LoL University [REMADE]: New and struggling? Come play a game with us!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kalseng

02-23-2012

Student Application:

Summoner Name: Kalseng
Summoner Level: 15
Playing For: 4 months, or around there.

I've been playing for a solid while now, but I've been struggling to really understand any role I'm placed into. I struggle to understand certain roles, but I've learned to play AP Carry (to a degree) and a tank (again, to a degree). I would very much like to learn better jungling, last hitting, teamplay, and an AD Carry role. Thank you very much for reading the application, and I hope I won't be too much work!

Gir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerbunny56 View Post
Summoner Name: Killerbunny56
Summoner Level: 20
Playing For: about 4 months?

I've been playing for a little while and kinda get the way a game goes, but I am still lost at parts. I just want to play some games and get some advice on things I do wrong here and, mainly playing past level 6.
Throw me a friend request, I'd love to have you in a game with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalseng View Post
Student Application:

Summoner Name: Kalseng
Summoner Level: 15
Playing For: 4 months, or around there.

I've been playing for a solid while now, but I've been struggling to really understand any role I'm placed into. I struggle to understand certain roles, but I've learned to play AP Carry (to a degree) and a tank (again, to a degree). I would very much like to learn better jungling, last hitting, teamplay, and an AD Carry role. Thank you very much for reading the application, and I hope I won't be too much work!
You won't be too much work at all! In fact, I can probably make it fun. Throw me a friend request.

Veniax

02-23-2012

Hi I think i posted some kind of reply to this and it didn't really post so i'm going to repost it. If this is some kind of doubled reply then please ignore it :P

Summoner Name: Veniax
Summoner Level: 2 (Don't judge! Haha, I just started)
Playing For: 2 days

First of all, I am completely incompetent at playing league of legends. I've managed to put down the basics (moving, what the goal is, skills, levels, etc.) but I die very VERY often and I rarely am able to kill any enemy champions. I've improved a bit by playing a couple of games against bots, but I am definitely not helping my team win in any way, I usually just hide in the bushes and pick off minions. Whenever an enemy champion comes, I am dead meat. My two most played characters at the moment and Miss Fortune and Caitlyn. I'd like to be able to be of help one day to my team instead of sucking like i do now.

Thanks

Gir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2012

Had a pretty awesome game with 3 students today. Feel free to add me if you want in on some future games.

Blother

02-24-2012

Summoner Name: Blother
Summoner Level: 10
Playing For: few weeks

I've just been trying to learn more about the game by playing different heroes and getting better in general. The only heroes i play frequently are the low cost ones, and i've been working to figure those out first. There isn't anything specific i really want or know i should work on, but i want to be able to play with other players that can help me in getting better, or with others that are looking to get better.

sStickyy

02-24-2012

Summoner Name: sStickyy
Summoner Level:2
Playing For: 2 days

I've been playing this game for about a day or so, the few games ive played, i played as Fizz, i understand to Buff up his AP and feed when i can, but! fizz gamestyle isnt how i would like to play, i Saw a guy use volibear(i think thats its name) and he ripped apart the opposite team. i would like to learn which champions to use that are more the beat em up type, where i can kill champions, but also prove useable to the TEAM, (tower killing, tanking) we dont HAVE to play together but some advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Aelustelin

02-24-2012

PROFESSOR APPLICATION

Summoner Name?
Aelustelin

Do you have a microphone and voice chat?
Yes

How long have you played this game?
LoL, for about 2 years. DoTA... At least 7

How old are you?

Have you ever mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
Yes. I have taught a few people DoTA over the years, but that is a less noob friendly game so most of the time it didn't catch on with them. However, with LoL I have taught most of my family how to play and three of my friends. They have all played for about a year since then.

Have you BEEN mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
No. When I started playing DoTA no one knew how to play it. And everyone was so full of themselves you pretty much had to teach yourself.

What are your best roles?
Tank, Solo top/mid. In tournament settings I usually solo top since I am very good at outplaying opponents one on one. I am familiar with all of the roles however, and can play any role well (as well as 90% of the champions)

Who are your top 3 best characters?
Singed, Cho'gath, Gangplank

And finally, are you okay with having a lot of random low-levels add you to get some help?
Yes. This is my secondary account where I come to hang out with friends and try out new builds/champions that I wouldn't risk playing for the first time on my main. I am on this account much more often then my main as well so it just works out. Feel free to add me and I can show you the ropes!

a Scarlett

02-24-2012

PROFESSOR RYZE APPLICATION (joke intended)

Summoner Name?
firstdayplaying

Do you have a microphone and voice chat?
Yes Sir almost all of them.

How long have you played this game?
Since April last year.

How old are you?
22 years young

Have you ever mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
I have taught 2-3 people already how to start off and play certain roles.

Have you BEEN mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
Most of it is self taught and careful observations of around 800 + games. Including 200~ ranked games. I have had people who are much better than me 1.9K+ teach me alot in the past and have taken alot of the good advice onboard.

What are your best roles?
Feel like I have good experience in top lanes, AP/unorthodox mids ~ Jungle roles. Ad carries are my weaknesses. Though I can play vayne simply for the reason that shes technically fun.

Who are your top 3 best characters?
Gragas / Fiddle / Poppy

And finally, are you okay with having a lot of random low-levels add you to get some help?
Any time. Im here to help. I have plenty of free time lately and Id gladly help people off to a good start.

Sara Leah

02-24-2012

Quote:
I sent you a friend request. And to answer some of your questions, Morgana and Ashe hold out strong in level 30 que still. They're both fantastic champions, and I know how to play both of them well.

As far as teaching you goes, I'd be happy to take you under my wing and help you out with learning the basics so you can win win win win win.

As far as the bad community goes, honestly, que up with friends. It makes the experience SO much better. You don't have people trying to dig down your throat with a knife.
accepted friend request.. am on at random times. thanks for input on ashe & morgana.. ya i know random parties will have more that type player wether old or new. i play most of these games solo to pass time so bot games dont bother me as much as it would most although they can get 'predictable' which is why i tryed playing the team vs ai bots. as far as friends go none of rl ppl i know play these games.. most are FB App freaks =/. if see me on ingame send a few messages as i tend to ignore the chat box while playing.

UltraMegaTrixta

02-24-2012

Summoner name: UltraMegaTrixta
Summoner level: 16
Playing for 3 weeks

Hello, I'm struggling with getting a successful gank early on with Nocturne. I have only been playing with him for about 4 days now and am doing decent in the jungle, but I have trouble early on. I have noticed that a lot of times when I go to gank in the first ten minutes I usually end up getting killed. I would definitely appreciate any help with my playing and build. Thank you for your time and consideration!