LoL University [REMADE]: New and struggling? Come play a game with us!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

B3NJ3214

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1sock View Post
Summoner name: a1sock
Level: 11
Time Playing: 2 weeks

I'm pretty new to the game and would like to work on some of the core mechanics. In coop beginner I am the top farmer 80% of the time, but I feel I only get 60% of the minions, and compared to what I have seen on youtube, most people only miss one or two max per wave. I also have been struggling with learning the items when I go off of the recomended item path. I like to play apc but usually grab a lot of mana regen items like pots and a tear but this usually means giving up high ap items, and I end up getting 8-15 assists with 1-6 kills.
a tear of the goddess is a great item for alot of ap casters that use their abilities all the time. later on you can build it into an archangels staff which is one of the highest ap items in the game. its always nice to have utility. but even better is having item that give you damage and utility. like Athenes Unholy Grail. If you are playing mid and have the mana regen and cooldown, DONT BE AFRAID TO USE YOUR ABILITIES ON MINIONS! it puts abilities on cooldown sure but if you can peg an opponent with it and do take some minions as well thats even better. I main ap carries/casters so id be ok to help you out.

Plaidpjs

10-28-2012

Summoner Name:Plaidpjs
Summoner Level: 12
Playing For: 1 month

I tend to play ADC's but also want to start playing AP mids. I'd like help on how to effectively play an ADC, and just get practice playing against other players with minimal flaming. At the moment, I usually play graves.

OSWaterJam

10-29-2012

Summoner Name: OSWaterJam
Summoner Level: 5
Playing For: 1 week

I am new and trying to understand the game. I have tried it before but left due to the community not being so noob friendly, hoping this time I can get some help other than pointing me to a couple of guides. I follow them for the build but understanding why is something I am learning.

NamelessFish

10-29-2012

Im takin a good hard look at his cause hes SO the cutest champ ^w^.

Also, i ward pretty good already, and am not at liberty to record my matches, thus needing someone to activly spectate me. Mind if i add you b3n?

6rizz

10-29-2012

Summoner Name: Tunechi92
Summoner Level: 16
Playing For: I played up to lvl 10 a long time ago, just got back into the game been playing for a round a month from 10-16.

When I came back it was pretty much like I just started playing the game, I didn't really know anything. I was playing Ashe for about 15 games, I liked her but i wanted to try something different so I bought Darius, i enjoyed dunking but other than that he got boring quick. Now I'm playing Ryze, I have only played him 3 times (on summoner's rift) on intermediate AI. I like him a lot and I think I will continue to play him. Stat lines for those 3 games with Ryze:

g1: 1/5/6. g2: 11/11/17. g3: 7/3/22.

My problem is if people dont tell me in chat to go from mid to bot or top or whatever, I won't realize I need to. I don't know what do to in team fights, because I don't have any knowledge of other champions, and I have problems getting last hits, I'm doing better now that I have Ryze but with Darius i would get around 40 minion kills a game. When my friend is on I play matchmaking with him, but he is lvl 30 so I'm at a disadvantage because the people i play against are 25+, so I can understand I won't do as good in matched games. I'm just looking for general help and knowledge, I would like to play matched games queuing solo but I don't want to hurt my team by not knowing what I'm doing. I would enjoy playing a game with someone so they could tell me if I'm doing anything wrong/give tips. Thanks, hope to hear from someone soon.

Maazo Kaazo

10-31-2012

Summoner Name: Maazo Kaazo
Summoner Level: 22
Playing For: almost 6 weeks

I've been playing League of Legends for about 6 weeks now. I've been reading extensively about this game. Research, research, research and...practice, practice, practice... is what I would say I'm currently doing. >_<

My favorite is Blitzcrank.
Then Lux.
Played some games with Alistar and Ziggs.
Tried Tristana.
...and now playing Morgana (and loving her)!

Based on my observation, I am more inclined to using mages / tanks / supports. Haven't really tried playing bruiser / jungler / ADC. (I've played with Tristana only a couple of times).

I need help with EVERYTHING! Every piece of advice is vital. =)
I am interested to join the ranked games but I need advice from higher elo players before I do so. Actually, I need to know this game inside and out before all that. Thanks in advance guys! ^_~

P.S.
I forgot to mention that I played DotA competitively before....like 6 years ago! Hahaha. I just got back into the gaming world because of my younger brothers. ^_^

haganiko

11-01-2012

Summoner name: Haganiko
Playtime: 2 days
tried: annie, ayshe
I read the the fourms and most people suggested ayshe or annie, but this game seems so daunting and confusing.. I have never gotten a kill either..

Zextrap

11-01-2012

Summoner Name -Zextrap
Summoner lvl- lvl 26
Playing for- around 6, maybe less months

Well ive played all the roles, and i like being the tanky dps bruiser, but that position seems always full on pvp games, ive played the tutorial once fr 5 mins and then only played pvp so all my experience is from there, i play support too since i love just feeding the carry and i hate it when other lanes or my adc fails, so what can i do to better myself and prepare for ranked matches bcuz im really looking forward to season 3 and ranked

existingdark

11-01-2012

Summoner Name: existingdark
Summoner Level: 30

I've been playing League for a few months now, at least. I've got a good knowledge of the basics, and I'm trying to play ranked games and such, but falling flat. I notice many small mistakes I make during games, but there's something missing with the bigger picture. I'm at ~800 ELO currently, and there's just something that I feel I'm doing wrong, as I'm just not making any progress to get out of this mess. It's frustrating, to say the least.

I'm very active in-game, and I just added your chat room.

My main character is Fiora. I've played her top lane since I put in 5$ worth of RP (along with the free given RP at early level) and bought her as my first real champion. I consider my knowledge of Fiora and her mechanics to be very advanced, I usually have an extreme amount of damage with her. What I lack in with Fiora, is an advanced level of situational awareness (Being able to know when I'm in a bad place, or places I should not walk in at all. I'm known for being caught out, and with a champion with a very unreliable escape method, that's unacceptable)

I play Top lane mainly, though I am at least competent in all other roles (Adc being my worst, as I do not have enough champs that I have practice with as an Adc)

One thing I feel would help is to have someone who plays actively at a higher "normal ELO", that could invite me on a consistent basis to give me a sort of pass into a more difficult group of players... without risking my already trashed ELO.

I will warn you now, I do have my own playstyle and often, it isn't exactly fitting with the "current meta". For example, in a losing game where my score was roughly 9/6/3, the people in my VOIP group blamed me for rushing an Infinity Edge on Fiora (Even though, as an auto-attack based champion, the critical is a HUGE boost in damage).

Any help would be appreciated, and in turn if you ever find that I am acceptable enough to help others, I would gladly offer my services as a teacher as well.

Lol IRBoss

11-02-2012

Not sure what application i fit in :/

Summoner Name: LOL IRBoss

Summoner Lv: Pretty new 30, a month or so

Playing for: A year

Mic and etc.: Have a mic sometimes can't guarantee, no ventrilo, just skype

Have you ever mentored before? (Please describe in detail.): Sorta, got a few friends into the game and started them off with some basic builds for their favorite champs, and some basics like warding, baron and stuff

Have you BEEN mentored before? (Please describe in detail.): No...

Best roles: Ap mid, top, jungle

3 best champs: Can't really say best champs, rightnow maining skarner jungle/Trundle top/Kass mid, can soraka support if need be, just not preferred. have a lot of unpopular junglers though :/
Started when riven just came out, played TT for about 2 months before moving on to Rift. Getting tired of raging adc's so decided to do something else like helping.

And I'm fine with a bunch of random people adding