Feels like Pure Casters are really weak versus Physical Carries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

khaltep

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical Error View Post
I would also consider Morgana a support rather than a "caster." I mean, sure she basically onyl does casting when playing, but I feel the term caster goes to the Annie, Liche, Phoenix types. Morgana does pump out damage, but really, do you look for Morgana's that add to team damage, or the ones that save peoples asses with shield, root with binding, or stun with ult? Latter, am I right?
I agree completely. I think the characters to which the OP's complaint applies are pure casters, which are only a handful of heroes...Annie, Karthus, Veigar, Kassadin, and Ryze. I'd consider Morgana and Janna Support/Caster hybrids weighted toward support, and Evelynn an assassin who just happens to use AP.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2009

To the OP -

All those casters you mentioned are good. It just depends on who's playing them.

A good Cryo will make you /faceroll on your keyboard.

SERIOUSBIZNIZ

10-19-2009

I disagree with the OP, played alot of jax and other carries, disables are just so strong in this game that even one ensnare and you can go ahead and take your hands off the keyboard, you are done. Even if i stacked hp and magic resist the AP system easilly nuetralizes that and you're left with few dps items because you blew all your gold so you dont get destroyed by powerfull nukes.

Mercurius

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERIOUSBIZNIZ View Post
I disagree with the OP, played alot of jax and other carries, disables are just so strong in this game that even one ensnare and you can go ahead and take your hands off the keyboard, you are done. Even if i stacked hp and magic resist the AP system easilly nuetralizes that and you're left with few dps items because you blew all your gold so you dont get destroyed by powerfull nukes.
Stop it with your logical conclusions.

Jooce

10-19-2009

There's no stopping Yi late game short of having your whole team on him. Other than that most of the physical carries are fine (unless Ashe is considered a phys carry, cause he's right up there with yi.)

Yi just has to right click on you, and Hit R and maybe E when he's near you.

Yi kind of throws the whole 'physical carry' group over the top. If you took him out of the equation you would find that AP rules this game.

CaptainBlacksox

10-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jooce View Post
There's no stopping Yi late game short of having your whole team on him.
I would disagree. A good morgana w/ 500+ AP (which is what I usually have) can annihilate Yi late game, especially if he decides to chase. This is because every Yi stacks damage and he doesn't have that much hp. You might not even have to use your ult to kill him.