orianna good support in ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hellzwrath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2012

tell me your opinions about orianna and if she is good in ranked. im around 1320 elo. im just trying to decide if i should buy her or not

YaBoiobZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2012

I use her and I Mid. I Build her for strong AP output. She plays a support role but in a different way than others. I would not use her in Bot lane as a support. I've tried that and it doesn't work too great. But late game when she is lv 18, no matter what build you have on her she acts as a natural support. Since she is so squishy you don't go in the actual battles you use a partner as a host. And you preform all of your moves off of that host. She also serves a great purpose in saving many lives. When a teammate is getting chased just throw your shield on her and use her W to speed them out. Shes extremely fun but I wouldn't recommend using her as a Bot lane support. Hope this helped a little.

hellzwrath

02-23-2012

yea so try her mid hmm that is where i normally lane is she enuf dmg for ap carry tho

YaBoiobZ

02-23-2012

I don't think so. She has great CC which iswhere she shines the most. She is great for preventing escapes. For example here is a farily common combo that I use when somebody is trying to run from our team. Use E to sheild the fastest teamate on ur team then his W to speed him up and when he gets in range of the enemy, use ur ult to fling enemy back into ur teamates with shockwave. Like I said I consider her to be a host champ. She cant really go into a team fight and clean up multiple kills... Unless your really fed lol

Davorir Et Tuanu

02-24-2012

I've tried her as a support a few times, and it didn't work out for me. Even if you level her E first I find it still doesn't do enough to protect the carry. She doesn't have quite enough range to add additional harass without taking damage herself either. In terms of team work, yes she is an awesome supporter. I save as many lives as I take it seems. She is an underrated mid in my opinion. If you play her smartly you can come out of lane against anyone without dying and still getting a ton of farm. She doesn't snowball as hard as other champs, but she doesn't flop either. Don't expect to single handedly carry games, you need a strong damage dealing team to finish your kills for the most part. So, she's VERY fun to play, but I don't think she's going to get me out of low ELO.

Hyosun

02-24-2012

A support without sustain has got to have other benefits to make up for it. So what does she have that would help an ad carry in the bottom lane?

Her zoning and movespeed buff/debuff qualities make her like Zilean.
Her shield and ability to peel makes her similar to Janna.

However, Zilean's kit is a bit better esp when you consider the ult.
When you compare her to Janna you see that Janna's shield is better and Janna can keep the carry much safer with 3 crowd control abilities.

Not saying it couldn't work but she's an inferior choice.

IlIlIIIlllIIIIll

02-24-2012

Remember that the ball grants vision so it is like heimer support with ha ing free wards.
That said I believe there are better options.

Dang3rRoss

02-24-2012

i build her ap for mid. she doesnt make a good support because of her small shield and lack of sustain for the carry. She essentially fills a small support role later by providing the movement speed buff, shield, and her ult. These scale with ap though, and when support is played, you dont really get enough gold to provide strong shields or damage

Haen

02-25-2012

Ori is best played as an AP carry, however for the sake of playing her as a support, I would rather play Janna

Q: Not very useful without AP. Janna's is a knockup that can't be mitigated with tenacity.
W: zoning tool that can be used to slow/help you chase. Janna gives a natural movement speed buff with her passive to outrun the enemy plus can slow with her W.
E: Shield, Janna's also gives AD and has a better ratio (not that ratios are a huge deal on support, but better is still better). On top of being able to be cast on turrets and no travel time for those emergency saves.
R: Ori's ult is disrupting, but relies on very well placed Q ability. Janna's ult can also disrupt the enemy team and is a fantastic disengage on top of a heal if necessary.

Basically Janna just outshines Ori in every aspect of support.

Iliketurtle

02-25-2012

Orianna can be a great support for sure, and Janna is one of the best to she can blow ppl away