leveling is way to slow...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

coel

10-16-2009

So it takes 476 exp to go from lvl 6 to 7... and another 504 to go from lvl 7 to lvl 8. That is at least 9-10 games, of wins, to go up 2 levels, which would equate to 5 hours of straight gameplay, assuming 30 minute games, which is faster than most nowadays. If it continues to scale up to level 30 you are looking at ALOT of hours of gameplay. But this is not the fun gameplay that you might have experienced int he past in the beta. This is a grind, and a long boring one at that. The grind is understandable, it is supposed to create a separation of skill level and protect "noobs" from "experienced" palyers

Now, the difference between a lvl 30 and lvl 1 is profound, but there is still a large difference between a lvl 1 and a lvl 7. Add to this the fact that when you are under level ten you are basically equally as likely to get paired with a lvl 1 as with another level 10. It no longer feels like leveling up AT ALL, it is a painful grind through people that dont know how to play over and over again. I have the promise of masteries at my fingertips... but when you think about it they are weeks away. If LOL comes out in the next couple weeks i doubt that anyone will be able to even reach lvl 30 before then. Guess what? Then they will have to do it ALL OVER AGAIN.

I understand that you are testing your system and there are still chinks to be worked out. This is a fast paced enjoyable and replayable game. Why would you kill it with a painstakingly long grind that limits the fun you can have its more likely to scare away potential customers than welcome them in. I want to invite my friend 2 months after LOL release, but guess what he has to do, grind games against noobs for 3 weeks before he can possibly play with lvl 30's.

As is, the amount of experience you gain for a win is nearly the same as a loss, there might be a 30-40 pt spread. Ludicrous. There is no significant bonus, that i have seen, for beating a higher "ranked" team than you, or for dominating the kill-board.

please fix the experience and ip system riot

Dragonien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2009

um... lol? it was never supposed to be as fast as it originally was.

Why do you think the runes and masterys arent completely game breaking? yes, theydo give a distinct advantage, but if you have a level 1 fight a level 30, the level 30 isnt garunteed a win.

Whats the point of even having levels if everyone can be level 30 in a couple of days?

Grimeild

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonien View Post
um... lol? it was never supposed to be as fast as it originally was.

Why do you think the runes and masterys arent completely game breaking? yes, theydo give a distinct advantage, but if you have a level 1 fight a level 30, the level 30 isnt garunteed a win.

Whats the point of even having levels if everyone can be level 30 in a couple of days?

you are wrong and here a quote from the site

Does this mean the game is a grind fest?!
''Not at all! Getting your Summoner to maximum level won't take very long and will be a process that really helps ramp new users up the learning curve and getting them into the game. The system is built to add depth to the experience and a fun meta-game reward structure, not to create a mindless level treadmill.''the link:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/pages/summoner_faq

and in my opinion it is way too long to level up the 100 xp per level was too fast but 476 right after a few game is long lol and what will it be after 2000 ? for level 20 to 21 ? and i think rune change a lot so a level 30 would totaly destroy a level 10 for exemple

edit: sorry for my english people

Dragonien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimeild View Post

''Not at all! Getting your Summoner to maximum level won't take very long and will be a process that really helps ramp new users up the learning curve and getting them into the game. The system is built to add depth to the experience and a fun meta-game reward structure, not to create a mindless level treadmill.''the link:

and in my opinion it is way too long to level up the 100 xp per level was too fast but 476 right after a few game is long lol and what will it be after 2000 ? for level 20 to 21 ? and i think rune change a lot so a level 30 would totaly destroy a level 10 for exemple

isnt that like... the ORIGINAL message they said when they first CONCEIVED LoL? if you havent noticed a LOT has changed since Then.

and even IF the leveling is slow, it doesnt matter. this isnt wow, where level is everything. Levels are supposed to add to the game, not be a Must have... In LoL a level 1 can still beat a level 30, the 30 just has an advantage. So how slow the leveling is, is invalid. Because That means, for the most part. all of the people you will be playing against, will be the same level. Since theres a ranking system. as long as it doesnt mess up, which theyre working on, the matchmaking system puts you against people of similar skill level and, thus, similar level.

So yea... level doesnt even really matter

Grimeild

10-18-2009

what i linked is still in the faqs, i really think level 30 help a lot because before the update i was destroying everyone so easylie and now im a little over average lol and i think its a little too slow it already take like 5 hour 1 level when yo uare 5 .... what about over level 20 4 day 1 level ? its rediculous imo and yes a level have a huge advantage maybe not in all build but my critical sion was just inssane with crits rune now without rune its just average and if a level 30 play against a 1 im pretty sure the level 1 get destroyed or at least me ive seen a lot of change from 30 to 1 lol .......

edit: ok what im saying is that leveling is too long atm its 476 for a few level then 504 which is over 3 hour each level and level and rune if used right is way more important than you think omg

sorry for my english again

Dragonien

10-18-2009

Quote:
what i linked is still in the faqs, i really think level 30 help a lot because before the update i was destroying everyone so easylie and now im a little over average lol and i think its a little too slow it already take like 5 hour 1 level when yo uare 5 .... what about over level 20 4 day 1 level ? its rediculous imo and yes a level have a huge advantage maybe not in all build but my critical sion was just inssane with crits rune now without rune its just average and if a level 30 play against a 1 im pretty sure the level 1 get destroyed or at least me ive seen a lot of change from 30 to 1 lol .......

edit: ok what im saying is that leveling is too long atm its 476 for a few level then 504 which is over 3 hour each level and level and rune if used right is way more important than you think omg

sorry for my english again
But the point is, for the most part when the matchmaking is working, your only playing people around your own level... so your still on even ground with them.

Grimeild

10-18-2009

ok but the point in this thread is getting level is too long :P even in WoW its not that long lol ! and if you didnt noticed we gain less xp per game :O i was gaining 120~ per win before the patch lol maybe i am wrong but some time i went to 160 before and now its always around 100 ...

Dragonien

10-18-2009

Quote:
ok but the point in this thread is getting level is too long :P even in WoW its not that long lol ! and if you didnt noticed we gain less xp per game :O i was gaining 120~ per win before the patch lol maybe i am wrong but some time i went to 160 before and now its always around 100 ...
cause they dont want leveling to be as fast as it was before the patch... then want it to mean something. its to give the more experienced players more stats to fumble around with, so they can perfect their playstile. while the casual gamers can be comfortable against less "dedicated" people. DOnt grind for 30, just play. and get there when you get there.

Vanir

10-18-2009

Quote:

Actully, they said lvl 1 to 30 will take around 8 weeks (i think) in one of the interview. If you think that is a Grind fest you need to play some more games.

Grimeild

10-19-2009

ok look im just saying it could be a little faster but whatever i will say you guys will say we dont have to be max level u.u so hey lets make first level 4000 xp then 10000 at level 5 ! its gonna be great !!!!