Lux, and discussing the different ways to play her.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onyx of Darkness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2012

So I was teamed with some mates last night, and we had plenty of AD, so I thought, I haven't played Lux in ages, so I'll give her a shot. Now, apparently I play Lux a little differently to everyone else, as I take CD ahead of straight AP or Tanky AP.

So I got flamed by the other team, saying that I was ''Disrespecting my champ'' by not taking Deathcap. Now, I do not care about the flaming, we won that game, my score was very good, and I was hitting 26 second lasers, and Slows and Bindings left right and center. Has anyone had success with a 'Nuke' build on Lux? Or even an AP Tank build, I'm just curious to see the different ways that other people play her with success.

On a slightly different note, the quality of life buffs that she received not that long ago have done her the world of good, and I feel that she is in a very good place, nicely balanced, and still hard to pin down and kill when played right. I'd like to also see what people think about her viability in Ranked, and where she would fit in a team composition, and what people think her role should be. I don't want any flaming, just good hearty discussion on our Human Laser Machine.

Varsuuvius

02-23-2012

I do build towards the Nuke AP Build with Lux. It works out very well because you can hit a team very hard with lasers and make some saving shots if you aim it right from almost max distance. My personal build rushes the AP part first but in the end I also have max CD on my spells so it is possible to get the best of both worlds. If you build AP and do good enough, keeping blue buff on during most of the game also makes her a much deadlier threat as the constant mana regen means she can throw out spells without having to worry about running out of mana in the middle of a fight or beforehand.

LT Orange Juice

02-23-2012

I go For a combo with a evil tomb and try to contol blue then I go roa and deathcap

Lux Deluxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2012

Generally I think nuke is best on her. Even if you're building straight glass cannon AP on her you can still easily get 40% CDR (blue buff, blue pot, morello's evil tome, runes, masteries, etc...) CDR is pretty easy to come across. Sorc's boots + Deathcap is a must on her IMO.

Onyx of Darkness

02-23-2012

I do obviously get some AP, I just prefer to get CD first, and a Lich Bane for the extra mobility. I normally get Ionian Boots, Morello's and Rylai's, generally offering our Blue to the other AP champ. Not saying that I do this every game though, if they are squishy, then Deathcap and Void Staff are a a must, but in my experiences of late, where teams have been a lot tankier, Nuking just doesn't seem as effective. Hence the more support based CD Rylai's build

CptButtStallion

02-23-2012

I play lux full AP.
My role does depend on the game. I play her or support, cc hard and if I play her mid/ killer bot go for combo`s and kills.

I have had alot of good games with lux, 18-0 as killer bot and 2-0-29 as support lux. (Feels like bragging eugh)

I get doran ring, Ionian boots, lucky pick, deathcap, lich bane. If the game gets very long I mostly get morello`s deathtomb, void staff and deathgrasp (eventhough I always fail in remembering I have that active)

Hawaii4life

02-23-2012

I play solid AP on lux. Glass cannon that the other team fears.

Dorans > Kage > Boots 1 > Mejai > Sorc boots > Deathcap, end of game, but if it continues, grab a Rylais and work on Morellos for CD reduction.

If you are less than 6 stacks on mejais for any length of time sell it and replace with the morellos early game.

A Nearby Shrub

02-23-2012

I dont bother with CD reduction on lux, i go pure Ap and magic pen,

Boots+potions > Magic pen boot > Deathcap > litchbane > void staff > Hourglass, then i fill the last slot depending on whats going on at the time. it usually dosent come to that because at this point your ult is doing 700 or 800 dmg and you are bypassing most magic resist so you just melt anyone if you chain your stuff right

Dark Ajax

02-23-2012

I used to go with CD reduction on Lux for a fairly long length of time. It worked pretty well but with a move towards more AP (lichbane included) is proving to be very very interesting indeed. The extra mobility definitely outweighs the wee tankiness and as people here have mentioned, the CD reduction comes around by its own.

Twyndyllyng

02-24-2012

I just picked Lux up over the weekend and love getting a giant laser beam on a 24 second cooldown. I've been going Boots 1 > Morello's Tome > Sorc shoes > Rabadons > Lich Bane with good results so far. I DO run into mana issues if I don't get blue buff/don't recall often, but I still have some rune/mastery issues to hammer out which will definitely help. On a side note, what skill order do you guys usually take? I've been taking binding level 1, Singularity at 2 and 3, and grabbing shield at 4. I max singularity first, then binding, while taking ult as available. This has the disadvantage of making singularity's mana cost skyrocket though.