LoL University [REMADE]: New and struggling? Come play a game with us!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AntHill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

PROFESSOR APPLICATION

Summoner Name?

AntHill

Do you have a microphone and voice chat?
Yes
How long have you played this game?
3 years?
How old are you?
Have you ever mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
I was a big part of the original LoL U. or at least I think I was. I helped out quite a few people in my time there. but then sadly it started to fall apart and I found a clan and a team so I slowly moved away. I have also taught guitar lessons and feel I am able to explain stuff like mechanics and everything fairly easily.
Have you BEEN mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
I have not. but I definately wouldnt mind a little bit of mentoring.
What are your best roles?
My best 2 roles are mid AP and Top Bruiser. However, I am able to play the other 3 with some efficiency.
Who are your top 3 best characters?
I am still working on finding what my 3 best are. but to put something here for the sake of putting something here I would say ez malphite and alistar
And finally, are you okay with having a lot of random low-levels add you to get some help?
Of course! Why else would I be filling out one of these?

xJoKeRx69

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamCrazy159 View Post
Summoner Name: IamCrazy159
Summoner Level: 30
Playing For: 12 month

I've been playing this game for about a 12 months now, but I can't win all my games! I like characters like janna, sona, blitz, +50others, but no matter what, i can't win every single game! I'd like to get some help to learn to win every game.
Match Making is made so its almost purely impossible to win every single game. If you end up winning 3 games in a row and or more the MM system will try and leave you on team that dont do as well vsing teams that have a greater chance at winning then the team your left to be on.

xJoKeRx69

09-17-2012

I can help with all forms of play and positions. As long as your willing to work with me ill be more than happy to help out as best i can.

Supah Hakah

09-18-2012

Student Application
__________________________________________________ _________________________

Summoner Name: lVlARKY (copy and paste)
Summoner Level: 30
Playing For: Since the lulu patch.

I've been playing this game for a while now. I am doing my best to learn the champion Lee Sin. I've done the 10 game test with roughly 25 of the 58 champions I own. Never have I had a 10 game test where I've only won 2 of the 10 matches. I'm interested in Lee Sin because I often hear he is "op" and "solo queue king". It seems that no matter where I go with Lee Sin (top/ jungle), I'm not op, but rather under powered. This doesnt make sense to me because I main top, sub-main jungle. I would also like to improve my ability to carry in Solo Queue. I really enjoy solo queue, but it is not something I am very good at. I can hold my own, but I fail to carry the team. In general I like to play every role of the game. I find assassins are a role i am really weak at. I would like to improve my ability to a) carrying in solo queue b) play assassins c) play lee sin.

DarthMinato

09-19-2012

Summoner Name: DarthMinato
Summoner Level: 10
Playing For: about 1 month

I've been playing this game for about a month now, and i am tired of 1 kill and 15 deaths! I like the character Garen I die more than I get kills! I'd like to get some help to learn to play this character better so I can actually be helpful to my team as opposed to holding them down...plus i have kind of a slow pc(not a good start) so that also is kind of a downer ...im not sure what to do

Supah Hakah

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMinato View Post
Summoner Name: DarthMinato
Summoner Level: 10
Playing For: about 1 month

I've been playing this game for about a month now, and i am tired of 1 kill and 15 deaths! I like the character Garen I die more than I get kills! I'd like to get some help to learn to play this character better so I can actually be helpful to my team as opposed to holding them down...plus i have kind of a slow pc(not a good start) so that also is kind of a downer ...im not sure what to do
Have you tried lowering your video settings for league? (hit the ESC when in game and lower the video settings.) Play around with the settings a bit and see if it helps. It wont help with loading the game during the loading screen, but if its lag in the beginning that is screwing you over. Well, this is your best bet.

Ex. I play on a laptop. It tends to overheat really fast when I play league on 60 fps (frames per second). Whenever my laptop would overheat I would start lagging really bad. (screen gets all glitchy.) This forced me to start playing league on 30 fps. Now my laptop rarely overheats and I dont lag!

DarthMinato

09-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lVlARKY View Post
Have you tried lowering your video settings for league? (hit the ESC when in game and lower the video settings.) Play around with the settings a bit and see if it helps. It wont help with loading the game during the loading screen, but if its lag in the beginning that is screwing you over. Well, this is your best bet.

Ex. I play on a laptop. It tends to overheat really fast when I play league on 60 fps (frames per second). Whenever my laptop would overheat I would start lagging really bad. (screen gets all glitchy.) This forced me to start playing league on 30 fps. Now my laptop rarely overheats and I dont lag!
yep all my setting are at the lowest settings, i too am on a laptop and it does overheat i will try the fps thing you suggested ty.but i still need some game advice,maybe 1on1 time...i dont know, i really only play every other day because of time, so i dont want to take away from someone who plays all the time,just for some tips.i would like to see just once for my summoner GODLIKE haha or ACE by my handle that would be cool.

TitusAquilinus

09-19-2012

Summoner Name: TitusAquilinus
Summoner Level: 12
Playing For: maybe a month?

I think Ive been playing this game for about a month. Maybe a little less. The last time Teemo was free I started, so whenever that was. Anyways, I do not know how to use any character besides Teemo, and I think I am decent with him. In winning games I usually get between 8-20 kills with about 200-250 CS. I am big on attack speed and recently starting building towards AP as well. I have no idea what kind of character that makes me, but I like to hit fast, run fast, and if necessary, get out before I die. I am looking for any help I can get with this character, as well as others like it. Only issue with this is that I am in the military, and the hours I can play are erratic, including the next month where I will not be on at all. Nonetheless, I wanted to post this. I absolutely love the game. If anyone would like to assist me, please feel free to contact me. Thanks.

LawsofPhysix

09-24-2012

PROFESSOR APPLICATION

Summoner Name?
LawsofPhysix
Do you have a microphone and voice chat?
Yes!, I use Skype for mostly everything.
How long have you played this game?
If I remember correctly it was 2 or 3 weeks before Season 2 started.
How old are you?
Have you ever mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
Yes, i have alot of friends from school who have never played or heard of MOBA's before. It was alot of fun teaching them and seeing them get better,
Have you BEEN mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
No, I have not
What are your best roles?
Top, Jungle and Support
Who are your top 3 best characters?
Jarvan IV, Malphite and Nocturne
And finally, are you okay with having a lot of random low-levels add you to get some help?
Yep.

ninjapanda

09-26-2012

If you're looking for a community of friendly, fun-loving players who are willing to help you improve, this is the place for you.

http://eloheaven.enjin.com

Hope to see you there!