LoL University [REMADE]: New and struggling? Come play a game with us!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zta

07-05-2012

PROFESSOR APPLICATION

Summoner Name?
iWin4eva

Do you have a microphone and voice chat?
Yes, I have a mic. I use Teamspeak, vent, Skype, and Mumble.

How long have you played this game?
2 years, though, I've played other Mobas such as HoN and Dota 1/2

How old are you?

Have you ever mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
I've done some coaching for an old team,both of which are currently doing quite well in bronze and silver ranked tournaments.

Have you BEEN mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
I used to play a RTS Called Starcraft 2, I've been mentored by a pro player called QxGDestiny.

What are your best roles?
Mid, Support and AD Carry

Who are your top 3 best characters?
Brand. Galio and Miss Fortune

And finally, are you okay with having a lot of random low-levels add you to get some help?
I am completely open to newer players ^^, in-fact, I'm more interested in teaching others how to play rather than, playing myself xD

Mr AstroSloth

07-05-2012

I plan to recieve a hundred downvotes for this post here but I'm just trying to warn other people. It may work for someone else, but this "University" hasn't done anything for me.

I join the chat, add people, etc. and here's a list of what happens:

-Ignored
-Flamed at after trying to get someone's attention
-Called a "noob" repetitively when they discover my level
-Told to leave the chat
-No help recieved

No I did not flame back. I asked "Anyone wanna play a Normal?" At that time I was around level 10. You wouldn't believe the hateful reactions I recieved. Maybe, just maybe, if you wanna help out newer players, clean up your group. It may be a helpful thing for other players, and I'd hate for them to have to go through the **** I did.

Thanks !

Grynne

07-07-2012

Summoner Name: Grynne
Summoner Level: 8
Playing For: 2 weeks

Would really appreciate just running a few games with experienced people, and being critiqued.

Jaglor Odunen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

Summoner Name: Jaglor
Summoner Level: 9
Playing For: 9 month

I've been playing this game for about nine months now, but I still have no idea what I'm doing! I am level 30 on the EUW servers because that's where I was introduced to the game, but I'm tired of the lag and need loads of help with my game. I tended to play Caitlyn in bot games and apparently as I've been told repeatedly that has made me a worse player. I'd like to branch out/start over and need help.

Deflar Linos

07-08-2012

Student Application

Summoner Name: Deflar Linos
Summoner Level: 6
Playing For: 3 Days

Hello. I joined on Friday after seeing a friend play a round of the 5v5 Summoner's Rift. On occasion, I run into trouble trying to even fight. Given my summoner level, I just assume it's because I'm running into higher leveled players who know the ins and outs of the game more than I.

The character I would love to learn how to use better is Ashe. From what I've seen, she's a crowd controller with the capability of crushing an opponent if built just right.

If anyone's willing to help, I'm on game most of the day. I should note that this is my first time playing an MMO like LoL, so there could be some details I'm missing about the game itself.

Thanks in advance.

Vek17

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8F4zed View Post
I plan to recieve a hundred downvotes for this post here but I'm just trying to warn other people. It may work for someone else, but this "University" hasn't done anything for me.

I join the chat, add people, etc. and here's a list of what happens:
-Ignored
-Flamed at after trying to get someone's attention
-Called a "noob" repetitively when they discover my level
-Told to leave the chat
-No help recieved

No I did not flame back. I asked "Anyone wanna play a Normal?" At that time I was around level 10. You wouldn't believe the hateful reactions I recieved. Maybe, just maybe, if you wanna help out newer players, clean up your group. It may be a helpful thing for other players, and I'd hate for them to have to go through the **** I did.
Thanks !
I'm sorry to hear that, in my experience this. Is highly atypical but it is a Public chartroom so on occasion we do get players of an unsavory sort. However this behavior is not taken lightly by the core members of LoLU and hopefully incidents will not repeat themselves.

Josie Scoresby

07-08-2012

Summoner Name: Josie Scoresby
Summoner Level: 9
Playing For: 1 week-ish

I'm new to MOBA games, having fun with LoL but don't know much about strategy yet. I've tried out all the champions available this week, and so far I like playing as Akali and Sivir most. I have a grasp of the basics and have learned a good amount from following build guides on Mobafire. I think I'd pick it up a lot faster with some in-game tips, since it's hard to internalize everything on the forums and guides and then apply it in real time. Especially interested in learning about jungling and how to die less.

ShineyDiglett

07-08-2012

PROFESSOR APPLICATION

Summoner Name? Talandir

Do you have a microphone and voice chat? I do!

How long have you played this game? I've been playing for almost two years, although it's been off and on for me, since I was more engaged in WoW than League at the time. I've recently made the transition to full-time LoL, and still loving it.

How old are you? I'm 20 years old.

Have you ever mentored before? (Please describe in detail.) I've mentored in WoW before, but never in League of Legends. In WoW, I've been fairly successful in arenas, which is the major form of ranked PvP in the game, and it was very easy for me to share what I know to other people playing the same role or roles that work well with what I've practiced on.

Have you BEEN mentored before? (Please describe in detail.) I'm afraid not, unless you'd count my awful attempts at First Person Shooters. People have tried and failed mentoring me on those games.

What are your best roles? I'm a diehard support. Maybe tryhard support. I'm a hard support!!!

Who are your top 3 best characters? Soraka, Janna, Blitzcrank are my top 3. But I have so many I love...

And finally, are you okay with having a lot of random low-levels add you to get some help?
The more random, the better! I mean, yes.

Eggtart Chow

07-09-2012

I think I need some lessons, what do the past 8 champions released do? Seriously though.

Also can I get some credit in the OP?

Cookielol

07-09-2012

Summoner Name: Cookielol
Summoner Level: 30
Playing For: 8 Months

Reason for seeking assistance: I have had troubles the last 3 months getting past 840~ ELO. I will hover around 820...win a few..loose a few then plummit to low 700's only to win 4-6 matches in a row and regain my lost ground..but never get past that.

What I have done to improve: Constatly reading various LoL inspried websites, build guides, and general how to play(Positive attitudes, taking lead, warding, last hitting, etc.)

Backstory: I was a consistent 1050 ELO player after many many many games. Never would I dip below 1000 for long, but never past 1100 ELO. I eventually began trying "new things" and not "caring" (ie instead of draft I would go ranked, when I should have been playing draft to learn.) I tanked my ELO into the 600's and while it was fun to win some games there...I want to improve my game and get back to 1050~. I can play all roles, and know the fundamentals of warding, last hitting, sustaining my lane (not pushing), and knowing how to gear my character depending on their carries, and my lane.

What I would like to "gain": Im not asking someone to hold my hand and help me win...but I would love to improve myself and be in a ELO bracket where people do NOT demand "Mid" "ADC", etc...instantly. A place where people care about the meta, and not what they wanna play(preference aside.)