About Wards and Counter Jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malthazar

02-25-2012

Hello, I had a few questions regarding wards and counter jungling. I am a new player, and I have been having great success with Fiddlesticks. However, that's mainly because the opponents I face are beginners, and are completely oblivious to anything but getting the most kills. They ignore the importance of red/blue buffs and I think most of them aren't even aware that Baron and Dragon even exists in the game.. But anyhow, if I do ever come across a more coordinated enemy opponent with a jungler(s) on their team, can anyone provide some tips for having map dominance? Like how can I deny them important buffs while I get them? I know you use wards, but if you use an oracles' elixir to detect enemy wards, then destroy them, wouldn't the enemy know that you are there, since they will suddenly lose their sight?

tltr;dr - How do you gain an advantage over your opponent with respect to map control and hording buffs?

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Tepin

02-25-2012

Ward the entrances to your own jungle to prevent counter jungling. When you see someone coming to invade ping him and call for the surrounding laners to come help fight.

When you are invading your enemies jungle to steal buffs ask a teammate or two to come help. If you go in with 2-3 champs they probably won't get organized fast enough to put up a real fight even if they know you are there.

Malthazar

02-25-2012

ah thanks for the replies. However, after destroying enemy wards, would it be advisable to camp nearby because it is likely the enemy will come to the location where their ward was destroyed? That way I can ambush them if they do come to check?

Khorpong

02-25-2012

simply ward the enemy's wraiths, this helps mid not being ganked as well as provided info on where the enemy jungler is, making it easier to know when to counter him.

Zakurai

02-25-2012

Always buy purple wards and or an oracle so you can whipe out wards and junglers can gank ftw