When to use caitlyn ult

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

player4000

02-23-2012

Caitlyn's ult is mostly used to snipe someone when they have low hp.
Why not use caits ult for harrass?
1. Your lane opponent doesnt have alot of armor early game
2. low cooldown
3. alot of damage when u have dorans and wriggles.

MoneyJr

02-23-2012

4. Whenever it secures a kill

corallein

02-23-2012

It does get used for harass sometimes.

Butterednuts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2012

I mean I guess you could use it to knock someone out of the lane or to initiate a fight, but I feel like because of it's really long range, it's a lot better if used as an execute because once they get that far away, almost nothing will be able to hurt them.

That's kinda what caitlyn is about. Killing people from far, far away.

Puck912

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2012

Ive seen a lot the professional elo cait players use it for harass. It really depends on the situation tho. If u have an open kill, totally go for it. Cait's ult is blocked al the time tho, usually by a tanky person who takes little dmg by it. So I try to use it where itll hurt. Hit one of their squishies with it and initiate right after, not giving them time to heal up.

TerraEarth

02-23-2012

it cost quite a bit of mana to harass but if u have soraka support feel free.

Quick Rawr

02-24-2012

If Cait is bot lane, there's a support to negate that minute amount of harass early game. If she's top lane, I have a sustain champ and can heal it up. If she's mid, she'll be sitting still for a few seconds and be susceptible to a gank. If she's jungling... well.... she doesn't know how to play.

I don't see a good reason to have it used for harass or initiate unless the team fight is inevitable. But it would be easily blocked in a teamfight initiate by the tank and for harass it's too easily healed up. I see it as a long distance assassinate only.

Shiikan

02-24-2012

Quick Rawr knows what he's talking about
</thread>

DMDodged

02-24-2012

If they don't have good sustain and they are getting a little low, I'll use it to drive the person out of the lane so I get a little extra xp and uncontested creep kills. That's only if I'm sure I can't get em low enough for the kill fairly quickly though. Most instances, it's for the killshot.

Dang3rRoss

02-24-2012

biggest problem i think is cooldown. If you use it to harrass, you possibly lose a chance later to get a kill. Thats my only issue with it