Blue vs. Purple

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

notsureifsrs

02-25-2012

Why is blue side usually preferred over purple side? I'm not talking about purple side being bad. I'm just curious to why most people prefer blue side?

DashOfLoyalty

02-26-2012

There's a bit of a sight advantage as far as distance on Blue side, since Purple has to go down screen and the HUD bar is in the way. But that can be countered by learning to play with an unlocked camera and other things.

Fleshpenant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathisaBich View Post
There's a bit of a sight advantage as far as distance on Blue side, since Purple has to go down screen and the HUD bar is in the way. But that can be countered by learning to play with an unlocked camera and other things.
that is not countering it as if you do that you lose information on the other side

shadowgift

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2012

the real difference is that only poor minded ppl see a diference. its actually the same **** but the blue is at the right side and the red is at the left side

Fleshpenant

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowgift View Post
the real difference is that only poor minded ppl see a diference. its actually the same **** but the blue is at the writhe side and the red is at the left side
dude what

s8nlilhlpr

02-26-2012

meh its easier for jungle to gank bot from blue side, since red buff is closer.

longobongo

02-26-2012

It's easier for jungle to gank top from purple side. I dont see your point. I personally prefer purple.

infested999

02-26-2012

- Easier for jungler to gank bot
- Bot lane can get double golems before minions arrive only on the blue side
- On the blue team, their solo top can get their blue buff, which makes for a good gangplank with blue buff combo
- The sight advantage since the bottom of the screen is covered by the HUD

TheoryFlex

02-26-2012

I prefer Blue so bot lane can take mini golems.

LoginFix4Gumyste

Recruiter

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleshpenant View Post
dude what
lol he said writhe.......and I feel blue might be better to some players because if they started LoL by playing against bots well human players are always on the blue side. So it is a habit of moving your mouse to the top of the screen to move around the map, instead of the purple side which you need to move your mouse to the bottom of the screen to move around.