[GUIDE] Vladimir's Skill Synergy

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quinnister

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGoLoW View Post
I played him as a caster/Tank Role.

specialized on Health Regen and CD with a touch of AP

Started with Warmogs (yeah Warmogs expensive like hell ) but when Farmed provides you with lots of HP and regen

next up boots and Soulstealer (boots depending on the Team)

--> Force of Nature
-->Randuims Omen
-->Spirit visage

Masterys 9/21/0
Runes
Red--> Magic Pen
the rest AP/lvl

all in all you got a crazy amount of Health and AP
you can hit the 27%CD mark easy

here a Screenshot and a link to my idea

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Vladi...fbdd1a7af74a13
Here is my issue with the build. First off, you're assuming maximum Soulstealer stacks. This is a very difficult assumption for me to make. Although, Soulstealer is a very efficient item which I will add to my guide as a replacement suggestion tot he guied, I will not use it in my main build, simply because I cannot assume you will have a large amount of stacks.

Second, do realize you're spending 3k more gold on this build than mine. By principle, I don't show any core build with a cost greater than 10k, because you will often not get that much gold in a game unless you're stomping.

I appreciate your comments, though.

FuzzeWuzze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-28-2010

I personally do this

Rejuv Bead + 3 Health Pots, cheap and its more than enough healing to keep you laned.
Stay in lane until you can afford a Spirate Visage + Boots of speed
Rylai's
Randuins Omen

Throw in finishing boots somewhere depending on how badly you need them of course.

I just cant help but feel like im not doing enough damage though later game, just having issues getting high AP and survivability...a lot of people target the new guy just because he is always considered OP so i always have to stack more hp and lose out on AP. 25HP:1AP doesnt give you much AP. They really need to scale that back down ...

IMHO the only thing the OP is missing is an early game Spirit Visage, Regen, Cooldowns, MR, and extra healing from life drains...whats not to like?

Quinnister

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun fu panda View Post
My theoretical vlad build would be:

Rylai's/Randuin's/Zhonya's/Abyssal/Merc Treads/Spirit VIsage (not in that order).

Gets him mitigation to reduce his squishiness, as well as solid AP/HP to take advantage of his passive, as well as good CDR (about 36% with runes/masteries). I want to get him, just not enough IP and I can't justify dropping cash for the RP for him right now
Mitigation is a logical choice for Vladimir, however, I'm not entirely solid. First off, buying mitigation simultaneously means you're not spending money on getting more damage (which will also give more eHP by virtue of gaining more HP). Second, your build costs a significantly greater amount of gold, which means it cannot be compared at face value. Please check out the FAQs section in my guide for whether or not I believe CDR is worth it.

I only take issue with Soul Visage and Abyssal Scepter in this build. Abyssal because Visage will grant the same amount of magic penetration for far less cost and because it is not that efficient of an item. It, however, can be efficient under the right circumstances -- just watch the enemy MRs. As for Soul Visage, see the FAQs section of my guide.

Quinnister

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoywolf View Post
I feel that the Spirit Visage is useful, but I dont feel you need to overload on RoAs...

To the OP how do you deal with Ignite, within this patch set Ignite is increasing populate you obviously can't be spamming your spells because they are not being refunded well. Do you have to just play around it?
Very good question.

First off, I have found that people are not hitting Vladimir with Ignite much -- right now. It does seem illogical to target the guy with 3k+ HP with your Ignite. If they do Ignite focus you, you should probably tone down your E usage to a few stacks, rather than four, until it wears off.

Quinnister

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherewolf View Post
I don't know how I feel about haunting guise. Almost all cdr is attached to mana or attack speed, neither is which are useful to vlad. Frozen heart might be good, matching well with the pool. Still a lot of wasted mana though, but a lot of armor is nice.

I'll be trying some extra tank tonight. Soul stealer for ap, then visage, boots, force of nature, rylai's, frozen heart.
Do the math on Haunting Guise. It's more efficient than Void Staff for damage if, given magic penetration marks and such, the average enemy has less than ~60 MR, I believe. If the average enemy breaks that barrier, I will suggest getting Void Staff. However, do note that Magic Penetration is amazingly cost efficient.

Quinnister

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symmon View Post
Vlad is one of the few heroes that synergies well with two snowball items at the same time.
Mejars and Leviathan.... Just concentrate on not dieing and getting assists and you will get powerful with just these two items...
I don't like using snowball items in general guides for people. It's highly misleading in Leaguecraft, for one reason, and I don't try to assume the skill of any player. I will show them as alternative items, however.

Quinnister

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemwiz View Post
I could be wrong, but I thought Sanguine Pool was 20% of current health, not 15.
You may be right. I very well could be using the Test Realm cost of this skill in my guide. Once I verify this, I will correct it.

GiGoLoW

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanji Watsuki View Post
Here is my issue with the build. First off, you're assuming maximum Soulstealer stacks. This is a very difficult assumption for me to make. Although, Soulstealer is a very efficient item which I will add to my guide as a replacement suggestion tot he guied, I will not use it in my main build, simply because I cannot assume you will have a large amount of stacks.

Second, do realize you're spending 3k more gold on this build than mine. By principle, I don't show any core build with a cost greater than 10k, because you will often not get that much gold in a game unless you're stomping.

I appreciate your comments, though.
To fill the Stacks of the Soulstealer is not that hard as it seems, cause when you play with a team and a little smart you wont die.

Sure the 12k Gold are much but you can afford this, because you can farm very well. hit the E and W and make Profit.

its not necessary to get all of the items, if they go heavy Melee purchase Randuims Omen if they go casting get the Force of nature.

Ill Try to go as a Tank because his dmg isnt that great to be a real caster.

Mapekz

07-28-2010

Quote:
I will suggest taking cleanse now, because Ignite can really put a damper on your plans. Thank you.
No, you won't, because Season 1 Cleanse only works on CC/blinds/silences, not DoTs/debuffs like Ignite and Children of the Grave. :P

Quote:
You may be right. I very well could be using the Test Realm cost of this skill in my guide. Once I verify this, I will correct it.
0 for Q, 20% for W, ~40 to ~70 for E, and 15% for R.

Quote:
Do the math on Haunting Guise. It's more efficient than Void Staff for damage if, given magic penetration marks and such, the average enemy has less than ~60 MR, I believe. If the average enemy breaks that barrier, I will suggest getting Void Staff. However, do note that Magic Penetration is amazingly cost efficient.
Agreed. HP, AP, MP. It's literally made for Vladimir, even though the hero wasn't even designed by the time that item made it into the game...or was he?

Quinnister

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickTroller View Post
Except for Doran's Shield, that's how I build him.
And this guy claimed my build sucked, lol.
That guy doesn't understand how effective the penetration of Guise is, or the sweet spot of Zhonya's.

1234567 ... 8