Gangplankers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snotch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2009

honestly im still pretty new. but i think parrrley is perfect right now. i wouldnt complain about a dmg buff ... as long as i dont play against another gankplank

i just look for the squishies and make sure i pop it on someone regularly or at least a last hit on creeps during the early game.

its all about the surprise cannon barrage during a pull that gets them.
parrrley is just there to pop the loser trying to run or sissy hiding by a turret

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotch View Post
honestly im still pretty new. but i think parrrley is perfect right now. i wouldnt complain about a dmg buff ... as long as i dont play against another gankplank

i just look for the squishies and make sure i pop it on someone regularly or at least a last hit on creeps during the early game.

its all about the surprise cannon barrage during a pull that gets them.
parrrley is just there to pop the loser trying to run or sissy hiding by a turret
Wait until we get crit dmg runes back and you'll see what the fuss is about.

Akuma

10-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdz View Post

Sunder : Penetration Armor 6 = 60dmg ( cuz if not mistaken 1 armor point = 10 dmg redux. )

Sincerely has nothing to do with the nerf. IMO the nerf was needed, iv been playing Gangplank ALOT and raped so many faces it made him almost no fun to play. No he's just a little bit challenging for the newbies, all good
Overall, you are right. Going from L30 + full T3 runes to L1 with zero runes means a reduction of 65% critdam (55% from runes, 10% from masteries) plus another 5% overall decrease in damage from Havoc.

However, you are wrong about how armor penetration works I believe. First, it isn't a 1 point of armor -> 10 points of damage. Secondly, Parley is applied as magic, so armor doesn't matter at all.

But besides this, have you seen the Gangplank new tooltip? The ratio remains at 0.65 (even though in the last patch they indicated that it would be 0.8), but the worst part of it is that the new tooltip indicates that crits on Parley mean 0 additional damage. That makes Gangplank basically unplayable.

Tubesteak

10-20-2009

I stopped playing Gankplank altogether.
The nerf to parley was too much for me and took away from early-mid game harrassment and my end-game killing damage. Add to the fact that more nerfs are coming down the pipe, I quickly abandoned ship and moved back to Kassadin.

Sykomyke

10-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubesteak View Post
I stopped playing Gankplank altogether.
The nerf to parley was too much for me and took away from early-mid game harrassment and my end-game killing damage. Add to the fact that more nerfs are coming down the pipe, I quickly abandoned ship and moved back to Kassadin.
"Oh no! Look at me, I can't be IMBA and I actually have to work to get kills on my character! Screw this I'm going to play another IMBA Player"

...is all I heard. Well...inbetween the muffled sounds of you slurping a C**k.

You need to look at the reasons they nerfed it. Parrrley still is a decent harassment tool late game with crit, but early game it's good for last hitting mobs and gaining bonus gold. He wins by farming items earlier. Add into it the fact that he has a heal that cleanses....very good support with his Raise Morale ability. And generally agreed upon as having a very good support/dps ultimate.

Nerfing his parrrley was necessary.

Nerdz

Adjudicator

10-20-2009

Your actually RIGHT that it is applyed as magical damage LoL did double chek yesterday and noticed I was wrong on both the fact that armor influenced the dmg ( since it doesn`t ) and the way it works I know it's not exactly 1 for 10 but its something resembling that, I read the mechanics but cannot exactly remember how it works. On the other hand, I don't think gangplank is NO WHERE NEAR unplayable. He has amazing Solo laning capabilites, last hit with parrrley for + gold, he farms well last hits well, and ganks VERY well still. Now althought since recent patch, all the CCs of the game have become a bigger factor in the game which makes everything now much more challenging for carries unless you go for some defensive items.

The ap Ratio on the Parrrley spell is kinda useless, since you most likely will base your dmg off +dmg and rely on a high percentage of crit.

Ne ways gangplank is still my favorite carry !!!

CoVi

10-20-2009

I do feel the difference but Gangplank still a great and fun character to play. Wait until you get runes.

Snotch

10-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoVi View Post
I do feel the difference but Gangplank still a great and fun character to play. Wait until you get runes.
yo ho ho

Voices

10-20-2009

Funny thing is that people were complaining to me about cannon barrage, not parley.

LiverKick

10-21-2009

I really enjoy Gangplank, and compared to the other toons I play I didn't think the big crit on parley seemed that bad. I really don't get the nerf.

I did a 3v3 on the new map today and chain took inhibitors and towers with yi, yet his nerf was what a 2% less chance to hit twice?

Reeeeeally don't get it.