Malzahar Minions Move Speed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Esariah

05-08-2014

I'd really like to see the minions be less useless. They're awesome under certain circumstances, but with their AI still being very clunky, you oftentimes see them unable to even get around creeps to the champion that you have dotted or ulted by the time it expires.

I'd really like to see their movement speed increase as their AD and Armor increases, so that if you play him correctly and wait until they are tier 3 minions, you can rest assured that your patience will be rewarded when you land that crucial dot or ult, and that your minions will actually get to their target and assist you in the kill.

I don't think this is an unreasonable buff for Malzahar in the current state of the game. Yes he is disgustingly strong if played correctly, but his strengths comes with tremendous tradeoffs in the form of no mobility, and no movement related CC aside from an ult that locks you in place as well (not complaining about that point, so much, just stating the facts.)

His minions are kind of his mechanic that separates him from other bursty mages, and it's sad that they end up being useless so often. I can't tell you how many times I've unloaded on someone only to see my minion stand there for a few seconds before trying to chase, and then getting there too late; and this is after the AI update. I understand there are going to be limitations in what you can do to make the minions "smart" without making them TOO smart, but I think making them capable of actually catching a target when they're buffed is a fair thing to ask.

Abdulijubjub

05-08-2014

Wouldn't a better solution be to remove unit collision, rather than buffing move speed?

Esariah

05-08-2014

That's an alternative solution, but I don't believe it is better by any means. Unit collision isn't always the problem; only in very early laning (before 3 points in E.) Sometimes the delay in the AI response is the problem and if you're going in for a kill sans-ult, and you dot to alert your minions, but they take a second to respond, by that time the enemy is far enough away to where your minions are either gonna just get eaten by a tower chasing but never gaining ground, or expire before they catch up and help the damage. A level 6-7 Malz can instaclear a wave of minions pretty much. Dot the ranged guys, Q the front line, and when your back line dot hops to the enemy champ while Q clears the melees, your minions, even without anything to collide with, will not be able to catch up with the champ.

JChaosMaster

05-09-2014

well if you want them to target a enemy your meant to use your E first to tell your minon what to go after. Although I think you have a point and they should attack who you attack with your ult first to. but yea they are kinda of a joke to me the problem is his cool downs are soo long its over all impossible to get more then one out at a time.

AshranReaver

05-11-2014

I actually like to use sorc boots with capatain for this reason. It also works wonderfully when you have the red buff for slow as well.

CerealBoxOfDoom

05-11-2014

don't they already have obscene movespeed?

Splougy

05-11-2014

They're movement speed is fine, it's there ADD when you're malific visions wears off... and how they afk after you die... and how they scale with you're AD and not AP...

... and stop bying spectral wraith...

Daarashar

05-11-2014

I think it would be cool to leave them at their current level of movement speed so that they have some limitations. But when you ult someone, it instantly teleports all allied voidlings next to the target of your ult.

This way, they're of the same use they are now from a laning perspective, but when the chips are down and you really need to kill someone with your ult, the voidlings are always there to crank out the DPS.

Sleeper Cell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdulijubjub View Post
Wouldn't a better solution be to remove unit collision, rather than buffing move speed?
Yes!