Suggestion - View Latency

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chainsomker

07-27-2010

Why can we not view latency to servers until we are already connected and joined in a game? I mean 95% of games my latency is fine however every once in a while I join a game and BAM! my latency is 1500-2200.

If I knew my latency to the server before hand I wouldn't even join; I might as well just leave since lagging that bad I would be unable to do anything but feed/lag or sit in base.

turntekGodhead

07-27-2010

There's a hotkey to display your latency below your individual k-d-a

kald12

02-11-2011

what is the hotkey ?

xGary

02-11-2011

@Eiko

I think TS is talking about out of game whereas the latency display you are talking about is in-game. And yes, please allow us to see latency in the lobby. I feel bad when I lost the ranked game for my team because I didnt know I had 999 ping.

RaginHomoSapien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-11-2011

step 1) open dos
step 2) type ping pvp.net
step 3) ?????????
step 4) profit

Wormdowg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-11-2011

ctrl f, in game

RaginHomoSapien

Recruiter

02-11-2011

bump

TheOddOne

Recruiter

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginHomoSapien View Post
step 1) open dos
step 2) type ping pvp.net
step 3) ?????????
step 4) profit
This is roughly what I use, I simply open up command prompt and 'ping google.com' to see if my ping can stay below a certain point. Though while it's unlikely that your ping to riot servers would be much different, you could simply ping them instead. I just find if I'm lagging when pinging to google, I'm likely not going to have a good game.