[GUIDE] Vladimir's Skill Synergy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LaZyGolfer

07-28-2010

I currently go for these items which brought me a good K: D: A ratio:

- tome + pot (good to harrass with your Q ability)
- Soulstealer + boots (1150 gold)
- Hunting Guise
- Boots R2 (depending on setup, though I am a fan of mobility...depends what you like)
- Rylai's

after this its also dependant on what setup you have against your team....

but warmogs / zhonya's works for me... (or more armor / mr)

for summon spells def: ghost + ignite (my choice)

soulstealer is good cause in most games you will get your stacks..mostly I end with 10+

my pov

Manse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2010

That's why I suggested the frozen heart, the lesser evil if you're going to throw money at mana

Manse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2010

I think soul stealer is even more viable on vlad than most, even in low-stack games due to his passive. its worth the cash even with only 6 or so stacks.

Quinnister

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherewolf View Post
I think soul stealer is even more viable on vlad than most, even in low-stack games due to his passive. its worth the cash even with only 6 or so stacks.
Yep. I added this as an alternate item in my guide if you can maintain 6-7 stacks.

Celerity

07-28-2010

Regarding where you say CDR is not that great because of the health cost of his E, I don't think that's relevant. Vlad's role in lategame is to be a walking bomb, and the faster he can spam E, the better, even if it ends up killing him. Being able to do your damage in half the amount of time is quite powerful, not to mention making the cooldown on your W suitable for spammage to make up for the health lost by E.

M4nTiCoR3

07-28-2010

My hypothetical build for now as i continue to acumulate to 6300 ip goes something like this...

Spirit Visage (CDR, and healing buff)
Sorc Boots (MP)
Haughting guise (HP, AP, MP)
Hex tech revolver (AP, Spell Vamp)

After that i'm torn...

IS hex tech revolver really the only item that provides spell vamp now? (other than the upgrade)

L0rdEnglish

07-28-2010

is leviathan viable on vlad?

Geno1337

07-28-2010

Guise is a MUST on this char IMO. I think starting with the tomb of the Ruby Crystal are the best choices rushing the guise. Once you get guise and boots you will be dominating your lane.

Manse

07-28-2010

Leviathan is doable, but I'm paranoid about doubt stacks outside of smurf play. Keeping a soulstealer, even with only 4-6 stacks doesn't Gimp you too bad. but locking up two item slots that may not do much for you seems risky. You would only get 1.5 ap per stack of health.

Though, getting a kill with both would get you, total, 98 HP and 18 ap. Could be useful...

Montegomery

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanji Watsuki View Post
1. Why do you not have any CDR?
Here is my main issue with CDR. Do remember that his E is a primary source of damage and will cost a whopping 300 health. Although his short CDs seem to make CDR a smart choice, this also increases the amount of health he will be expending on his spells.

On the other hand, increasing AP will increase his amount of damage dealt, thereby increasing his amount healed. In my opinion, this will be more sustainable in a team fight. I will admit, CDR is a powerful way to increase his damage, but it's also a way to blow more HP in a fight. It may be efficient, however, so I will look more into. Right now, however, I feel AP is a safer route because, not only is it giving you more HP with every point, but it is also a surefire way to both increase your DPS and healing.

2. Why do you not use Spirit Visage? It's perfect for Vladimir!
Personally, I am not a fan of Spirit Visage, despite how logical the item may seem on him. Consider this -- compare Visage to the Haunting Guise item choice I have chosen. Against an enemy with 50 MR, using magic penetration runes, a Vladimir will have 20 more magic penetration and 33 more AP. With Visage, he will simply have 20% more healing. The Visage by itself would do 178 damage and heal for 53.5. The Haunting Guise build will deal 226 and heal for 63 HP. Also recall, the Haunting Guise build is similarly tanky due to his passive and may even have a greater EHP, depending on the situation.
You make some good points, but I can't help but feel these two bullets feed into each other in such a way as to nearly be circular.

Part of the issue is that you are examining Visage vs Guise on a single Transfusion. While this is a useful comparison, the scenario ignores the benefit Visage provides when chain casting (CDR) or the benefit Visage provides when casting once every so often (Health Regen). In both cases, the CDR and/or Health Regen make up the healing difference handily, especially at lower ranks of Transfusion.

This isn't to say that Haunting Guise is an inferior choice, but rather to point out that dinging Spirit Visage on its healing is somewhat off the mark.