Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[GUIDE] Vladimir's Skill Synergy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FuzzeWuzze

Recruiter

07-28-2010

Quote:
Sanji Watsuki:
Mitigation is a logical choice for Vladimir, however, I'm not entirely solid. First off, buying mitigation simultaneously means you're not spending money on getting more damage (which will also give more eHP by virtue of gaining more HP). Second, your build costs a significantly greater amount of gold, which means it cannot be compared at face value. Please check out the FAQs section in my guide for whether or not I believe CDR is worth it.

I only take issue with Soul Visage and Abyssal Scepter in this build. Abyssal because Visage will grant the same amount of magic penetration for far less cost and because it is not that efficient of an item. It, however, can be efficient under the right circumstances -- just watch the enemy MRs. As for Soul Visage, see the FAQs section of my guide.

Wait what? Your seriously making me reconsider your knowledge...
Take cleanse because they are going to ignite you? Cleanse doesnt remove ignite anymore.

And SPIRIT(not Soul) visage has nothing to do with Magic Pen i dont understand why you are comparing it to a Scepter. Spirit visage is 100% built as an early game Vlad item, there is not 1 stat on there that is not useful.

Quinnister

Recruiter

07-28-2010

Quote:
Mapekz:
No, you won't, because Season 1 Cleanse only works on disables, not DoTs/debuffs like Ignite and Children of the Grave. :P

Wow. Sorry, only a few hours of sleep and my mind is hopped up on caffeine. Trying to improve the guide, failing horribly. XD

Alright, thanks for the heads up.

Quinnister

Recruiter

07-28-2010

Quote:
FuzzeWuzze:
Wait what? Your seriously making me reconsider your knowledge...
Take cleanse because they are going to ignite you? Cleanse doesnt remove ignite anymore.

And SPIRIT(not Soul) visage has nothing to do with Magic Pen i dont understand why you are comparing it to a Scepter. Spirit visage is 100% built as an early game Vlad item, there is not 1 stat on there that is not useful.

Sorry about the Cleanse bit, my mind skipped for a second and flipped back into pre-Season 1.

Spirit, Soul, once again you'll have to forgive my lack of sleep right now, hah. I was comparing against Haunting Guise, a similarly priced item, in my guide. It is also an early game item. I'm just showing how it helps deal more damage as well as heals more than Soul Visage. Although Visage also scales with healing later into the game, magic penetration also scales with your damage later in the game, maintaining this balance. Both of them have every single stat as useful.

Quinnister

Recruiter

07-28-2010

Quote:
Prail:
He seems underwhelming.

A lot of champions seem underwhelming. I don't claim Vladimir as being the best. I LOVE his skills concept and how it all interacts, especially with the costs. I feel he is a brilliant champion by Riot, but not an overpowered one who will compete with Annie for best caster. I don't find him useless, though.

FuzzeWuzze

Recruiter

07-28-2010

The problem i have with Haunting Guise is you really dont get that much for turning it into a Guise. Back when it had spell Vamp it was way more worth it..

From its base items you gain
5ap, 20 life, 20 spell pen

From the base items to a visage you gain
12% Cooldowns
10 HP/5 (explained below)
Healing AND Regeneration + 20% (so the 8 above is really 10)
9MR

AND Spirit Visage is 120g cheaper, which can be alot in early game.

A Haunting guise maybe a statistically better item, but for your money you get more with a Spirit Visage. Spending the 462 gold to upgrade to a Visage just doesnt give you much early game IMO...but ill give it a try...

Senior Recruiter

07-28-2010

for cooldown reduction, any other items aside from spirit visage? omen seems like it would be useful, nice health regen, moderate health boost and armor boost. The passive wont be as useful since you dont stack armor and risists too much but it could be used directly after sanguine pool to give them another couple seconds of slowing.

Quinnister

Recruiter

07-28-2010

Quote:
Unregistered:
for cooldown reduction, any other items aside from spirit visage? omen seems like it would be useful, nice health regen, moderate health boost and armor boost. The passive wont be as useful since you dont stack armor and risists too much but it could be used directly after sanguine pool to give them another couple seconds of slowing.

Sadly, Randuin's is the only other CDR item which doesn't include some kind of mana. Against a physical heavy team, I'd use it.

shubomber

07-28-2010

Can't think of any CDR items other than Spirit Visage (since all the other ones give you tons of wasted MP5), but if you want a defensive item, FoN looks like a great choice since it allows you to spam your skills more.

Senior Recruiter

07-28-2010

so right now a build i would be thinking about would be:
hunting guise
boots (scorcerers by default but situation dependant)
Rylai's
Spirit Visage
Zahonyas
then i would go either Omen if they are melee heavy, and for more CDR, or abyssal scepter if they are magic heave (AP for damage and more health, MR for defense vrs casters and 20 more magic pen, that's 68 magic pen if you have sorc boots, hunting guise, scepter and red magic pen runes).

Mapekz

07-28-2010

Quote:
Sanji Watsuki:
Sorry about the Cleanse bit, my mind skipped for a second and flipped back into pre-Season 1.

Spirit, Soul, once again you'll have to forgive my lack of sleep right now, hah. I was comparing against Haunting Guise, a similarly priced item, in my guide. It is also an early game item. I'm just showing how it helps deal more damage as well as heals more than Soul Visage. Although Visage also scales with healing later into the game, magic penetration also scales with your damage later in the game, maintaining this balance. Both of them have every single stat as useful.

Agreed yet again. Spirit Visage is an amazing item, but only if you have the damage (and in turn healing) to noticeably increase the healing received from abilities.

Let's assume a level 5 Vlad with Transfusion 3 (160 + 60% of your AP in damage). We are only going to compare the damage and healing of this ability with either of the two items:

HG = +200 HP (200/22 = +9 AP), +25 AP (25*2.5 = +63 HP), +20 MP
= 263 HP, 34 AP, 20 MP

Spirit Visage = 20% bonus healing

Transfusion w/ HG = 160 + 20.4 ~= 180 damage before MR, healing for 45.
Transfusion w/ SV = 160 damage before MR, healing for 48 (160*.25*1.2) health.

You do 20 less damage and gain 3 more health per cast assuming the enemy has no resistances. Throw in some MR and HG's MP and you will definitely heal more with the HG than with the SV. You do lose regen and MR, meaning you rely more heavily on lifestealing for survival early on, but the damage is too important this early on.