Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So, bear with me here..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akkina

02-25-2012

This my first attempt at writing fiction in a setting not of my own imagination, and I wanted to see what you guys thought of it. This is the first chapter of a story I'm doing about Katarina, which will span the majority of her life to-date. If you guys like it I'll post the rest of it here too. = )

There are some parents who knew exactly how their children would turn out from the moment of birth. After seeing his daughter for the first time, General Du Cauteau was accutely aware that he had done his city a great service. Katarina had not cried after her entry into the world, so much as screamed at the forces that had pulled her from her mother; not because she was scared or upset, but more because she had been unable to control what was happening. Her eyes hungrily took in this new setting, catching every movement and scene. When she finally peered into the General's eyes, something happened that hadn't in a very, very long time: He smirked.

"Now, you're gonna want to keep real quiet here, little girl," the foul creature breathed into her ear. While he might have once been a man, years of failure throughout his life had reduced him to more of a vermin. Dirt and filth covered most of his body, and it was more out of disgust than fear that she'd complied. The iron blade at her throat was little more than rust fused together with some sort of grime covered handle. "Come with me and you'll be just fine."
Katarina's first instinct had been to kill him, but that would ruin the fun of playing with another life. She immediately began her game. Quavering, she opened her large blue eyes as wide as she could, nodding as convincingly as she could. Although only fourteen, she'd been through this many times before. In a city with little guards and fewer laws, there was always someone looking to prey on the smaller women. "Please sir, what do you want from me?" her voice wavered ever so slightly, the blade moving against her throat as she swallowed.
She could feel him grin wildly against her neck, even through the thick mess of crimson hair. "We're goin' fer a quick walk!" He jerked her backwards, which she conveniently used as an excuse to fall on her back.
She yelped in feigned surprise, but the hungry look in the man's eyes told her he didn't even suspect she might be more than she looked. Even though she wore a leather brassiere in favor of commoner's simple cotton dress, he'd still chosen her as a target. Sighing, she dropped the act. This idiotic criminal wasn't amusing anymore. Nothing was more boring than a target that wasn't even suspicious of an armored woman acting completely helpless.
However, he did notice the sudden change in her demeanor. Eyes narrowing in anger, he raised his unarmed hand threateningly. "Whas a matter, wench?"
She jumped up with alarming speed, which would have scared the man if he'd had time to react. He gurgled something as she turned her back and walked away. Eyes widening in shock, Katarina's assailant dropped the poor excuse of a weapon as he grasped at his throat. Blood was freely spilling from the dagger she'd thrown as she stood up.
"I suppose father was right," Kat mumbled to herself as she walked away. "There's nothing left for me to learn here."

Let me know what you guys think!

Cerubois

02-25-2012

I was expecting a story about Volibear.

But this was cool. Good job.

Akkina

02-25-2012

Yeah I guess I shoulda thought the title of the thread out better. xD Didn't even consider a Volibear refernce there haha. Thanks though! =3