[GUIDE] Vladimir's Skill Synergy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mogunz

Senior Member

07-28-2010

Though the runes are good, I don't think HP and AP runes scale with his passive, or atleast they don't anymore someone told me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quinnister

Senior Member

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogunz View Post
Though the runes are good, I don't think HP and AP runes scale with his passive, or atleast they don't anymore someone told me.
I'm pretty sure HP runes do. I know for a fact they increase his W, though. I'll double check when I get another Vlad game in.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quinnister

Senior Member

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montegomery View Post
You make some good points, but I can't help but feel these two bullets feed into each other in such a way as to nearly be circular.

Part of the issue is that you are examining Visage vs Guise on a single Transfusion. While this is a useful comparison, the scenario ignores the benefit Visage provides when chain casting (CDR) or the benefit Visage provides when casting once every so often (Health Regen). In both cases, the CDR and/or Health Regen make up the healing difference handily, especially at lower ranks of Transfusion.

This isn't to say that Haunting Guise is an inferior choice, but rather to point out that dinging Spirit Visage on its healing is somewhat off the mark.
I see your point. Like I said, I don't think it's a bad item. I just feel that Haunting Guise is the superior choice for the money. They both have their merits, but I'd rather be packing more HP than more regen, myself. Considering the CDR and HP regen, you probably will be healing more over time, but, given the damage differences and such, I'd still go with the Haunting Guise.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M4nTiCoR3

Senior Member

07-28-2010

Six item slots means you can have both guise and visage. I fully plan on exploring this combination should i ever save enough IP to do so. If this becomes an aurgement like the whole...

Nashor's--->Rageblade
or
Rageblade --->Nashor's

arguments for Kayle, id be just fine with that. Having some core items that are just too good to pass up, no matter what order you get them in, is a nice thing IMO. It's the other 3-4 items that make me scratch my head sometimes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quinnister

Senior Member

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap81 View Post
Six item slots means you can have both guise and visage. I fully plan on exploring this combination should i ever save enough IP to do so. If this becomes an aurgement like the whole...

Nashor's--->Rageblade
or
Rageblade --->Nashor's

arguments for Kayle, id be just fine with that. Having some core items that are just too good to pass up, no matter what order you get them in, is a nice thing IMO. It's the other 3-4 items that make me scratch my head sometimes.
I see Spirit Visage as a quality late game item, after Zhonya. If you don't expect the game to go on much past there and have the gold for it, it's a good pick. At that point, you're probably pulling heals of about 120-150. It's definitely permissible to shoot for 25-30 more HP per spell, the CDR, and the magic resist, rather than the 30 or so from straight AP with extra damage.

But early on? I can't see it. Even late game, it feels situational to me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Montegomery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanji Watsuki View Post
I see Spirit Visage as a quality late game item, after Zhonya. If you don't expect the game to go on much past there and have the gold for it, it's a good pick. At that point, you're probably pulling heals of about 120-150. It's definitely permissible to shoot for 25-30 more HP per spell, the CDR, and the magic resist, rather than the 30 or so from straight AP with extra damage.

But early on? I can't see it. Even late game, it feels situational to me.
120-150 heals after Zhonya's in your build? Are your enemies are stacking 200+ MR?

With your build, Transfusion's base damage before MR should be 443.5, and your healing% should be 105.625%.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quinnister

Senior Member

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montegomery View Post
120-150 heals after Zhonya's in your build? Are your enemies are stacking 200+ MR?

With your build, Transfusion's base damage before MR should be 443.5, and your healing% should be 105.625%.
Don't forget the bonus AP ratio on his healing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Montegomery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanji Watsuki View Post
Don't forget the bonus AP ratio on his healing.
After playing a practice game, I think the additional healing from AP is actually a flat value. That is, it heals for 25% of damage done + 1/4th of your AP. So:

At 100 AP your expected healing on a target without MR would be (250+60)*25% + 25, or 102.5 healing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gogoplata

Junior Member

07-28-2010

What Quintessence runes do you recommend?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quinnister

Senior Member

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogoplata View Post
What Quintessence runes do you recommend?
For Vladdy, I see flat HP as being great still. Move speed deserves an honorable mention.