Im buying SC2 someone teach me basic macro

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spunkify

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

07-28-2010

Im fine with micro but I suck at SC2 macro (knowing the keybinds and when to build and not etc)

TEACH ME!

Raptamei

07-28-2010

There are build orders on youtube and teamliquid. Find one and follow it religiously.

For terran I like to start like this
- 9 send scv to scout
- 9 depot at ramp
- 10 rax at ramp
- 12 depot at ramp (closing the wall - don't do this vs zerg or they have two targets to baneling bust)
- 14 gas
- 16 orbital
- use energy on mule
Vs zerg
- add techlab to rax with first 25 gas
- gas
- factory at ramp with next 100 gas (closing the wall)
- use energy on scan (now you need to make a decision: if they're teching make a hellion and rush into their minerals for the win, if zerglings with wings stay turtled, if roach warren make some marauders, if baneling nest or no units at their base immediately put a bunker behind your wall depot, you have 30 seconds before you lose. If you only see a spawning pool assume they hid their baneling nest)
- swap factory with rax for instant techlab
- make tank + siege upgrade and park it at your entrance
Vs terran/protoss
(it is important to have a single scv patrol the area around your base in case of proxy gates, proxy pylons for warp-in or a proxy reaper allin)
- 18 rax
- techlab when rax finishes
- stim
- gas
- rax

Spunkify

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

07-28-2010

Just got wiped I dont build enough units continuously and cant macro them all up together.

Fantastic Colors

07-28-2010

Ask legendary Zileas

Lightstriker

Adjudicator

07-28-2010

Map 9 different units all over the map to ctrl + [1-9].

Play the game the way you normally do with your right hand, while constantly clicking random **** with your left.. Realize you have no ****ing idea what you're doing and will never understand unless you spend 6 months playing this game religiously. Go back to attack moving. Still beat most players using a zerg rush.

Spunkify

Adjudicator

07-28-2010

Game 2 terran vs zerg I was zerg:

Had a good sizable force went two base pretty quick had a good amount of muta and zerglings but couldn't bust his 4 bunker double turret entrance

I finally got some roaches busted the entrance only to be met by a ton of marines and what not. Wiped that force out. I tried doing a bombing run with banelings before that but the anti air just killed all 3 of my overlords before I got a chance.

He teched up into air and I just couldnt handle the force because of my loses.

Spunkify

Adjudicator

07-28-2010

Won my first game after watching a keybind vid. Protoss versus terran

He tried to reaper rush me but I already had 8 or so zealots and 8 stalkers out along with an immortal and a cpl cannons so I was ok.

In the end my worker count was 36 for 2 bases to his 15. He built a second base but never made workers.

I ended it with 2 collosi.

Ammerigo

07-28-2010

just keep on playing,macro micro and managing units ability will come with time and experience,as it did to me

Spunkify

Adjudicator

07-28-2010

Just won going PvP I rushed some dark templar and he didnt have stealth detection. Slowly understanding protoss.

Spunkify

Adjudicator

07-28-2010

Started my ranked matches using protoss. I think im too slow pulling out the air but I won 2 out of 2 so far both pvt.

My protoss army is made of zealots and stalkers 1 or 2 immortals 2 collosi a few sentries and about 4 void rays. I occasionally get dark templar if I face protoss or a light army.