Ashe's Hawkshot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rat Star

07-28-2010

Now that Volley doesn't stack with Frost Shot, is it viable to max hawkshot first in place of frost shot?

Volley gives you enough slow as it is, and when Frost Shot doesn't stack slows with volley, it seems as though frost shot is simply not a good investment in terms of skill points.

On the other hand, hawkshot gives you that early game "boost" which lets you farm your boots/BF Sword just "that" much quicker. Although it may not sound like much, it does help, and it is noticeable. However, that is only a bonus to hawkshot. Although it does no damage, it is an incredibly useful scouting tool. It allows you to gank without worry and scout for ganks yourself at level 4, which is when ganks usually begin to occur. This is especially important for a character like Ashe, who is a "glass cannon" compared to other characters, and is very vulnerable to ganks when not aware of them. Further levels allow you to even scout baron from inside your base as purple team, which is immensely helpful to your team.

In addition to scouting with hawkshot, you also have the added benefit of having such amazing synergy with your ulti in the midgame. I have gotten countless kills by hawkshotting to see that 300 hp gangplank recalling between his two turrets, and immediately arrowing for the kill.

In games such as this, the ability to scout, and know what your opponent is doing is incredibly beneficial, and I feel that hawkshot is incredibly powerful when used correctly.

P.S. In case anyone was wondering, I go
W, Q, W, E, then
R > W > E > Q.

VoiceofTreason

07-28-2010

I don't play ashe much and am not the greatest with her either but I do like getting that extra gold early, and the distance to scout is an added bonus.

ToxicJello

07-28-2010

I think its best when in mid, to help against ganks and get extra gold. However, when in side lanes, I go with frost shot, instead because its more useful for getting kills not only for yourself, but your lane partner as well.

Eph289

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2010

I usually get one point in it at level 5, right before the ulti, if I'm not laning that well or want to gank, or at level 7, right after the ulti, if I'm pushing/killing other champs by myself, thereby encouraging big meanies to come gank ME.

The gold boost is virtually negligible. Also, you definitely want Frost Shot if you want to be aggressive at all in the lane. You're laning with someone else, hopefully a tank or MDPS? Frost Shot slows that over-aggressive fighter for your partner (or you) to kill. You're laning by yourself? Mages will be a lot more careful about hit-and-running on you when they know that you can slow and kill them before they can run to your tower.

Exoh

07-28-2010

Since all of these changes, the only game changing difference is Ashe's range.

E is still worthless before 13 if your team communicates; after that you have to get a point in it anyways.

Play Ashe like you always have, except be mindful that your volley range is lower and your auto range is lower, so some ranged characters can hit you easier and staying out of tower range is harder.

Lusden

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2010

Wait, auto-attack range lower? When is that supposed to have happened?