Feels like Pure Casters are really weak versus Physical Carries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sykomyke

10-17-2009

With a few exceptions.

Ryze being the only one that comes to mind that I've seen do well.

The rest of the casters just dont feel like the contribute to any battle well. It's the manner of DPS needed in fights where Burst is king. I played two games with Janna tonight, one as somewhat DPS, the other as full on support. I didn't expect to do GOOD dps but at the same time I expected to be able to contribute. Did a third game with Anivia the Cryophoenix....and felt completely useless. Granted my enemy was soraka so I couldn't harass her and she dodged all my flash frosts....but she was impossible to take down when giving herself mana, heals, and then nuking down mobs with starcall.

She wasn't a threat to me personally, but she just was unable to be killed.

Counter that with heroes who can literally take down full Armor towers in seconds (like Master Yi) and it's just ridiculous how most games end up being the SAME exact heroes.

I realize this is bet and that's why I'm providing this feedback, but I feel like ALL heroes should be viable in game.

Now before anyone comes in here and says "Learn 2 play nub" or "your not doing it right" or any other internet leet speak fad slang ....

If they were viable...you would see them alot more often.

As it is I see nearly the exact same units EVERY single GAME.

I don't think there has been a SINGLE game where I didn't see either a Twitch, Master Yi, or a Tryndymere or Ashe. Every game. I kid you not. It's getting boring.

Now with the onset of this patch I'm seeing a ton of the engineers (boring turret spam fests which just prolong the match) and Shaco the annoying jester who seems to have 1 too many escape mechanisms.

I'm just getting tired of playing carry/physical heroes in order to be useful in a match, I wanna play casters and have them be just as viable.

That is all. Thank you!

Shakra

10-17-2009

actually, the only thing that can take the physical carries down in mere seconds is a pure caster, at the least, jax is impossible for ranged or melee to kill because of his dodge, ashe can be snared and nuked, which will take his life endgame because of damage, same is with yi, most casters have a snare so it will be snare and nuke and a dead carry

God SoRcuS

10-17-2009

Seems, someone just needs to play more... so PLAY MOAR!!

GNOY

10-17-2009

Do you know something about disables? And how they ruin DPS heroes in few seconds? You talked about Ryze, why you forgot Veigar? 850 AP late game isnt joke. Why you whine about Soraka unkillable? Its pointless - just gank her and she is done. You are not obligated to be able to kill any hero in your lane with Cryophoenix (unless your enemies dumb enough to let you solo kill them). Engineer is discussed in million other threads, why you throw him in topic about "casters vs dps"?

TombMonkey

10-17-2009

Casters are useful, I like to burninate the countryside with Annie.

Phaerius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2009

Ap sion is a beast.

Nayuki

10-17-2009

Pure casters are weak versus physical carries - if they don't know what to do. But that's how it works for any class, but unlike most classes a Pure Caster that knows what they are doing will shut down a physical carry without even being touched.

Annie is my main - if you have any kind of map awareness you KNOW when the physical carry is around and have a pyro charge waiting. Ashe or Tristana may make you eat a hit or two on the way to Disint/Tibber bombing them, but then they should eat 1.5-2.5k damage from a full cycle. Got 40% CD reduction and odds are you will tack another disint at least in there for another 500-600 and maybe another immo for another 700-800. Not many carries get much hp or armor so they will take close to full damage and take it HARD.

Just be aware and physical carries have a serious problem with a good pure caster.

Blightning

10-17-2009

Casters are supposed to be able to shut down their carries long enough for your carry to demolish their team, the thing that sucks is, unless you're in a premade, odds are their carry will get fed enought so that you can't stop him on your own anymore.

I feel like the people who say "don't let them farm" think that it's a good solution, but you can't always be the carry police. The thing that makes them so deadly i there ability to run in, kill you in like 3 seconds and run out, because you got stunned by their tank or a support.

I think if you could cast spells at turrets, it might make AP more viable... AP is the player killing stat, while autoattack can do both (though it takes a while). Of course this would be horribly imba, so i wouldn't recommend putting it in.

Basically, you have to slow them down enough to keep them from uber, or be careul and focus them ASAP. Either way, it's not so fun.

Blightning

2xHero

10-17-2009

The only 'problem' I could see is the abundance of magic resist items (that don't get used enough) and the severe lack of magic pen/reduction items. But, since most physical carries don't buy enough magic resist, I haven't had too much trouble yet.

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

10-18-2009

Quote:
Did a third game with Anivia the Cryophoenix....and felt completely useless. Granted my enemy was soraka so I couldn't harass her and she dodged all my flash frosts....but she was impossible to take down when giving herself mana, heals, and then nuking down mobs with starcall.

She wasn't a threat to me personally, but she just was unable to be killed.
stands to reason if she is dodging your flash frosts then you wont be able to kill her. do you expect to be able to kill someone when you are failing at harrassment, just because your playing a "dps" champion?