So I got a 3 day ban...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1C3dR4K3

02-25-2012

...and I know what I did wrong, and I apologize to any players who read this to whom I have been a jerk to. Just gotten frustrated over the last few days, and get too competitive in games, so if any of you read this, my apologies.

That aside, I've heard that if you get banned once, you have a higher chance of getting banned again vs. someone who hasn't been banned before, due to backlogs or something like that. Is this true? I'm going to try all I can to not get banned again and be a better player, but is this true?

1 800 LOI101 TBK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2012

Wait what, people taking responsability for their bans?

atheimetal

02-25-2012

Nice of you. I can basically assure you that if you keep in mind that the people you are talking to are in fact people, probably similar to yourself, your chances of being banned no matter what are pretty low. Just try not to engage someone who is clearly being a problem, and mute them if you need to.

1C3dR4K3

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeGustaDragons View Post
Yeah, if I act like I did nothing wrong and just pretend it's everyone else's fault but mine, that won't lead to anywhere but more bans. Better to acknowledge what I did wrong and improve on that than to blame others, and I will most certainly learn that from my first ban.

1C3dR4K3

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by atheimetal View Post
Nice of you. I can basically assure you that if you keep in mind that the people you are talking to are in fact people, probably similar to yourself, your chances of being banned no matter what are pretty low. Just try not to engage someone who is clearly being a problem, and mute them if you need to.
All right, thank you for the advice. I have this tendency to troll back at someone if they start trolling me. I need to learn to start using the ignore command, lol.

blismal

02-25-2012

It's REALLY hard to get a 3 day ban, trust me on this one. Be cool, respect your fellow noobs and don't use the word noob, and all will fall into place hehe

SimplyAlive

02-25-2012

I believe you will get back into the Tribunal faster due to a lower threshold for repeat offenders, not due a possible backlog.

In other words, if you are improving you have little to fear.

MeatLasagna

02-25-2012

Too many...numbers in name...!$!@>...cannot compute!@$!@%*.

Isamichi

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1C3dR4K3;21387942
That aside, I've heard that if you get banned once, you have a higher chance of getting banned again vs. someone who [B
hasn't been banned[/B] before, due to backlogs or something like that.
Umm no. Pendragon stated that when you're given a warning/banned, any actions that caused you to get banned are pretty much ignored for any subsequent actions.

That being said, it IS true that after an action has been taken that you are more likely to be banned compared to others. those are Trends that they notice in the data Pendragon receives.

Key thing is though there is a Corelation, it is not a Causation.

Chievous

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeGustaDragons View Post
This is like bizarro LoL