Dragon in Summoner's Rift could give a buff.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pyrozen

02-24-2012

This idea struck me yesterday when I was ending a game as Kayle...

Killing the Dragon is really dangerous and a waste of time in late game.

While you are killing the dragon, you could farm 7 creeps (190 gold LATE GAME), gank an enemy (50-300 gold), destroy a turrent (200 gold) or engage in a baddass team fight where you could ace the enemy team.

Then this awesome idea came by!
Why not make him drop a temporary buff similar to Lizard Elder's?

It would be more powerful though, I was thinking in reduce target's attack speed and dealing true damage, both would stack!

I'm not good at setting good values for these things but ill give it a try :

Blessing of the River Dragon
Auto-Attacks have a chance to slow enemy attack-speed by 10%/15%/20%/25%/30%/40%
Auto-Attacks deal true damage during 6 seconds, there would be 2 ticks of damage between the third and sixth seconds, would deal 10/20/30/40/50/60 true damage each tick.(half damage for ranged champions)
Auto-Attacks would refresh the duration to 6 seconds.
values would change on levels 6 - 8 / 8 - 10 / 10 - 12 / 12 - 14 / 14 - 16 / 16 - 18

However it is a pity that the name Blue buff is already taken, we would call it... green buff?
SERIOUSLY GUYS WHY A MOSS COVERED GOLEM IS BLUE BUFF?

This would make that our dragon fella much more valuable, perhaps Riot would even buff him for lategame?

Tell me what you guys think about it!

LancerXXX

02-24-2012

No.

Dragon is stupidly valuable as it is. Can you smite turrets? Do turrets have less than 100 armor? Do turrets respawn every six minutes? Can you use spells on turrets? Are ganks not risky? Are teamfights not risky, and does the concept of a teamfight not revolve around Dragon?

Dark Ajax

02-24-2012

Dragon is already invaluable early/mid game. You could be doing better things late game.

Pyrozen

02-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancerXXX View Post
No.

Dragon is stupidly valuable as it is. Can you smite turrets? Do turrets have less than 100 armor? Do turrets respawn every six minutes? Can you use spells on turrets? Are ganks not risky? Are teamfights not risky, and does the concept of a teamfight not revolve around Dragon?
Yet dragon requires a team and time to kill quickly.

I'm just saying the dragon could be more than a target to kill and receive gold/exp.

It could be a valuable buff too!

And yes, teamfights are risky, but imagine most of them concentrated in a single creature spot that is easier to kill than baron Nashor.

Baron Nashor also gives buffs gold and exp, and his difficulty to kill increases over time.

Couldn't dragon do the same thing?

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2012

Baron also doesn't spawn until 15 minutes and generally isn't killable until the 21-22 minute range by good, coordinated teams.

Global gold/xp is fine for dragon. In order to make a buff viable, they would have to reduce those rewards, but why screw with something that already works?

Zukriuchen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2012

"farm 7 creeps"

that's assuming EVERYONE on your team is farming 7 creeps at the exact same moment

"gank an enemy"

it's not sure gold and EXP unlike dragon

"engage in a badass teamfight"

it's not gonna be badass if their team beats you, because they have more items because they got dragon and you didn't

Mastigos

02-26-2012

It's all about the global gold. Watch the tournament games, and see how much gold difference is accumulated just from dragon kills. One dragon kill is 975 total gold for your team, which really adds up if you can maintain control of it on its spawns