A letter to myself, how to carry as ezreal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nicks Heinie

02-05-2013

I don't play very often so I have to constantly remind myself not to play overly aggressive as an adc. This is a huge mistake I often make and one that I see a lot.

I tried to write down a couple mistakes and tips that I'd like to share with you. Please comment, upvote, downvote, do your thing. I'm by no means anywhere good but I thought that these tips really helped me improve in ranked.

Silver and below
How to win as Ezreal

1. Steal kills // you can't trust your team not to dive, you can trust yourself not to dive. keep the gold yourself and keep the dps throughout the team fight, compared to the fed idiot that dies

2. Get IE over BT // sure more dmg and life steal but unless you only die 1-2 a game, its a safe bet to get IE

3. Two or more tanky champs (mundo, singed, garen, leona, shen) need a LW

4. Don't upset your support

5. If your support starts *****in and complanin then mute him and don't talk back

6. If your support doesn't ward, you buy wards. I tend to wait to see at the beginning of the game whether or not its another dorans support

7. Farm, if your support tries to charge or dive them, just watch it happen, throw in a couple pews, but don't use your e to get a kill unless its the last hit and you just need that little extra bit to tower dive.

8. Don't tower dive if you don't have flash. // life continues, just farm

9. Farm

10. Often the enemy team will try to group up and push mid
i) If your team can 4v5, then push another lane // if you gain an advantage by pressuring another lane.
ii) if your team can't 4v5, go help

11. If your team tries to dive them in their jungle, don't go. //**** that
12. If your team decides that they want to 2v4 // don't go
13. If your team decides they want to 3v5 // don't go

14. This is a really hard one. If you're winning the lane, you've harassed a ton, you've got huge lane control and you've pushed all the way to their turret. check that you have wards. if you don't, go buy some wards. if you do then play safe. keep farming, do not tower dive. if they're low health you can just shoot a shot at them and they'll be forced to back and lose the creeps. just play safe, they'll make a mistake by staying and you can easily follow up on that. just don't tower dive in a rage or uncontrollably. this is one of the hardest to do.

15. Say you get in a 2v2 with your bot support, unless the ADC is no where to be found or it would risk you diving past the support to get to him, focus the adc. the support rarely does damage and relies on the adc to deal the damage so if you hit their adc, they'll either back off, change focus to you or chase your support. the worst they can do is change focus to you. in that situation you always have your arcane shift to bounce away which leads to the most important tip to learning ezreal:

16. MOST IMPORTANT: Don't use your arcane shift offensively unless its literally your last step to killing the person. So how to shoot is you walk up to the person, right click, then watch you shoot him. if he runs. DONT E AFTER HIM, i repeat. you can run just as fast, just chase him down. save your arcane shift for when you need to escape or position yourself for the blowing hit.

17. The following tips are more for ranked games in general. If you wreck **** your last game you may get cocky and play too aggressive your next game, likewise if you lose your last game, you may be on "tilt" and play a bad next game as well. Just make sure that you reset your mindset. THings that can help are analyzing each champ on your team and the enemy team before the game starts

18. When your attacking someone and someone else is hitting you, run back to somewhere safe, then proceed to kite.

Please comment below. Anything constructive would be very much appreciated.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Objections to couple of them.

#2 That depends on how the lane goes. If you are winning hard as Ezreal, both IE and BT are fine due to the fact that you will be getting AS from your passive, compare to other AD carry such as Vayne who doesn't have any AS from skills.

#3 The champion isn't as much of a problem as their build. If they have no armor and went with HP build, you don't need armor pen, just get more damage (like IE or BT)

#7,8 Depends on the support and the enemies. Tower dive is fine, you are the reason why support players don't get any credit because you don't know when to dive.

#14 No.

#15. For example, Support tends to be the one poking the enemy in the lane, rather than the AD carry. Squishy support such as Sona is really vulnerable to the enemy and you should take advantage of that. On the other hand, if the support is tanky support such as Taric, then you must give up on killing the support and turn on the AD carry.

#18 is also misleading. The time that you are running should be kiting, not just pure running.

Nicks Heinie

02-05-2013

Fair points on all.

But 14?!

iDpark

02-05-2013

so easy to dive , espcially as Ezreal.
Lol no.

IS1dc53b57c3fbb4f6e1ca6

02-05-2013

My rules. Always. Good job.
I also like to have their buff warded if i get to kill tier1 turret.

But the most important thing is never take risks. I never die more than 3 times, and managed to average a stunning 9/2.7/10.3 during 54 (normal) games, with 201 cs.

Madraac

02-06-2013

No to 14 is because it is so very situational. You try to explain it, but to newer players I am not sure it does the trick due to situational gameplay.

However, I agree with the OP, playing safe is still the better option and that is what you are trying to relay. If only I could remember that in duo Q, it does not mean my partner is on Vent or Skype.... then remember to play safe would be so much better.....

Shallow Cubes

02-06-2013

The sentiment is nice here, but IMHO... A lot of your points (if not all) are really situational. It's really hard to define absolutes in this game because there are so many variables that go into a game.

I'll just pull out one for example:
#16 - Highly situational. Especially if you happen to be playing AP Ezreal - It is his hardest hitting skill shot. While it is nice to save it for defensive purposes, in a sustained fight, a well-placed E can do some serious damage rather than just Qing and AAing in the back. Or, for example, if you need to E over a wall to assist your teammates already embroiled in a fight. Since Ez's AA range isn't conducive to letting him shoot over walls, your E might be your best option to get you into the fight. If I were to sit back and never use E offensively, take the time to run around a tree line, and arrive at the fight late, the fight might already be over.