The top AD RANGED carries.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frozty Reap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2012

You said you will try Vayne... If your a bit bad at carries, I suggest dont pick her. Her early game is so bad that you wont get any kills until you get an IE. She needs so much farm, that you need to learn how to last hit nearly every minion each wave. She is really strong late game with the right items. I have played a match where I failed all game and went like 2/10/x until late game. At the end I finished 12/15/x against a fed team. If you master her and know when to engage, when to back off and how to play her properly, then she would be strong the whole game without you getting negative scores.

xRias

02-23-2012

Ashe for best CC on a ranged AD.
Sivir for pushing lanes.
Cait for damage but she also good at pushing, just go with Cait if you can play her well.

dragoonaz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

02-23-2012

kogmaw

Butterednuts

02-23-2012

My analysis is just from what I have noticed and possibly has been influenced a little by friends, tournament streams, and personal bias.

Graves
Early - 7/10
LVL6 - 9/10
Mid - 7/10
Late - 5/10

His ult in combination with all of his Dash and Buckshot allow you to come up close to your enemy with your passive fully stacked, buckshot them, increase your attack speed, and have a large cone execute at level 6. He's very dangerous once he hits 6. He has pretty good mana effeciency for his moves. However, what holds him back is his range. He cannot stand in the back of a fight and kill because of his low attack range, making him more vulnerable in team fights. The fact that his escape (his dash in this case) is fairly weak, it's also hard for him to get out of tough situations when flash is on cooldown.

Misfortune
Early - 8/10
LVL6 - 7/10
Mid - 7/10
Late - 4/10

Her strut gives her dominance in lane. It's really easy for her to get into range of minions, cs, and get out without taking much damage or getting caught, assuming normal ward coverage. Her ult is honestly more of a hinderance to her. While in lane, her ult is great at minion clearing and could be used as an execute if you are winning in a gank kill, but later on her ult only leaves her standing in one place, aiming in one direction; completely vulnerable to stuns, silences, knock ups, and overall not fun things that you would want to happen with your AD carry. She farms really well and is very mana effecient, but tapers off the longer the game goes. No real escape either.

Kog'Maw
Early - 6/10
LVL6 - 8/10
Mid - 8/10
Late - 9/10

Kog'Maw is definitly geared towards the later game. His passive is pretty fun to use and can pay out dividends if you are focused first and their team is still focused on the fight at hand. His range is great and his ult is amazing for harassment making him very strong upon hitting level 6. His complilation of slows allows him to chase in lane very well. Again, no escapes so like every AD carry you'll want to be in the back.

Vayne
Early - 5/10
LVL6 - 6/10
Mid - 7/10
Late - 9/10

By far one of the hardest hitting carries out there. Vayne has the ability to stun someone against a wall early on and is used primarily for kill lanes (paired up with Taric or Alistar usually). Her early game can be a little meh, but it's good at killing novice players. By maxxing condemn first, you have some of the largest low level burst for an AD carry. Later in the game as you get your ult you are a little better, but not as significantly better as like other AD carries. Late game, Vayne can completely carry a team, regardless of how fed she is, in my experience. I've noticed she falls a little bit in the late game if she isn't fed. Her ult can allow her to become invisible for a brief moment and then leaving her enemy pinned up against a wall, taking 5 auto attacks, and dying in less than 3 seconds. Hard to play, requires a lot of positioning, but very very rewarding.

Twitch
I honestly cannot analyze Twitch as much as the other champions simply because I have only seen a handful of Twitches go bot lane.

Corki
Early - 7/10
LVL6 - 7/10
Mid - 6/10
Late - 9/10

Corki is kinda interesting. His laning can be a bit weird. I've only now started to see people play more Corki. His range from lvl 1 makes him pretty fierce in regards to harassability, but usually harass in bot lane is cleaned up with heals, shields, pots, etc. His ult is very hard to hit with, but it has a lot of kill-ability and execute ability. What makes Corki so interesting is that he's one of the only AD carries that has a core of Trinity Force. Because Trinity Force is so expensive, his midgame can be a little less than impressive. Once he has Trinity Force and another item he can become quite the little killer though. He also has one of the best escape abilities of all the AD carries, making him a very safe laner, and really easily repositioned in team fights later in the game.

Ximfrazz

02-23-2012

Cait should be a consideration as well. Her kit provides enough tools to sometimes cover a mistake (or two!) Excellent range with aa and q. Defense with traps and net. Finish off runners and secure kills for the team with R.

Btw, as a ranged AD who needs to farm CS to really come into your own (unless you are in a dedicated kill lane with a partner who understands the concept,) expect LOTS of griping and complaining from overextenders wandering into CC, get themselves killed, and then blame YOU for their mistakes. Be prepared for it cause it's going to happen. Don't get dragged into it with them so you can stay focused.

Nihilo Abandon

02-23-2012

Vayne, Graves, and Cait are the best at the moment, I think. Tristana and Kog are kind of weaker now that people know how they work after being rare then FOTM then rare again. Kog's complete lack of an early game, and a too item dependant late game, makes graves and vayne more suitable picks, and tristana's lack of utility and buggy/unreliable W makes her unreliable. Play tristana against singed and you will see how worthless she can be. Kog's Q is honesty worrthless, and his passive, while not bad, rewards dying which is kind of a stupid mechanic.

Ashe and Corki are the worst AD carries -- unless you can make them work for you. If you can land ashe's arrow most of the time, or can handle corki's odd kit, then that's fine, but still, they're both in a bad place at the moment.

But hands down MF is the worst AD carry and has been for a long time. I've never seen a MF go bat**** crazy in a game. I had to edit this post to mention her because I keep forgetting she exists as a champion.

Vayne and Graves are by far the best. Graves is far better in lane, but if you're good at AD carries vayne will get you a lot farther provided your team is good too.

CaptainScrubberz

02-24-2012

Wheres all the ezreal love super fun to play and has an incredible ult with a low cooldown.

Chingmeister

02-24-2012

Malz is a pretty good ranged carry now as well.

% dmg aoe, farming dot, silence, suppress, and 2 pets.

Even at 0 AP his spells hurt something fierce.

Nishaven90

02-25-2012

I have no idea why people say Graves's damage is subpar late game, just simply build crit, Quickdraw for 80% increased attack speed, and own.