPredatorxx

02-26-2012

Rammus is also a great jungler.