Ask Akali

12345612 ... 33
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heil Teemo

02-25-2012

Dear Akali,

I have two questions for you. The first: do you wear your mask to disguise your identity or is it just part of your generic ninja outfit? Because it doesn't seem to be terribly effective when in at least one of your alternate costumes you're not wearing the mask at all, and in others it's so snug that your facial features can be distinguished through it.

That brings me to my second question: Is Akali your given name or is that your ninja alias?

IS1beb7dd44e7faee00386e

02-25-2012

Dear Akali

Would you teach me how to use essence of shadow charges? I understand you use them for your shadow dance ability an I'd like to learn it so I could use it on my spirit rush...

Ask Akali

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
Why the kamas? I mean, they're a fine weapon, but it seems to me that having at least one short blade would be more effective at quickly killing and escaping.
Are you implying that my combat abilities could be made more effective? I don't need ten weapons to kill someone. That would just be messy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ętherwrack View Post
Dear Akali,

I have two questions for you. The first: do you wear your mask to disguise your identity or is it just part of your generic ninja outfit? Because it doesn't seem to be terribly effective when in at least one of your alternate costumes you're not wearing the mask at all, and in others it's so snug that your facial features can be distinguished through it.

That brings me to my second question: Is Akali your given name or is that your ninja alias?
It's really more of a uniform than anything. Shen and Kennen seem to prefer concealing their identity, though.

My name is Akali. We don't have "ninja names" or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Ahri View Post
Dear Akali

Would you teach me how to use essence of shadow charges? I understand you use them for your shadow dance ability an I'd like to learn it so I could use it on my spirit rush...
I doubt it. The shadow dance technique was taught to me by my mother - even I don't fully understand it.

- Akali, the Fist of Shadow

Heil Teemo

02-25-2012

Dear Akali,

How do you prefer to commit a kill? Your preferred weapons (kama) are wonderful for hacking and throat cutting, but useless for stabbing. They also seem to be much larger than similar weapons; almost like axes. Is this a personal preference because you like having some weight behind your blows, or were you given those kama and just got use to their feel?

Ask Shyvana

02-25-2012

Ah, hello, Akali.

I've heard stories of you being able to chop through a chain with your bare hands. Though Tryndamere and Riven can use swords of amazing size, I've yet to see a human prove strong enough to do something like that. Are the stories true?

Mordenn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2012

What would you and your comrades do if the League were to try and enforce an action that didn't follow with your idea of 'preserving the balance'? How deep is your commitment to this organization, basically?

Also, do you feel any special loyalty to Ionia for being your base of operations? Or do you treat it as impartially as any other city state?

Ask Shen

02-25-2012

Akali,

About time you show up, you could be a little slower. Don't expose too much information to them.

- Shen, the Eye of Twilight

Ask Akali

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ętherwrack View Post
Dear Akali,

How do you prefer to commit a kill? Your preferred weapons (kama) are wonderful for hacking and throat cutting, but useless for stabbing. They also seem to be much larger than similar weapons; almost like axes. Is this a personal preference because you like having some weight behind your blows, or were you given those kama and just got use to their feel?
They were given to me by my mother. I use them because hacking and throat cutting is exactly what I need to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
Ah, hello, Akali.

I've heard stories of you being able to chop through a chain with your bare hands. Though Tryndamere and Riven can use swords of amazing size, I've yet to see a human prove strong enough to do something like that. Are the stories true?
They are true, but I don't often use my hands in combat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordenn View Post
What would you and your comrades do if the League were to try and enforce an action that didn't follow with your idea of 'preserving the balance'? How deep is your commitment to this organization, basically?

Also, do you feel any special loyalty to Ionia for being your base of operations? Or do you treat it as impartially as any other city state?
I don't expect such a sudden change in ideals from the Institute, but I suppose that we would leave the League if we feel that staying is no longer beneficial to us.

"Base of operations?" Ionia is our home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shen View Post
Akali,

About time you show up, you could be a little slower. Don't expose too much information to them.

- Shen, the Eye of Twilight
Oh, please. I've already been questioned about breakfast and romance. What are you worried about?

- Akali, the Fist of Shadow

Heil Teemo

02-25-2012

So breakfast and romance weren't invasive enough questions?

... Darn. I don't know what better to ask. Someone ask Akali a horribly vicious and personal question.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Akali View Post
Are you implying that my combat abilities could be made more effective? I don't need ten weapons to kill someone. That would just be messy.
Not more effective. Just more... efficient. It just seems that it's harder to be really up close in combat with those things, as opposed to a dagger.

12345612 ... 33