Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ask Kaz - The Break Room [Open RP]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryugi Kazamaru

02-25-2012

Hello fellow Summoners and Champions!

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Junior Summoner Ryugi Kazamaru, but feel free to call me "Summoner Kaz" or "Kaz" for short. Only my mother calls me "Ryugi." As I am a gentleman first, I decided I would invite everyone, Summoners, Champions and anyone in between (even you, Renekton) to the Institute of War's "Break Room."

The League's rules are simple. Enjoy yourselves, be yourselves (but be respectful), and talk amongst yourselves. This is an area to socialize, and all are welcome. I'll be glad to offer up my advice on virtually anything. And I wouldn't mind a little socializing to boot. Running this place can get very tiring at times...

For a little more information about myself, click here (http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/1399).

Till then, relax, take a break, pull up a chair, crash on a couch, help yourself to some tea, and/or take a load off in the Break Room!

Engraved on the outside of the entrance is a plaque stating the following:
Summoners, first and foremost this is a place of rest and relaxation. The League provides this room, free of charge, to all who enter the League of Legends and the Institute of War. Please understand the use of this room is a privilege, not a right. Do not harm or destroy any part of the property within these walls, or perform any behavior that may be upsetting, distractionary, or harmful to other patrons, or disciplinary actions will be taken. Please follow the guidelines set forth by the current Warden of the room at all times, and be courteous to others.

- Senior Summoners of the League -

Current Warden: Junior Summoner Ryugi Kazamaru

Quote:
Room Defenses and Precautionary Measures:

Supernatural Dampening Field
The Break Room is surrounded with powerful magic sigils and wards that severely limit the magical and supernatural abilities of those patrons within the room. In effect, magical powers are dampened considerably, so much so that only the simplest and least complex spells are able to be cast. Small tricks of telekinesis, or other small, harmless spells can be used with ease. Even small displays of fire, light, or other such things can be used, but nothing that could be deemed hazardous to other patrons is allowed by the power of the field. The only exception to this is healing magic in the case of an emergency. In addition, supernatural speed, strength, and other such abilities are hampered by the field as well in order to limit the dangers to other patrons.

Peacekeepers and Nullifying Amulets
Peacekeepers are exactly what their name implies. They are characters tasked to monitor the Break Room and prevent any harm from befalling its participants. In order to better perform their duties, Peacekeepers are given a Personalized Nullification Amulet. This amulet removes the effects of the Dampening Field, allowing a Peacekeeper to use their abilities fully to police disruptive or dangerous individuals. These Amulets can only be used by the Peacekeeper, and cannot be used by any persons other than the designated owner of the Amulet.

Current Peacekeepers:
Summoner Kaz - Warden
Firion
Zachariah

Permanent "Make Whole"/"Fastidiousness" Ritual
This field is in effect for the entirety of the Break Room. If things get damaged or broken for any reason, the field will magically move to make it whole once more. This is to keep the room in peak condition at all times, and lessen the strain on Summoner Kaz's expenses for the upkeep of the room. Yes, the Senior Summoners were taking it out of his pocket. Shame on all of you for smashing things. In addition, the field will also clean any messes left behind as if the room were brand new. As an added bonus, the field leaves behind the fresh scent of lavender after it cleans or repairs something. If you don't like lavender, complimentary nose-plugs are available at the front door.

Preventative Barrier and Medical Teleportation Runes
Hidden within the floor of the Break Room as a set or runes transcribed to further protect the patrons from any serious harm. If, for whatever reason, a serious injury is sustained, the runes will activate, cast a small healing spell upon the injured person, and immediately transport them to the Medical Ward. In addition to the teleportation and healing effect, the runes will also deploy a powerful barrier to halt and nullify any dangerous force that tries to interfere with the Break Room. While within the barrier, the hostile force will be unable to use magic or their supernatural abilities at all. They will be able to move, but unable to move outside the barrier, which will act like a sort of "force field". They will also be incapable of being harmed by anyone outside their personal barrier, except for a Peacekeeper with an Amulet. At this point, rules will be enforced and reinforced, first with a warning, and again with direct action if the issue persists. Hopefully these issues can be resolved without lethal consequences.

((Everyone needs a place to relax and unwind. I figured this thread could serve as a place for everyone to interact with everyone In-Character without worry of disrupting the flow of the designated "Ask a Champion" threads. Think of it sort of like a lounge area with provided food and or snacks and several tables. It should provide a nice atmosphere to interact without having to be too heavy on the "self-help column" style of the Ask threads. Plus, everyone could enjoy a little light RP interaction from time to time, right? Don't worry about huge paragraphs or anything. Just enjoy talking with one another without the stress of constantly staying "On-Topic" like in the Ask threads. In any case, have fun guys!))

BLACKLISTED
FilFire

Ryugi Kazamaru

02-25-2012

"Well, now that that's all set up, I do believe it's time for a break..." Kaz stretches and yawns. He's had a long day, all things concerned.

"I don't think anyone will mind if I just crash here for a while and nap... Right?" As he speaks, he glances side to side, seeing no one. He's alone in the room, and for fairly good reason. It was quite late/early. No sane person would still be awake, unless you happened to be Kaz.

"That's what I thought." With a final look around, Kaz flops down on the nearest couch, draws his hood up and over his head, crosses his legs and arms, and dozes off...

Cerubois

02-25-2012

Cerubois enters the room, upon deciding he might have to be social at some point in his life. He quickly notices no one is here except for the sleeping Kaz.

He spots a nice corner to sit in and proceeds there, slipping out his notebook. He sits quietly and begins writing his continuation of Guiding Light, silently thankful that neither Lux nor Riven have confronted him about it. He can only imagine what consequences would come of that. Laser beams and giant swords. A painful death. But at the very least it would be a pretty one...

Ryugi Kazamaru

02-25-2012

"Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnguah...! That was a good nap." Kaz stretches and glances around, spying the secretive author.

"Oh, hey Ceru." He waves a bit as he stands, stretching. "What are you up to?" He yawns and makes his way over the snack area, snagging himself some tea.

Jaykoboy

02-25-2012

Jayko entered the room, grabbing a quick sandwich and eating it. He looked around to see Kaz and Cerubois talking to each other. "Oh, hey guys. What're you guys doing?"

He rushed over before Ceru could hide his work. "Ah, Guiding Light? Still working on that old thing? Well, I wish you good luck."

He walked around and took a seat, opening an advance copy of the Journal of Justice. "Oh, would you look at that...my date with Riven is in the Local section. Now that's quite interesting."

Ryugi Kazamaru

02-25-2012

Kaz stifles an irritated twitch as Jayko makes his presence known and immediately starts talking about his date with Riven. As if he didn't have to deal with it enough...

"Hello Jay." He pours himself some tea and walks to the corner of the room, sitting in a chair as he takes a sip.

Jaykoboy

02-25-2012

Jayko smiled. "I know it gets on your nerves, you know. You can always ask me to stop."

He continued reading the paper. "Oh, look, the price of gold got another large hike...and seems they're letting in another champion. Where are they finding all these people nowadays?"

Grand Viper

02-25-2012

*CRACK* *BOOM*

A heavy boot beat the door down, smoke trailed from his ash covered hair, his eyebrows were clearly singed off. Coughing a violent storm he grabbed a nearby seat and slumped into it. His left arm twitched violently, a metallic clang was heard as his hand fell to the ground. Groaning he drew out a screwdriver from one of his numerous pouches and went about reattaching his hand, muttering to himself, "Can't lose my favorite writing hand..."

Shaking his head the soot flew off, revealing his shoulder length chestnut hair. He stared about the room, spotting a pot of tea mere feet away from him. Getting up from his seat he poured himself a cup of tea, looking over at the group of gentlemen before him, "How are all of you this fine evening?"

SpicyJackTheBard

Recruiter

02-25-2012

The Bard of Piltover poked his head in, sniffing the air, "I thought I smelled bacon," he says before going over to make himself a cup of tea.

Jaykoboy

02-25-2012

Jayko stood up with the flashy entrance. "Ah, Viper! How good it is to see you! I'm not doing so badly. How's the...er...hand problem going? Still up on my offer to improve it?"

He then took bacon out of his pocket and began eating it.