Late Game Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rovert

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-27-2010

My squad and I have always done well in the early game, usually out-killing the opponents maybe 10-4 kills, or somewhere around there. Though, we will never be able to push a lane hard enough to change the game state. We will usually win early team fights. But as the time progresses, we lose most of our team battles, and eventually the opponents will overrun us and kill our base. I was wondering if we could get any help with this. Is it because the enemy team will stack items against us or do we just play early game characters?

IceDive

07-28-2010

That's hard to teel without further information. What champions do you guys play? Do you feel you are coordinated in team-battles? Etctera...

Xagonix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2010

I've come to realize that killing the enemy team does not always mean winning the game.

In my experience, I've seen that a lot of my teammates just try to gank/kill other teammates and that becomes the FOCUS of the match.

Although killing your enemies is an important part of the match, the MOST important (believe it or not) is pushing a lane. Just having a lane of super minions can do so much for you in a match.

I remember there was this one match where were were getting destroyed champion vs champion but we still managed to win because the other team never bothered to push lanes; therefore, they got overrun by hoards of super minions.

Besides the factor of pushing lanes, the late game needs stronger strategy than that of the early game. Some things you might want to discuss with your squad:

- item builds to help with the team or with building a particular champion for certain roles
- the time to gank or push
- changing playstyles over time to adjust for enemy champions
- strategies to work as a team during the mid-game

Temlam

07-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagonix View Post
I've come to realize that killing the enemy team does not always mean winning the game.

In my experience, I've seen that a lot of my teammates just try to gank/kill other teammates and that becomes the FOCUS of the match.

Although killing your enemies is an important part of the match, the MOST important (believe it or not) is pushing a lane. Just having a lane of super minions can do so much for you in a match.

I remember there was this one match where were were getting destroyed champion vs champion but we still managed to win because the other team never bothered to push lanes; therefore, they got overrun by hoards of super minions.

Besides the factor of pushing lanes, the late game needs stronger strategy than that of the early game. Some things you might want to discuss with your squad:

- item builds to help with the team or with building a particular champion for certain roles
- the time to gank or push
- changing playstyles over time to adjust for enemy champions
- strategies to work as a team during the mid-game
i played a game like that yesterday too, they trapped us into a team battle we knew was a trap but felt we could win anyway, turns out we went 3 deaths to 2 kills but during the fight 2 of their inhibs got destroyed by just minions. We won simply because they screwed themselves with bad end game playing.

Shadowatom

07-28-2010

remember around the 20-25min mark you should start to push lanes however it wont really matter if your opponents arent pushing at all as long as you take out probably 2 inhibitors minimum you should be able to win.

McRofls

07-28-2010

1. Play champs with better pushing capabilities
2. Long games are decided by which team gets full guardian angels first.