Fiora Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wisebison

02-24-2012

I'm not happy with the change to Olaf's ultimate. Armor can easily be countered. Flat damage reduction is the true damage of the defensive aspect. Olaf was all about those flat stats. Also, you're obviously trying to force Olaf players into going for more AD heavy builds with the Q tweak and the removal of Stark's Fervor (which by the way, was the linchpin in my Olaf builds. I was able to get approx 75 Armor Pen +10% with only Starks, Runes, Masteries and the passive from him ult. Now I am forced to get multiple different items if I want the Pen, Lifesteal or Attack Speed.)

tl;dr I prefered the pre-Zeke's Herald Olaf so much more than what Riot is trying to make him now.... Bring back Stark's Fervor!

Redbutton

02-24-2012

TIL those sigils actually do something

Manslayer

02-24-2012

For anyone who says "Lux nerf" Just remember, awhile they buffed her CD to 9 seconds from 11, before that buff she was fine, so now it is 10 seconds. What is the big deal, she will just be the same, except your E will be on a lower CD if you use it as a slow.

Neo Lira

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2012

yeessss olaf buff tanks RIOT

Kitchoua Tembo

02-24-2012

I'm going to upvote the **** out of you Phreak

CLG Mars

02-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai16 View Post
olaf's buffs? i smell a legendary skin for olaf coming XD
never heard of brolaf?

Anyway, BUFF TWISTED FATES LEGENDARY SKIN ITS NOT WORTH 20$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make his cards glow or something....

Saiko

02-24-2012

I guess I'll never run out of mana now...

Abendschein

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2012

You guys need to release full patch notes sooner, and not so late?

Troan of Albion

02-24-2012

No Xin nerf? #Xinop

crzymdscntst

02-24-2012

I like the overall "small tweaks".

Though I do wish that Zigg's Minefield as his only dependable CC shouldn't have gotten the nerf to it's slow... or something in the direction of slow based on mines stepped on, where 1 chance mine wouldn't slow godly amounts, but stepping on all of them made you an easy target.

Olaf changes sound good for making him more game fluid and I expect to see him added to teams more often, but they might not be all that good. Lux changes are really... meh, not bad, they're good, but nothing "BIG".

With mana being added to the Sigils, I expect some champs to be added to the jungle regime, specifically champs who already found themselves just short on mana. With the mana added to the other buffs, the jungler can also now afford to give the golem to the AP carry. I feel this will be a heavy asset overall, but also fortifies the current Meta a bit more.

I do feel that getting a different end jungling item would greatly increase the regime a bit more, since Wriggle's makes it a very AD-heavy jungle meta. I do wish Heim had the potential to jungle, because as it stands he can clear it faster than many champs, but flumps on the ganks and mobility when switching from jungle to lane... this problem is very similar when he's switching lanes and he's too locked down to move without a bit of prep. Then you have champs like Morgana, who have strong CC coming from jungle and that leads into good ganks, but take the jungle a bit slower than they could.

I think what I'm getting at there is that I'd want to see an AP jungler other than Fiddle that is comparable to current mid-to-high-end junglers.