Who are some good AP mids that stays viable throughout the entire game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Larry Tru0ng

02-25-2012

Title says it all. Which AP champs do you think are good for mid?

d4l3kcaan

02-25-2012

from a new players point of view? morganna / brand are pretty good places to start. they wreck blind pick.

Larry Tru0ng

02-25-2012

Thanks, I just started today, and I like playing AP

Xj6

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2012

Brand still requires good experience on mana control.

He can run out of mana quite fast, and by fast, I mean it drops like a truck from a hill. Having a good jungling friend handing you the blue once in a while will definiely make you the fearload ap carry he is though.

Kennen would be a good one to start, Annie, Malzahar, Kassadin and Vladimir are also good solid choices even though they aren't the top picked AP in the game right now. They just have easier control over their ressources imo.

Sephrinx

02-25-2012

Malzahar is free this week, you should try him out. Look up a build for him and check out his spotlight to get a handle on some tricks and protips. Also one of my fave's is Xerath for his uber poking skills and LeBlanc for her awesome play style...

Eviant

02-25-2012

Depends on what your team needs. You need initiation? Annie, or Gragas. You want consistent dps? Go with Cass. AoE? Look to Brand. Most mages are viable throughout the game, it just depends more or less on what your team needs. If you don't suit your team, you lose a lot of your viability.

Zakurai

02-25-2012

Whoever said lb is wrong. Single target nuke. I would say veigar. Tons of CC and stacks a rediculous amount of ap let alone he's a antimage

Ganlie

02-25-2012

depends completely on what your team needs and who your up against.. but i would try annie or if you want a dps i would definetly try cass.

hotfire

02-25-2012

Learn Ryze if you havnt. You dont have to aim skill shots, can build beefy, and wreck most people that beat up mages. (like that pesky xin or trynd fool's). Remember combo qwqeq.

And annie is another cheap yet effective mage, but I personally dont like her style of counting for the stun.

Spellthief

02-25-2012

AP carries have a strong early and mid game and tend to get weaker late game; the opposite of AD carries.

A handful of AP champions scale well into late game, however. Ryze, Karthus and Cassiopeia, among others, are champions that can still put out a lot of damage late game because of their low cooldowns / high sustained damage.