Question about Mejai's Soulstealer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ToBeSomebody

07-27-2010

Okay, looking at this item, I see that it can stack 20 times giving 8 ability power per stack and a 15% cooldown reduction at 20 stacks. My question is this: Does this item stack itself?

Proposed situation (Yes, I understand this can work with multiple cooldown reduction items, but this seems like the best situation): What if you're playing as Karthus and you manage to get your hands on 5 of those babies. Stack 20 times each, get 75% reduced cooldowns. Mix that with any combination of masteries, runes, and the ancient golem aura and get the cooldown reduced to at least 97% (at Requiem level 3, 120 seconds is the cooldown, at 97% reduction, cooldown is 3.6 seconds). Add a Zhonya's ring to the equation and you're looking at 1275 AP, not including any rune or mastery bonuses. Seventy percent of that is 893, added to the 550 base damage of Requiem is 1443 damage. Sit at the spawning pool, press R, repeat.

I understand this is a very extreme situation, but having gone over 20 kills without dying on numerous occasions with this Champ, I believe it's within the realm of possibility, if only slightly, and only assuming these items stack.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Complaints?

paij

07-27-2010

Well first of all I am pretty sure that meja's have a unique passive that can't be stacked. Second cooldown reduction is maxed at 40%. SO no it wouldn't work

ToBeSomebody

07-27-2010

K. Thanks for the clarification.

Madau

Recruiter

07-28-2010

You will however get 4 stacks per kill and 2 stacks per assist if you have 2 soulstealers.

DarkenDragon

07-28-2010

hummm.... going slightly off topic but if you get additional stacks from kills and assists with multiple soulstealers, what happens when you sell one?

say you get 2 soulstealers, get 10 assists (cuz thats a little more easier than trying to get 10 kills with 1 soulstealer) or get 5 kills, if I sell one of them, would I keep the 20 stacks? or would half of them disappear

and would getting more than 2 be worth it?