LoL University [REMADE]: New and struggling? Come play a game with us!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lurchabilly

11-23-2012

Summoner Name?
Lurchabilly

Do you have a microphone and voice chat?
Yes, I prefer Skype, but I wouldn't mind trying something new like mumble.

How long have you played this game?
Hard to say.... At least a year.

How old are you?
14 (My voice sounds older, around 16-ish, I know some people don't like young voices)

Have you ever mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
Not really, just helped a few friends of mine, got them hooked on LoL, taught them the general build depending on your role, like Beserkers Greaves for an ADC, the magic pen boots (the name of them escapes my mind at this given time) for AP, ect.

Have you BEEN mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
Not really, unless you count a friend of mine teaching me how to counter build.

What are your best roles?
Best: Solo Top
Good: Jungle
Prefer not to play but can if need be:ADC
Learning to play: Support

Who are your top 3 best characters?
Fiora (SoloTop), Shaco (AP of course), And Tryndamere.

And finally, are you okay with having a lot of random low-levels add you to get some help?
Yes, I am.

Other Stuff I would Like To Add:
I'm probably not the best available mentor, but I'd like to help, try, and learn.
Although, recently I haven't been able to play too much because of insane lag, talking to my ISP's customer support and getting it fixed.

Seoaros

11-23-2012

Summoner's Name: Seoaros
Summoner's Level: 19 (Noob from hell)
Champions: Syndra and Xerath

I need serious guidance, oh humble council, please teach me the ways of the anti-noob persistence. I have already sent you a friend request, along with the other 4 you have mentioned.

Philymaniz

11-24-2012

Summoner Name: Philymaniz
Summoner Level: 15
Playing For: 2 weeks

I am a high masters Starcraft 2 player that has been playing League a lot lately since most of my friends play League. I feel that my map awareness, general game sense, and ability to follow a build made an easy transition to this game, but I still have alot to learn. I've been playing mainly Taric as Support. I know warding is important and ward alot, but I'm not sure if I'm warding the right areas at the right times. Also, I'm still unsure of what certain champions abilities are and can get caught off guard sometimes.

Seoaros

11-24-2012

This thread and the people who made this thread are nothing but a joke. In fair warning, don't bother with them, they don't give a **** about anybody but themselves

bffffb1

11-27-2012

PROFESSOR APPLICATION

Summoner Name?
bffffb1
yes skype
over 2 years with a 1 year break in between
How old are you?
yes. 3 people who have never played LoL or Dota games
No
Ap mid.(karthus, akali, vladimir, anivia, leblanc) support janna
akali vladimir karthus
And finally, are you okay with having a lot of random low-levels add you to get some help?
yes absolutely

SHANGALABOOM

11-27-2012

PROFESSOR APPLICATION

Summoner Name?
SHANGALABOOM

Yes, but won't be able to use it for games during lagging for my laptop's bad condition.

About 6 months

How old are you?
Around 20

I tried to teach newbies also. That's why I tried to have another account which doesn't affect my main one. Actually, I start to write some note for the newbies. It's kinda long, but they are really good concepts for playing with real players. "Jungle Introduction" posted in this forum before was done by me.

Kinda but not by online. Most taught by my brother, website, and youtube videos.

Xin Zhao (jungle), Blitz (Support), Cho' Gath (Solo top) in normal games, but I am always trying to learn new champs because one of the best ways to beat the enemies is to know what they are capable of.

Answered above already

Yes, but with my alter account. I am trying positioning by using alter account without any master point and rune with all the champs now.

Splurged

11-29-2012

Example Application

Summoner Name: Prototype98
Summoner Level: 21
Playing For: I played in april to lvl 5 then stopped and came back in september. So really only like 2 months.

Im pretty good myself im just looking for some extra help and premades.

RobDozer

12-01-2012

Summoner Name: RobDozer
Summoner Level: 8
Playing For: 3 weeks

I would like to begin playing with some teams and being able to use some strategy and voice chat. I am comfortable with a few champions, but I am still learning the game.

BayemonLoL

12-02-2012

Summoner Name: BayemonLoL
Summoner Level: 12 almost 13
Playing For: 2 months give or take

Hello, I have been practicing a lot in custom games to work on my last hitting and prior to now I have been jungling a lot. I found jungling fun at first but eventually decided that it wasn't my cup of tea because of the constant demands for ganks and the anger that got directed my way when I couldn't get there. My current champs I am working with are Rengar, Tristana, and Pantheon, all in different lanes and I have found them quite enjoyable. However, that has mainly been in custom games and when I get into PvP situations I tend to get the hell beat out of me. Thanks for considering me for some instruction.

Mibani

12-02-2012

PROFESSOR APPLICATION
I REALLY WANNA JOIN, SO I'LL SUBMIT THIS, OKAY?

Summoner Name?
That would be Mibani

Mhmm! I poured 150 bucks into this microphone, so I better have it... And- in fact I like chatting with people new to the game. I usually use Skype, but I can try "mumble"

Since August of last year (2011). But I believe I'm well prepared to pass my knowledge on to another.

How old are you?
I'm 20, and quite proud of it.

Well, if you want to be literal, only a little. But I am a substitute teacher and a tutor on the side, so I know how to help people learn. Oh, back to my experience- I was assisting a level 7 and a level 15 in their skills with Garen and Vladimir respectively. And after playing 6 games with them, they took on a couple games on their own and won them!

No- I've always learned things on my own, I never really had anyone guide me.

I'm a jack-of-all-trades, but if you want my skill level in order it would be:
Mid, Support, ADC, Top, Jungle. Mid being my best out of those, and jungle being my worst.

Oriana, Soraka, and Vayne

Of course I am! I'm willing to give them an account if it will help them learn the game. I'm very committed to my students and I'm ready to get to know them.