Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Suggestion - View Latency

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chainsomker

07-27-2010

Why can we not view latency to servers until we are already connected and joined in a game? I mean 95% of games my latency is fine however every once in a while I join a game and BAM! my latency is 1500-2200.

If I knew my latency to the server before hand I wouldn't even join; I might as well just leave since lagging that bad I would be unable to do anything but feed/lag or sit in base.

turntekGodhead

Recruiter

07-27-2010

There's a hotkey to display your latency below your individual k-d-a

kald12

02-11-2011

what is the hotkey ?

xGary

02-11-2011

@Eiko

I think TS is talking about out of game whereas the latency display you are talking about is in-game. And yes, please allow us to see latency in the lobby. I feel bad when I lost the ranked game for my team because I didnt know I had 999 ping.

RaginHomoSapien

Recruiter

02-11-2011

step 1) open dos
step 2) type ping pvp.net
step 3) ?????????
step 4) profit

Wormdowg

Recruiter

02-11-2011

ctrl f, in game

RaginHomoSapien

Recruiter

02-11-2011

bump

TheOddOne

Recruiter

02-12-2011

Quote:
RaginHomoSapien:
step 1) open dos
step 2) type ping pvp.net
step 3) ?????????
step 4) profit

This is roughly what I use, I simply open up command prompt and 'ping google.com' to see if my ping can stay below a certain point. Though while it's unlikely that your ping to riot servers would be much different, you could simply ping them instead. I just find if I'm lagging when pinging to google, I'm likely not going to have a good game.