LoL University [REMADE]: New and struggling? Come play a game with us!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vicious Donkey

08-01-2012

Hi there!!! New to the game, looking to learn. Have been doing pretty good as a support and really digging Soraka although I am dabbling in all champions to learn them. Add me as a friend if anyone needs a partner and is sick of playing bots alone. Thats kind of the position Im in. All my friends play WoW so looking to find a spot in the community and meet some LoL friends. Eastern time zone and I play late (11pm and on) so add me if you like!

playbunny324

08-01-2012

Summoner Name: playbunny324
Summoner Level: 7
Playing for 1-2 months, rarely

OK, my bf got me into playing. I enjoy it but he is a horrible teacher. No patience and slightly rage-y. I like playing with Ashe, Kayle, Miss Fortune, Caitlyn. I would really like to learn Teemo and possibly Annie, or Zyra. I die way too much. I mostly play against co-op against bots. But recently I've begun doing 1v1 against bots. I still die. Way too much. Pretty pitiful. I've noticed some improvement, but that the strategy and consistency just isn't there.

Porkbellytacos

08-01-2012

Summoner Name: Porkbellytacos
Summoner Level: 19
Playing for: 4 weeks

I believe I definitely need help with last hitting, with all my characters. Additionally, I believe there are some concepts I don't know/understand. For example, I think as of late I have been doing well, but Someone yesterday informed me that my win # is very low for my level (I think i have 42...I play A LOT of BOT games, which i am hoping is why I have gotten so much experience w/ so few wins). I am probably best with Blitz and I like him a lot (don't have to last hit as much!). But I am looking for other champs to get into. I'd like to play Blitz, an AD, an AP, and a support and find my fave in each category. I am also interested in becoming a better jungler as I played jungle mundo for a bit.

Cheers.

CondorTalon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

Summoner Name: CondorTalon
Summoner Level: 30
Playing For: 8 months

I've been playing LoL for a while, but feel like I've had a slow start, and now I'm level 30 with only 74 (as of the time of this post) wins to my name. I feel that my problem is that I'm not bad, just inconsistent (I had 11/1 as Caitlyn one game and 5/11 in another game as her). I'd also like some help in last-hitting, playing melee champions (and solo top-ing), playing purple mid (I seem to have a problem with this). I'd also like to delve into jungling a bit.

EvolJockStrap

08-02-2012

Summoner Name: DreamSkotos
Summoner Level: 22
Playing For: 3 months

I have a decent understanding of the game, Im not horrible, but Im certainly not great either. I recently bought Talon and fell in love with being an Assassin. And while I do love being Talon, its often frustrating because my main use to be Jarvan IV. So now I have a habit of rushing into the team fights first since Im so use to being a tank and I die because Talon is rather squishy. Its just little things like that and also, my last hitting is sub-par at best. So if I could get help to "polish" my last hitting and the little things Im doing wrong, that'd be awesome. Also, I wouldnt mind some help in being a good AD carry.

I can certainly wait for a teacher so you guys may help the newer members first but anyone with a lot of experience in playing as assassin's that want to help me, would be greatly appreciated!

I hope I am not asking too much!

professorSugoi

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamSkotos View Post
Summoner Name: DreamSkotos
Summoner Level: 22
Playing For: 3 months

I have a decent understanding of the game, Im not horrible, but Im certainly not great either. I recently bought Talon and fell in love with being an Assassin. And while I do love being Talon, its often frustrating because my main use to be Jarvan IV. So now I have a habit of rushing into the team fights first since Im so use to being a tank and I die because Talon is rather squishy. Its just little things like that and also, my last hitting is sub-par at best. So if I could get help to "polish" my last hitting and the little things Im doing wrong, that'd be awesome. Also, I wouldnt mind some help in being a good AD carry.

I can certainly wait for a teacher so you guys may help the newer members first but anyone with a lot of experience in playing as assassin's that want to help me, would be greatly appreciated!

I hope I am not asking too much!
Being an assassin is absolutely the most fun. I love to stomp on mid lane with talon, and I'd have no problem in passing on the knowledge :3

Uffieofcourse

08-05-2012

Summoner Name: Makasem
Summoner Level: 20
Playing For: about 1 month

I've been playing this game for about a month now, but I still have no idea what I'm doing! I recently found I enjoy playing Tristana. I am having issues with determining when I should join in a teamfight and when to wait. Also I am attempting to improve my cs. I would like to learn other roles as well so that if needed I can fill one and not bring the team down.

Elsie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

PROFESSOR APPLICATION

Summoner Name? Blinkingsky

Do you have a microphone and voice chat? Yes

How long have you played this game? Since Ziggs was released, so very early February.

How old are you? 16

Have you ever mentored before? (Please describe in detail.) No I have not

Have you BEEN mentored before? (Please describe in detail.) Yes I have. When I first joined League I applied to this very university and was mentored by several people, including Rai, for a few games to help me out in doing things such as learning Lee Sin(who at the time was my favorite character)

What are your best roles? I would have to say that I am best at jungling, specifically junglers who are more sustainy and clear a lot instead of heavy gankers. However, that doesn't mean that I don't know how to gank or that I'm crappy at it - on the contrary, I find that I am pretty **** successful at ganking with these same clearing junglers, along with the traditional heavy gankers.

Who are your top 3 best characters? I would have to say that my 3 best characters are Shen, Cho'Gath, and Olaf.

And finally, are you okay with having a lot of random low-levels add you to get some help? Naturally.

Uffieofcourse

08-05-2012

nevermind my applying. I just gave my account away and will no longer bother playing anymore

Erraticus

08-06-2012

Summoner Name: Bananas McGee
Summoner Level: 16
Been Playing For: Less than 1 month

I'm still learning the intricacies of several different play styles. AP Ranged (Veigar primarily) and Support (Soraka/Janna) are my favored styles thus far, but I'd still like to know more about Melee, builds and items, and even Jungling (picked up Warwick for the last role). Even with AP Ranged and Support, my performance can be inconsistent sometimes (I've had games with Veigar where I was 8/0/something one game, but went 2/15+/something another game...), so some tips with those roles would also be greatly appreciated.

While I will always have that soft spot for playing the Tiny Master of Evil ("'It's only a short way'?! Is that a 'short' joke?!"), I would like to be more versatile in case one of the above-mentioned champions has already been taken, or a role I'm comfortable with has been filled already. Besides, knowing how to play a given role, and thus understanding the strengths/weaknesses of selected role will help me combat said roles more effectively.