The top AD RANGED carries.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Get Physical

02-22-2012

Hi, new to the forums.
I want to ask the community in their opinion.
who are the greatest Ranged AD carries.

Who Scales amazing Late Game and not falls off.
Whos skill set puts out a good set of dmg along with their auto attacks.
And finally
Which are the most viable in TEAM fights.
I know these guys can handle the 2v2 Laning phase easy.

The ones I would like to know about this is

Graves
Misfortune
Kog'Maw
Vayne
Twitch
Corki

I want to main 1 Of these guys so I can make a specific rune page for them.
If you guys can tell me which of these guys fits the BEST for those conditions I'd like that.

sippstrasi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2012

Mordekaiser Es Numero Uno Huehuehuehuehue

GG Cartman

02-22-2012

sivir/cait

Isomodia

02-22-2012

Graves - Very strong laning phase, very durable. Trades off a bit of damage compared to other carries in exchange. Overall a very strong pick, and probably the easiest of the ranged carries to learn for a beginner. In exchange, his late game damage is subpar (unless he manages to get fed in the laning phase)

Misfortune - Obnoxiously strong laning phase. Probably the best laner of all the AD carries by a large margin. Has a healing debuff on her w ability that counters healing. When used in conjunction with a jungler gank, a kill is all but secured. Her entire kit is built for small skirmishes and the laning phase. The stacking damage on her w ability along with the slow on her e means she can win a 1 on 1 fight against and other carry, and most other champions with ease. Her ultimate also lends itself to the laning phase, instantly killing an entire creep wave on a moderately short cooldown. However, her trade off is a relatively late teamfighting ability.

Kog'Maw - Probably the hardest carry to play properly on this list, but also the most rewarding. Kog'Maw is the only carry you listed that has no built in escape ability. He is built like a siege engine. Slow but immensely powerful. I prefer only to play Kog'Maw when playing with friends with who's abilities I am comfortable. You depend completely on the protection provided by your team. Kog'Maw has the longest autoattack range in the game, even longer than a level 18 Tristanna. His ultimate gives him even more range! In the right hands and on the right team, he is capable of one of the highest damage outputs in the game by a considerable margin. He is also the squishiest champion on your list. A fed/farmed Kog'Maw is probably the most powerful champion in the entire game, able to kill champions from behind their turret without even getting in range of it, and in only a few shots.

Vayne - Vayne has a very short range and therefore a weaker laning phase than the other carries listed. In exchange, her lategame is very powerful. She has a % true damage nuke on every third consecutive shot on the same target, a movement speed boost when chasing an enemy champion, and a knockback that does double damage and stuns if the target collides with a wall. Her ultimate makes all of her abilities more powerful, boosts her movement speed, and gives her roll a 1.5 second stealth, making it strong for ganking and escapes. She is another powerful skirmisher much like Miss Fortune, however she requires a bit of farm before she is capable. Her short range and relatively weak laning phase make her moderately difficult for newer players to pick up.

Twitch - Twitch is powerful in the right hands, though most players prefer to play him as a jungler or a roamer. He is most powerful when he is not on the map, as all lanes have to be wary of his high burst damage and stealth. However, he is very squishy, comparably to Kog'Maw, and an oracles or a few pink wards will shut down a mediocre Twitch player. A bad Twitch is one of the more useless champions in this game, though a good one is a terror.

Corki - I don't have a lot of personal play experience with Corki, as I've never favored his kit personally. However, I do know a bit about him. His laning phase is mediocre due to high mana costs and item dependency. This can be counteracted to some degree by paring him with a Soraka support. Her infuse lets him spam his abilities much more liberally, increasing his power, especially post 6 by a large margin. He is best matched with other long range 'poke' champions whose goal is to whittle the enemy teams health down little by little before hard engaging, though after getting his trinity force he can do tons of damage in a straight fight.

Another champion you may want to consider is Tristanna. Though generally considered to be lower tier at higher levels of play, for a new player, she is very powerful. Her early game is strong, peaking at level 6 where she has enough burst to take any other carry from about 75% to nothing unless they've built considerable survivabilty. However, her ~7-16 is moderately weak until she gets an infinity edge and a couple of other items. post IE though, she is very powerful. Her Q gives her something like 80% increased attack speed for a few seconds making it one of the most powerful steroids in the game. Her extreme late game (40+ minutes) is rivaled only by Kog'Maw. Her kit also allows for more mistakes than most carries, with her ultimate displacing enemies and her w allowing her to leap away from most ganks. She is the carry I learned on, by far the easiest to pick up, and still viable at all but possibly the very highest tier (2200+ elo)

I'll try to remember to keep an eye on this thread, so feel free to ask about anything I didn't cover. Good luck learning your new carry!

Get Physical

02-22-2012

@Isomodia
Thank you!
finally a real response.
I'll try and pick up Kog'Maw/Vayne.
I just wanted someone that keeps their Presence in late game/Team fights known.

I want to try graves but. It seems like late game I HAVE to use my "q" & "e" to show real damage in teamfights. Unlike vayne and Kog were their auto attacks are just pure pain. And their skills just add the salt into the open wounds.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2012

Depends on your team composition. Some of those have CC, some don't. Some depend on stuns for full effectiveness (MF), others depend on team composition (Kog Maw, Twitch, Corki) so its quite the impossible question to answer.

Pick whichever works best with the support on your team AND counterpicks the enemy team.

If you're asking which has the best versatility, I would recommend Kog or Vayne/Corki. Kog can be built AP or AD and has that tank shredding passive. Vayne has that true damage and CC/stealth. Corki has poke and true damage and def shredding. All three are rather versatile.

Jermftw

Recruiter

02-23-2012

I don't normally post on the forums but I'm making an exception. You should strongly consider Sivir. She has one of the strongest sets for countering other ADs in the lane, and 2 strong damage harass abilities. Her ultimate is seconded only to Ashe in terms of team usefulness, and her late game damage is top tier. I play all the major AD carries except corki, but Sivir is by far my favorite.

You also didnt ask about ashe, which I find odd. I know ashe has a 'weaker' lane game, but that is changing with every patch. Riot is buffing the character more and more and I think its worth your time to learn to play her, as she has one of the more useful styles of play. Her skills lend themselves to team play better than any of the other ADs, She might not be able to rip a team apart like kogmaw, but she is a Play maker. You cannot undervalue her because she is the only AD champ that can completely turn around a game like any other AD carry. (Also your team will think you're a mad man if you land the cross lane Arrow)

SheridanJohn

02-23-2012

I main Ranged AD's and follow high end play alot.
Sivir and Tristana are the 2 biggest hyper carries atm.
1. Both have an amazing burst potential at level 2 ( sivir would be Boomerang 100(assuming double hit) AA 70, ricochete 90, then aa 70, total 330 Damage without runes (may be closer to 290), ) your ricochete resets your attack timer meaning you can burst this very fast. Tristanas is about the same.
2. Both have a great survival utility ( jump and spell shield )
3. both have powerful late game presence ( sivirs ulti changes team fights, trist range and AS is unmatchable.)
The two best hyper carries IMO seen often at 2200 + elo and tourneys

no5peakenglish

02-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHax2Win View Post
Hi, new to the forums.
I want to ask the community in their opinion.
who are the greatest Ranged AD carries.

Who Scales amazing Late Game and not falls off.
Whos skill set puts out a good set of dmg along with their auto attacks.
And finally
Which are the most viable in TEAM fights.
I know these guys can handle the 2v2 Laning phase easy.

The ones I would like to know about this is

Graves
Misfortune
Kog'Maw
Vayne
Twitch
Corki

I want to main 1 Of these guys so I can make a specific rune page for them.
If you guys can tell me which of these guys fits the BEST for those conditions I'd like that.
I main mf, and i think its very important to win your lane early, and start ganking. try her, they'll surrender at 20.

but it needs to be clear, thisis a bot champion, and you need to lane with someone like alistar because mf has practically no cc

XceDRa

02-23-2012

Dat ashe cc da best