Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LoL University [REMADE]: New and struggling? Come play a game with us!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Afromayne

02-24-2012

Summoner Name: Afromayne
Summoner Level: 15
Playing for: A year on and off

I started playing last year and took big breaks in between. I can do pretty well in matches, but there are still mistakes in my game that still hinder my gameplay. I want to learn how to play as all roles. My main characters are Caitlyn, Ryze, and Jax.
I

Gir

02-24-2012

Professors, students, and those just coming to say hi! Please re-read the opening post for changes! There is some important information for potential professors and students alike!

Kajitii

Recruiter

02-24-2012

PROFESSOR APPLICATION

Summoner Name?
Kajitii

Do you have a microphone and voice chat?
Yush! Skype, Vent, Mumble (<3). I can download other VOIPs if needed.

How long have you played this game?
1.75 years now.

How old are you?
23 years old.

Have you ever mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
I frequently played with people from a different forum, many of whom are not very good at LoL, but I let them know that I am there to help them if they ask for it. In addition, I have participated in the LoL University chat room, but not to any "official" capacity. Regardless, I took a couple students under my belt in the latter days.

In terms of my mentoring approach, I prefer not to lay too much "study" material on my students. I'll point out general areas where they could use work, with priority with what I think will benefit them most. If they like the game, they'll most likely look up things on their own time. Though I will give them specific tips and pointers for individual games I play with them.

Have you BEEN mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
...no? I started this game with my friends and played either custom games or 5-man teams. We were all new to LoL. Somewhere around level 8 or so is when I did solo queue sprees on my own, still being a newblet xD

What are your best roles?
It seems my best roles atm are AD carries and AP mids. I can also jungle and support to a reasonable capacity. I'm afraid I've fallen out of touch with the solo top scene however, though I might try my luck again in the near future.

Who are your top 3 best characters?
Top 3 champions I have the most confidence in playing: Kog'Maw, Anivia, Soraka. I'm pretty sure I play different champions better than I play Soraka...

And finally, are you okay with having a lot of random low-levels add you to get some help?
I'm fine with it, on the condition that they let me know that they're students. If not, they'll get deleted off my list. There will be occasions where I'll be bogged down by university work and/or personal hobbies however.

EDIT: holy **** you are fast rofl!

Tyega

02-24-2012

Summoner Name: Tyega
Summoner Level: 18
Playing For: ~4 months

I've been playing League for roughly 4 to 5 months now and I still feel there is quite a bit I could learn. In particular, I'd like help maximizing creep kills and knowing when the best times to farm and harass players are. I would also like additional help with mele champions, especially Riven as I tend to end up dead more times than not. So other than a few particulars I would love just general advice.

Thanks in advanced!

UnrealKills

02-24-2012

Summoner Name: UnrealKills
Summoner Level: 8
Playing For: about 5 days ago

Im pretty much still trying to understand the game, my first day playing all i kept on doing was dying and dying. A day after im picking up a few kills if im lucky still trying to find a character i like, with last weeks champion set i played alistar and he was okay. About fourth day playing im understanding it a little more, i understand last hitting. I start to play miss fortune were i play a little better but still died alot. I didn't play for the rest of the day and just started watching livestreams and youtube videos or anything. I still couldn't find a character i liked or was okay at, but today i played with fizz and starting doing much better than before so i tried pvp normal and was getting kills with few deaths. I understand only a little of the game, but i want to expand my gameplay. I want to learn anything that will help me get better. Items, builds, skills, strategies anything for a better understanding of this game.
Thanks

quirKed

02-25-2012

Professor application

Summoner Name? Quirked

Do you have a microphone and voice chat? Yes, I have ts3 and vent.

How long have you played this game? Approximately 6 months. However I played Hon for about a year before I started playing Lol.

How old are you? 18

Have you ever mentored before? (Please describe in detail.) Yes, I helped a couple of new Hon players back when I played Hon. The first was very attentive and receptive of criticism, and I had a blast playing with him and he got better incredibly quickly. He eventually beat me in a 1v1 and then I knew he was playing well. The second one was a little more frustrating, he refused to play ranged characters because he saw them as cheap, and would always complain when he lost to anyone who was ranged because they were cheap. I would play games with him and try and teach him but he never really got that much better. I sort of gave up on him after 50 or so games.

Have you BEEN mentored before? (Please describe in detail.) When I first joined Lol my irl friends helped me learn what was different between the games. It wasn't that difficult considering my MOBA experience, but it was a little frustrating when I was level 6 and would be playing against a bunch of level 30's. However, that helped me improve at a much quicker rate so that when I would play by myself it wouldn't be a contest.

What are your best roles? Solo top, jungle, somewhat solo mid. I can play ad or support well, I just don't enjoy it that much.

Who are your top 3 best characters? Gangplank, Shaco, Nasus.

And finally, are you okay with having a lot of random low-levels add you to get some help? Yea, totally

Gir

02-25-2012

First post is updated!

I want to remind EVERYONE

Please join the chatroom! It's been booming, and it's a LOT easier to get in contact with me in that chatroom!

Vetpath

02-25-2012

Summoner Name: Vetpath
Summoner Level: 13
Playing For: 1 month

Been playing ~ 1 month. Still getting to know the game basics. I prefer ranged players but want to learn both ranged/tank/melee and then move to jungling.

So once I am in the chatroom, what do I do next?

UnrealKills

02-25-2012

Quote:
RaĆ­:
First post is updated!

I want to remind EVERYONE

Please join the chatroom! It's been booming, and it's a LOT easier to get in contact with me in that chatroom!

Sorry if i missed something, but what do i do once im in the chatroom?

Gir

02-25-2012

Quote:
UnrealKills:
Sorry if i missed something, but what do i do once im in the chatroom?

Just talk to everyone! Ask for some help, ask questions, ask for some of the players to game with ya!