LoL University [REMADE]: New and struggling? Come play a game with us!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xvelazquez

09-04-2012

Summoner Name: Xvelazquez
Summoner Level: 10
Playing For: 1 Week

This is my 1st MOBA, I was hoping i could get some help with the terminology. Also I would like to learn how to jungle and overall strategy of the game. I currently use nocturne and he seems kinda hard to play . So i was just looking for some help!

Aakmer

09-04-2012

Summoner Name: Aakmer
Summoner Level: 4
Playing For: Brand New for the 3rd time

Was at PAX this weekend watching the North American regionals and decided it was time to finally give this game a serious go. I've had two previous times where I'd install the game, play through the tutorials, and maybe play a complete bot match or two, but then would get intimidated when it came to going into a real match and wouldn't play again.

I've decided not to be scared anymore and I am ready to give this thing a go. I figure LoL University is the perfect environment to really get the most of of learning the game in a friendly environment. I've done some reading in the newbie guide posts and about to start watching a bunch of the videos in there as well. I'd probably most be interested in learning to do support as I like helping others, so maybe we can figure out which character might be good for me.

Chunkybile

09-04-2012

Name: Chunkybile
Level: 30
Playing for: 6 weeks after year break.

I strictly play Soraka but have begun to play some Taric, Cho' Gath, and Teemo. While I am pretty good at Soraka, the other three are subpar and I end up feeding more often than not. Some of my friends and pretty much all other summoners I come across berate me for the smallest mistake (most of the time I don't realize I am making because I usually don't know my characters limits, especially when it comes to match-ups). I would really like to get better but summoners I play games with would rather call me a noob feeder than give constructive feedback of any kind.

EvilChuck

09-05-2012

Summoner Name: Evilchuck
Summoner Level: 21
Playing For: 2 months

Hey, I'm looking for help with last-hitting and with learning my limits with champions, i.e when to attack, when to not chase or initiate, as well as what my role through out the different phases of the game.I started playing this summer and have played mostly bot games, as such have developed some bad habits that lead me to get ganked in pvp. Some of the champions I enjoy most are trist,malphite,veigar,jax, and teemo. I am trying to find one champion that I enjoy playing with for each role. Any help with any of this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

scryj

09-05-2012

Summoner Name: scryj
Summoner Level: 6
Playing For: 1 week

Hi there! I'm looking for some help with my game in general. I've found that the majority of the community has been very negative and it's near impossible to find players who enjoy the co-operative aspect to this game.
I recently picked up Ashe with aspirations of picking up Varus later. Was wondering if there was anyone in the community that could help me improve my skill as a player before I dump this game. = /

Proxside

09-06-2012

Summoner Name: Proxside
Summoner Level: 30
Playing For: 1 month and a half

I have been playing for awhile and I only feel comfortable with 1 role and that's mid. I feel like I need a lot of help on that too thought but I would also like to learn a new role. I would like to learn how to jungle. I tried it a few games and everyone hated me on my team and said I was a bad jungle it made me not want to try anymore I really like Lee Sin and would love to learn how to play better with him and even Shen too.

Cyborg Koala

09-06-2012

Summoner Name: Jadribas Dran
Summoner Level: 8
Playing For: 4 Days

I`ve been playing for 4 days really, i like playing morgana and i guess im good supporting, but i would also like to play someone like teemo. I had a friend help me but since im a newbie he raged and gave up on me. So right now im looking for a proffesor that can help me

xJoKeRx69

09-06-2012

Add me up ill be more than happy to help out new people anytime, and i am apart of LoL uni

ArOdelia

09-06-2012

Summoner Name: Arodelia
Summoner Level:14
Playing for: I started about 2 weeks ago

Hello,
I started playing around 2 weeks ago and I usualy use Nidalee(sp). I didn't think I was that bad and had V/D ration of about 50/50. Having hit level 10, I've been having more and more difficulty winning games. I'd like some tips and tricks that could help me.

Thanks in advance

Tripgnosis

09-07-2012

Name- Tripgnosis
Level - 21
playing for - ??? a few months maybe...

I pretty much need help with everything I think. I play Nasus alot and do best with him, but get way more assists than kills. And I die alot lol. I know everyone suggests to use his 'q' early and often but in all honesty I almost completely ignore that skill. I love his spirit flame, debuff, and ult and love the idea of using them for a combined effect. I usually purchase the frozen armour, sunfire cape, and frozen mallet. I love the idea of slowing an enemy champ to a crawl, keeping him in the spirit flame longer and dealing DPS just for being near me. Those 3 skills combined with those 3 items are just plain fun to me, while the 'q' skill just seems boring - probally because the idea of timing for last hit seems like a PIA and tedious... I also like Urgot and Sivir, who I've unlocked and I like Varus, Darius, and Talon alot but haven't unlocked them yet. I've unlocked Malphite, Ryze and Ashe but rarely use them...
I'll read through the guides you linked to in the first post before I log back into the game. Thanx!