Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What role has the most influence on a team's success?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foodhi

02-27-2012

solo mid. Jungler can't do anything if all your lanes are losing badly and your teammates are always at low health. Solo mid can win their lane and then gank top, bottom, or jungle.

DuskDodgers

Recruiter

02-27-2012

I've always felt that the tank is super important, someone to take all the damage while everyone else kills the other team off is crucial. Though in the lane phase, the jungler does help a lot. It really is a tough question. Not one role really is better than the other, they all kind of work together.

DarkJuggalo

02-27-2012

I notice all the ppl who solo top feel its the most Important... reality check solo top is worthless compared to a fed supp+ad carry, or a fed ap carry or he'll even the jungles. You know how many times I've seen garen or riven get fed solo top but Kog or graves on the opposite team got fed and that solo top was choking on his teeth in team fights. A fed lb xerath or cass is much stronger than a fed solo top, don't feel I need to mention fed jungles like udyr or skarner. Obvious answer is solo top is least important

iMuse

02-27-2012

AP mid and jungler control the game. If mid fails, you lose map control. Jungler needs to help where needed. Also junger gets a ton of pressure and if the lane fails its usually blamed on jungle. I love jungling, but it's irritating as **** when all 3 lanes are pushed all pinging for help and you show up to mid and bot lane dies or something irritating because they cant win on there own.

SmileyLPhie

02-27-2012

this is a team game so everyone matters to the success of a game. If you are playing regular games, then of course solo mid, top, or ad carry can carry the team if they are really fed. In ranked, it really depends on everyone to land stuns and spells properly. Support is probably the most underrated character that contributes to a victory. Warding and ccing from a support can win a game easily.

Rounder22

02-27-2012

This all depends on the game and champ selections.

If mid LOSES hard and the enemy mid is 4-0, by the 12 minute mark, you have a huge problem on your hands.

If the enemy jungler steals your blue every time while providing blue for his mid each time, you have a problem.

Often times it is more important to simply not lose a lane, rather than actually win it. I don't mind if my mid Cass is behind 30 CS to Fizz as long as Cass didn't die and amplify the problem. 30 CS can be corrected. Going 0-4 probably can't because that 4-0 fizz will wreak havoc on other lanes.

Maybe Graves loses the CS game to Cait, but Graves farms really well so he can make up for it if the team isn't brain dead and gives him time to do so.

In an evenly matched game - mid and jungle probably have the most effect. They can more easily effect any part of the map.