Should Smurfing Be Bannable?

Yes, they should be banned. 79 26.69%
No, they should not be banned. 217 73.31%
Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

Smurfing - Should it be bannable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PikaRioCed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2012

A lot of pro-players have four, five high-Elo ranked accounts (so much for Elo-hell), are you going to ban them too?

Smurfing isn't the problem, violating the code is. And that has and will always be reportable, so do your duty and leave the rest to the system. Obey. Obey. Conform. Conform. Trust. Trust.

Zakurai

02-25-2012

Getting pwned by smurfs specially in like a level 30 ranked is just saying you need to gt better lolol,

Doom Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2012

I've had many friends join and quit because they've played with me on my level 30 account and they just get steamrolled. I make new accounts to play with them, usually a support, and teach them how to play. Having them win a few games also boosts their enjoyment and then they aren't so eager to quit.

Bigger community = bigger and better things from Riot

Dean5280

05-03-2012

Every one who voted "no" is a Smurf.

Noshamwow

05-03-2012

I have a smurf account to test champs that I don't have on my main account.
I test them with a low account because I like to see how they do without (hardly) any masteries or runes.

Ceazy

05-03-2012

No, banning smurfs is a dumb idea.

However, you can still report those specific smurfs for harassment.

Moogra

05-03-2012

If you are on a smurf and play smurfs that are clearly smurfs, then you are on smurf elo and that is the reason why you have smurfs in your games. To avoid smurfs on a smurf, you have to lose a few games. The exception is if the opposing team smurfs just created the account and are playing their first 5 games.

Janus87

05-03-2012

I'm personally going to make a smurf account soon because I want to learn solo top, and I just can't do it currently. I'm level 28 with a little over 100 wins, and all of my friends are 30 with 500+ wins, so when I'm trying a new champ and lane, I get steamrolled. Queuing with them is just not fun unless I can play what I excel at, which is bot support/tank, and that's not at all like solo top. I can't really practice solo top in bot games either, because bots don't play the same as players and it would always be 1v2. no jungle, etc. I don't think I should be banned for that.

FatMii

05-03-2012

Why would you ban smurfs when smurfing is one of the ways to properly learn a new champ? Considering how rude and ignorant the LoL community is, playing on a smurf is the only way to learn a new champ because if you don't then you feed and get reported. Another thing is, I highly doubt the 700-800 players who are 2k elo would be that mean. What you are talking about in this post is more about harassment than smurfing. I will also guarantee most of the summoners you met who were being mean to you is probably low elo players who are just not good enough to vs people their own level.

DO NOT SAY THAT YOU CAN GO PLAY WITH BOTS!!! cause bots suck

Kr0ze

05-04-2012

I think most smurfs are probably more like average players pissed they can't rise in elo hell, doesnt take much to play an OP hero and stomp noobs.