Gangplankers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blasian

10-17-2009

How are you coping with the parley 'nerf'? It feels like I'm hitting for maybe less than half of the damage I was hitting for before the patch. How are you guys adjusting to the change? Are you buying new items? Stopped playing gangplank completely?

also: Wasn't sure where this topic was supposed to go, move if necessary.

Lord Bender

10-17-2009

you shouldn´t hit for less than half dmg. Nerf is 50 dmg total so its 100-150-200 minus (crit, crit+crit runes, crit+crit runes+ edge) its a lot of dmg i think but everybody should live with it, gangplank is still great hero with some amazing farming abilities a big fat nuke spell which is totally great to tone down, i should try another game witm my favorite hero and see how "big" is this nerf in real game

cya

ZGBudai

10-17-2009

It's probably because you don't have those stacked crit damage runes. Just saying.

I was all for keeping gangplank the same.

DryPenguin

10-17-2009

It probably isn't half by the math. I will tell you though, it FEELS like a big nerf. I have 100s of games on him and it really does feel different now.

SmecssRaege

10-17-2009

the spell itself didn't take a huge damage nerf... the reason you are feeling the hurt is because (as mentioned before) you don't have masteries and runes.

mastery+runes is upwards of nearly +65% critical damage.... that is why you are seeing the big damage missing

the damage overall is kind of weaker than the last 2 renditions of parley (i think...either that or there is going to be a break point again that i don't feel like figuring out right now) but it's not a drastic amount =p

fortis

10-17-2009

when i play pirate i like to get mainly cool down reduction abilities. It worked for me ONCE and im a total nooby but first time i played the (imba) pirate i went godlike and had the most assits on team. I like cooldown reduction because it lets you last hit with parley more (you dont run out of mana that easy if you build him right) and deny more with his other skill. Also lets you spam his imba AOE which alot of players dont seem to place very well

Nerdz

Adjudicator

10-17-2009

The truth behing gangplank's nerf, is that at the same time they have nerfed his Parrrley of 50 dmg they also removed the runes and brough us back to lvl 1, Image that before, from sumoner masteries you could get : so lets say you were full offensive

Sunder : Penetration Armor 6 = 60dmg ( cuz if not mistaken 1 armor point = 10 dmg redux. )
Brute Force : 4 Dmg
Lethality : 9.99% Increase crit Damage
Havod : 5% Increase total dmg

Runes :
+50-55% Increase crit Damage

Sum it up : lets say it now hits for 200, crit 300,
Before, 200 crit, 300 + 65% = 365 dmg + sunder -6 armor + 60 dmg = 425 + 4 dmg = 429 + 5% = 450.

This is quick maths nothing with real deep calculation but you really get the point. Then when you to that IE and BT, your looking at somewhere in between 30 to 40% damage reduction from all these factors.

Sincerely has nothing to do with the nerf. IMO the nerf was needed, iv been playing Gangplank ALOT and raped so many faces it made him almost no fun to play. No he's just a little bit challenging for the newbies, all good

SmecssRaege

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdz View Post
The truth behing gangplank's nerf, is that at the same time they have nerfed his Parrrley of 50 dmg they also removed the runes and brough us back to lvl 1, Image that before, from sumoner masteries you could get : so lets say you were full offensive

Sunder : Penetration Armor 6 = 60dmg ( cuz if not mistaken 1 armor point = 10 dmg redux. )
Brute Force : 4 Dmg
Lethality : 9.99% Increase crit Damage
Havod : 5% Increase total dmg

Runes :
+50-55% Increase crit Damage

Sum it up : lets say it now hits for 200, crit 300,
Before, 200 crit, 300 + 65% = 365 dmg + sunder -6 armor + 60 dmg = 425 + 4 dmg = 429 + 5% = 450.

This is quick maths nothing with real deep calculation but you really get the point. Then when you to that IE and BT, your looking at somewhere in between 30 to 40% damage reduction from all these factors.

Sincerely has nothing to do with the nerf. IMO the nerf was needed, iv been playing Gangplank ALOT and raped so many faces it made him almost no fun to play. No he's just a little bit challenging for the newbies, all good
this.

although i also said the exact same thing...but to a lesser description in my early post a few posts back ^_~

GNOY

10-19-2009

It still hits pretty hard if crit procs. Its more balanced though - without crit runes and abit nerfed dmg, I cant hit someone for half hp now.

Sykomyke

10-20-2009

My biggest concern is that runes/masteries will make it hard for the developers to *properly* balance classes. Building yourself up for crit etc, is all fine. Makes your strategy build unique. But finding the baseline for a character and then trying to determine if a Champion is Overpowered or not makes it difficult to place the blame on the skills, scaling, or if it's just because of the Summoner's Masteries/Runes.