LoL University [REMADE]: New and struggling? Come play a game with us!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pereyra

03-08-2012

Hello,

My summoner name is Pereyra, and I am quite new to the game (level 6). I have played 5 matches since Sunday; less than a week of experience. The closest I have been to play LoL in the past is a multiplayer map in Warcraft which, for those who know/remember about it, was quite similar to LoL.

I play with Nunu only, yet I got my eye on Warwick.

I would like to get enough experience to become a teacher at the LoL University, meanwhile I look forward to train with you.

Regards,

Pereyra.

TritonJak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-08-2012

Summoner Name:: TritonJak

Do you have a microphone and voice chat:: Yes, although I only use them through skype, and it isn't great quality (built in to laptop screen :P)

How long have you played this game:: About 9-10 months :P Although over the december holidays, I played a lot.

How old are you: 16

Have you ever mentored before:: Yes and no, I introduced 5 friends to the game (only two of the five still remain) (We discuss stratagem etc), however besides that point no. I would look forward to this opportunity if I could. I feel that it would better myself as a person as well as this community as a whole.

Have you BEEN mentored before: Not really. My friend told me how to play the game... I have watched live streams of gamers, (such as Dyrus, Chaox etc ) and seen plenty of tutorial vids on youtube. (If that counts as mentoring =D)

What are your best roles:: Ap carry, Ad carry (If assassins count as well), tank/support/offtank (Shen)

Who are your top 3 best characters:: Poppy, Nasus, Anivia [I think these are.. I usually muck around when it comes to the third character that I play. Usually its only the first two.]

And finally, are you okay with having a lot of random low-levels add you to get some help?

Definitely!! I would love to learn by teaching, as well as bring forth a healthy culture
in the game! I haven't tried ranked as I am waiting for my friends to reach level 30 ,
but when I do! look out! =)

*-*-*:: IF THERE IS ANYTHING THAT YOU (Rai or Lord Tolkien) WOULD LIKE TO ASK ME, FEEL FREE!

GL&HF Summoners!

Lord Tolkien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pereyra View Post
Hello,

My summoner name is Pereyra, and I am quite new to the game (level 6). I have played 5 matches since Sunday; less than a week of experience. The closest I have been to play LoL in the past is a multiplayer map in Warcraft which, for those who know/remember about it, was quite similar to LoL.

I play with Nunu only, yet I got my eye on Warwick.

I would like to get enough experience to become a teacher at the LoL University, meanwhile I look forward to train with you.

Regards,

Pereyra.
If it's DotA you're talkin' 'bout, I use to play it too (waaaay back in the RoC beta of it). Feel so old. If it's a different AoS, i might've played it once or twice (AoM was my favorite).

Also, I hope we make you feel at home.

Klismo

03-09-2012

Summoner Name: Klismo
Summoner Level: 11
Playing For: 1 week

I think I have a fairly strong grasp of the basics and general maneuvering, however, I play a really squishy Sivir and although I usually do really well, there are times when I am just completely inconsistent. I'm looking for like-leveled people to play with and some veterans to get some pointers from.

runfrompms1

03-09-2012

Summoner Name: runfrompms1
Summoner Level: 30
Playing For: 6 months(on and off)

My in game name is runfrompms. My two favorite characters to play are galio as support and udyr jungle.

I've been playing league of legends for a while. I just recently started out playing ranked games. I am having a hard time adjusting from normal solo que to ranked. I usually end up doing bad in most of the game due to not being up with the pace of everyone else. I've ended up losing about 5/7 of my ranked games due to mid-late game decision making in team fights and have troubles early game with deciding to how long should i stay at one spot.

ToothBrushShank

03-09-2012

Summoner Name: ToothBrushShank
Summoner Level: 9
Playing For: 3 days

Hey there, this is the first MOBA I've ever played, however I think I'm alright considering.
My favorite champion is by far Zilean but I have played all the other f2p champions available and read up on quite a few other ones. I really like to play a more supportive role until late in the game when I tend to try and gank and harass a lot.
I have not found any other people who play Zilean... Let alone well, so I've just kind of been winging it on build and skills.
I've been practicing last hitting, but sometimes it can be a pain in the arse for me. I need to learn the distance and time of my Champion's physical attack better I think, as well as judge the minion's lifepoints better.

I hope to see some of you soon and give some games a shot and get some advice!
Thanks, Nate.

EDIT: I did not realize macros were against the rules, sorry all.

Ornamo

03-10-2012

Special thanks to Mat888, i've learnt a lot from him and i've been getting better at this.

Pereyra

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Tolkien View Post
If it's DotA you're talkin' 'bout, I use to play it too (waaaay back in the RoC beta of it). Feel so old. If it's a different AoS, i might've played it once or twice (AoM was my favorite).

Also, I hope we make you feel at home.
You are probably right. I know DotA was in fact based on that map, but it was not specifically DotA. So yes, that is my previous experience.

Looking forward to feel at home

Fever Saber

03-10-2012

Summoner Name: Empty Blue
Summoner Level: 11
Playing For: 1 month

I have a level 22 on the EU server but I like the NA server more because much more people speak English.I have already been looking up different strategy's on a few AD carrys and support type classes i have. I just want to be able to group with people and work as a team it would make it allot more fun the just auto find group and lose allot because people just feed over and over.

Hope someone gets in contact with me ^^ cheers

Sxq

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothBrushShank View Post
Summoner Name: ToothBrushShank
Summoner Level: 9
Playing For: 3 days

Hey there, this is the first MOBA I've ever played, however I think I'm alright considering.
My favorite champion is by far Zilean but I have played all the other f2p champions available and read up on quite a few other ones. I really like to play a more supportive role until late in the game when I tend to try and gank and harass a lot.
I have not found any other people who play Zilean... Let alone well, so I've just kind of been winging it on build and skills.
I've been practicing last hitting, but sometimes it can be a pain in the arse for me. I need to learn the distance and time of my Champion's physical attack better I think, as well as judge the minion's lifepoints better.

I hope to see some of you soon and give some games a shot and get some advice!
Thanks, Nate.

P.S. I've been having troubles with making macros for my Razer Naga, and Razer Nostromo, if someone could explain what they've done to make their macros work or something like that I'd REALLY appreciate it.

ex. I have the macro:
e
right click
q
right click
w
q
right click.

which should be (for Zilean)
Time warp
time bomb
rewind
time bomb

but when I click it overtop a champion, it does not seem to register. (I have 'no time delay' set between all pushes and clicks)
Should be left click

Although I have no other experience with macros like that in this game, other than the fact that my mouse buttons are set to numbers corresponding to item slots (for pots, wards, deathfire grasp, zhonyas).

So, it's possible that a macro like that wouldn't work (especially with no delay).