Twisted Fate now

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bongotunadreg

10-19-2009

The only thing that makes him underpowered is his PaC skill taking too long to get a gold sometimes. If it was set to a consistent predictable cycle he would be perfect. But as it is you hit W and it starts on Red or Gold sometimes making it hard to time it.

Lollerman

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongotunadreg View Post
If it was set to a consistent predictable cycle he would be perfect. .
It is.

yoshanity

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollerman View Post
It is.
I think his observation is that the starting card is inconsistent not the actual rotation of the cards.

Bongotunadreg

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshanity View Post
I think his observation is that the starting card is inconsistent not the actual rotation of the cards.
Exactly. I understand it's a predictable cycle, the problem is that it doesn't always start on Blue.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2009

True. I notice that every now and then it starts on red as well, which means I have to have the camera on him in order to use the skill. (It also mean that my crappy laptop with low FPS simply doesn't work with him T-T)

I thought it was supposed to always start on blue though, since it does that on a disproportionate amount of times. Maybe it's just some kind of lag effect when it doesn't?

Kimmy Gibler

10-19-2009

I love TF, I usually go Triforce, Beserker's Boots, Wit's End, Infinity Edge. Double proc from Triforce on PAC is useful.

feardragon

10-19-2009

Pick a card basically starts where it left off from the last card you picked. Pretty simple.

It is really easy to get gold cards. I have about 40ms to 60ms of lag and I manage to get them about 90% of the time. When I miss, it's usually because I'm being kinda frantic because there's 5 people chasing me. >>

I usually go AP cardmaster but I'm starting to realize he's becoming more and more useless. Infinite blue card was nice for taking down towers without losing all your friggin mana. Now it's pretty much gold card or bust. Maybe I've just had bad luck lately(in the past 4 games I've played, I've had 5 leavers on my team), maybe I'm not used to playing without my runes and masteries, maybe I'm just playing worse since the last patch(pre-patch I was either carrying my team or one of the major players on my team), or maybe I'm just pissed off about Heim's frigging turrets stopping my pushes because my wild cards do absolute **** damage to his turrets because of MR.

Whatever the case, I'm under the opinion that

Also I see a TF once every 15 games. I've played maybe 150 games? Of those approx 10 TF's, only 1 of them impressed me and 1 of them just played well. But this includes the time when you could double gold card. I'm not trying to brag about myself because I know I'm not the best player, but people usually complement me on my TF so I know I'm not a bad one. The fact is TF is easily replaced with better characters as a teammate. He's cool, gate is still awesome, and he still has an awesome low-cooldown stun, but he just can't hold his own against good players ONCE he gates there. He's too dependent on other people.

Bongotunadreg

10-19-2009

I've played TF 60+ times, and I can say for certain that it SOMETIMES starts where it left off....

I can't tell you how many times I've gotten gold card consistently (which means it should then start on blue if you PICKED gold....) and had my next PaC be a Red card, or even the gold card for the .1 of a second.

This is of course open to interpretation since it's a poorly designed mechanic. I can see where some would think that it continues the cycle (I've even thought this, and noticed this, but. not. every. time.) but it just isn't consistent at all.

You've only seen one TF that played well? Really? I can think of at least 5 occasions and people I frequently play with that are/were very good TF players. (*edit* yeah that isn't very many but he's just not very popular)

When you Pick a gold and THEN gate, that has to be one of the best initiators in the game. Especially if you ult, get there in 1.5 seconds, (with sight on the whole enemy team so you know if someone truly is alone) and stun them. I've gotten dozens of kills alone with that tactic, and even more assists.

I don't know where I'm going with this I guess I'm just defending my favorite champion.