Gangplankers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akuma

10-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdz View Post
Your actually RIGHT that it is applyed as magical damage LoL did double chek yesterday and noticed I was wrong on both the fact that armor influenced the dmg ( since it doesn`t ) and the way it works I know it's not exactly 1 for 10 but its something resembling that, I read the mechanics but cannot exactly remember how it works.
LOL.. I know I'm right -- that's the advantage I get from actually reading the description of Parrley.

Gangplank is playable, but he's nowhere near overpowered. I think he's a below-average character right now (with nobody having runes), but that could change when people get full T3 critdam runes (assuming you can get roughly the same amount of +critdam as before).

I still like him, but I don't feel he's a dominating character anymore.

Solo Mid Nasus

10-25-2009

Thanks to this nerf I found out how great Trinity before Infinity is on Gangplank.

Benny79

10-26-2009

I play GP all the time. He is still extremely powerful. You guys need to learn not to stack avarice blades like a bunch of lemmings.

Pen15Mightier

10-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudBoy View Post
Thanks to this nerf I found out how great Trinity before Infinity is on Gangplank.
Trinity is really amazing on a lot of people. I look at it this way.
Zeal is a great deal by itself.
Phage is a good slowing/health buffer machine.
Sheen is used on almost 60% of the heroes anyway.

It's VERY well worth the price imo. It's expensive, but it's basically allowing you to get 3 uber mid-tier items to own early/mid with, then morph them all together after you get your first tier 3, or before if you really want, and keep those bonuses (and then some), while still generating other tier 3 items.

Doesn't that make Trinity like good to go on those same heroes?

Trinity Builds I've used successfully:
Corki
Gangplank
Twisted Fate
Annie (Tons of fun!)
Teemo (Combat Hybrid Teemo (mixing AP/IAS))
Blitzcrank (This is about where it just became for funsies, it's mildly useful on him, but he's better elsewhere)
Soraka (What can't she do? Other builds are more effective, but this one was quite amusing.)
Taric (Lolz sure to come!)

HaunterV

10-31-2009

What's everyone's item order?

I take that scroll then boots then from there i either go straight for the lifeleech depanding on my team i go for the sword or the banner....

What other items are decent for him.... I like trine but it seems to be not worth the effort of acquiring.

Buhamut Zeo

10-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voices View Post
Funny thing is that people were complaining to me about cannon barrage, not parley.
No, they were complaining about Remove Scurvy.

Yes, the thread was as stupid as it sounds.

HaunterV

11-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhamut Zeo View Post
No, they were complaining about Remove Scurvy.

Yes, the thread was as stupid as it sounds.
can u direct me to this thread... i wish to suggest a halotosis buff that slows attackrate

blurrycloud

11-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaunterV View Post
What's everyone's item order?

I take that scroll then boots then from there i either go straight for the lifeleech depanding on my team i go for the sword or the banner....

What other items are decent for him.... I like trine but it seems to be not worth the effort of acquiring.

1. mana stick, mana pot x2
2. avarice, avarice, boots, more mana pots
3. crit cloak, bf sword, pickaxe, infinity edge
4. hp stone, phage
(oracle detector potion if needed)
5. frozen mallet if your team has no disables, or tri force for more damage

6. optional items after that
phantom dancer for more crit
modreds bloodrazor x2 against tanks
banshee veil / guardian angel for more defense

7. funky items
tiamat for splash parley
abyssal sceptre for magic reduction (for parley damage)

HaunterV

11-02-2009

Fellow Plankers! get over to the feedback seciton and defend our Ultimate fro mthe whiners before they nerf us into uselessness!

Also i spotted a genious idea of barraging the enemy nexus to weaken all creep waves... anyone try this yet?

And tiamat = splash parlay? seriously? thats awesome...

dual averice? seems like a waste to me but ill give it a shot.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=21918 to arms brothers! defend our ult... and lets vote in the suggestion forum for a female plank skin. Im sure with an auditory tweak/filter would make him sound femanine enough to pull it off.

blurrycloud

11-03-2009

just 20% crit chance from the infinity is not enough
with the 2 avarice, +12% each, it brings it up to 44%

so as you can see, avarice actually makes infinity edge better, while boosting your early game with the crit chance and gold