LoL University [REMADE]: New and struggling? Come play a game with us!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2012

Come join the chat room boys and girls! And thank you professors for taking an extra step forward in adding students yourself!

Naison

03-04-2012

Summoner Name: Naison
Summoner Level: 13
Playing For: 1 month

hey i mostly play as olaf or mordekaiser and i am having trouble with last hit and taking on ranged folks in lanes any help you be greatly appreciated. i can control a lane against a melee opponent pretty well but against ranged i fail and wind up feeding or being zoned out

fastplay

03-04-2012

PROFESSOR APPLICATION

Summoner Name fastplay

Do you have a microphone and voice chat can get be do not have.

How long have you played this game: I play this game for a bit when it was open beta for a bit and now just getting back in to it I have about 4 week comeing back to this game.

How old are you: 21

Have you ever mentored before? ( no for this game but for other game I have in uncharted water online F2P I was a mentored for pvp in that game also for so other thing. it is like this game but is tryly a rpg with a 5v5 battle and 1v3 battle. and some fps games.)

Have you BEEN mentored before? (for this game not really for other game yes as in to be able to mentored in a game for a clan. so fps and rpg.)

What are your best roles? jungler, and somewhat of solo top, AD carry bot in duo lane.

Who are your top 3 best characters? shaco, YI and Caitlyn

And finally, are you okay with having a lot of random low-levels add you to get some help? yes

also Summoner Level 24 if you need to know that.

Hype Algerian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2012

PROFESSOR APPLICATION

Summoner Name?
Pretty Unicorn (level 20-ish), alternate account of TheDeli (lv30) / KrusheD (EU West)

Do you have a microphone and voice chat?
Yes. I do have skype. For Ventrilo/TeamSpeak, I only have the client so make sure we can find a server

How long have you played this game?
10 months and counting.

How old are you?
23 years old.

Have you ever mentored before?
Sadly, nope. There'll be a spice of coaching, though.

Have you BEEN mentored before?
Sadly again... nope. I had to learn things the hard way.

What are your best roles?
Support, Support and Support. <= I'm far better at this role than at Mid and that's saying something.
In all seriousness, Support, Jungle (orthodox and unorthodox) and Mid AP (non-assassin mages). I can play all positions but those are my big three.

Who are your top 3 best characters?
Soraka, epitome of all supports. Though... I can also play her mid *flees*
Orianna, a prototypical AP Carry for those who think outside the box.
Blitzcrank, the most atypical champion you'll see in the game. Can play as support, used to be good at the old jungle (new one is more about fast clear times, sadly) but can work in a niche.

And finally, are you okay with having a lot of random low-levels add you to get some help?
Yes - on my "Pretty Unicorn" account. Add me and send me a message, we'll take it from there
TheDeli account is for when I want to play with friends and/or play seriously.

Konush

03-04-2012

PROFESSOR APPLICATION

Summoner Name?
Konush
Currently no, although I might in the near future
~7 months
How old are you?
Have you ever mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
Not really, I have helped out a few new people with a few things, though it is not significant enough to count as mentoring.
Have you BEEN mentored before? (Please describe in detail.)
Yes, I have received a great amount of help from miscellaneous mentors from Lol Uni, such as Diarium Ejus, and Raitatsu.
Top lane, and mid, although I can support and jungle decently. Not ad carry though.
Cho'Gath, Malzahar, Kennend/Nidalee?
And finally, are you okay with having a lot of random low-levels add you to get some help?
Yes.

mat888

03-04-2012

PROFESSOR APPLICATION

Summoner Name?
Mat888 (mat358-second account)

Yes with multiple different free vent chat links.
As well as skype, teamspeak, and mumble.
(prefered usage of vent and skype)

Since sometime early season 1.

How old are you?
18 (almost 19)

Yes. Many of my friends were trying to learn to play the game I took out the time to help them.
I've helped people learn all 5 roles.

No, I ended up learning everything myself.
Eventually I did watch some of the pro streams and have learned a lot from them. (usually tsm (most players) + dyrus streams)

I play all 5 roles, unfortunately not having played top in a while it has become weaker so I am attempting to try and play it more often to get back into the proper mentality for the role.
As shown by my best champs below, I really do like to play in multiple different roles.

I would have to say, Malz for mid, Lee sin in jungle, and sivir on bot (4th would b a sona support).

I figured that went with applying :P. Yep.

Ihartcheese

03-04-2012

PROFESSOR APPLICATION

Summoner Name?
Ihartcheese
Yes, I don't usually use the headset with the microphone but I do have one.
8 months
How old are you?
Yes. I have 2 friends from World of Warcraft that started playing this game and I showed them the ropes.
Never been officially mentored before but when I was new I played several games with Lord Tolkien.
Aggressive Support
Jungle
Nunu
Sona
Warwick
Absolutely.

Diarium Ejus

03-04-2012

PROFESSOR APPLICATION

Summoner Name? Diarium Ejus

Do you have a microphone and voice chat? Yes

How long have you played this game? Since March of 2010

How old are you? 19

Have you ever mentored before? (Please describe in detail.) Yes, in the old LoL University

Have you BEEN mentored before? (Please describe in detail.) No.

What are your best roles? Jungle, top, Ad carry

Who are your top 3 best characters? I play what my team needs to win.

And finally, are you okay with having a lot of random low-levels add you to get some help? Yes

2W1ck3d

03-05-2012

Summoner Name: 2W1ck3d
Summoner Level: 19 (as of post)
Playing For: 1 1/2 months

I'm looking to learn everything you can teach me. I've been playing Nunu as my main and doing decent. Need help last hitting, Item building, Lane control and Team fights. I'm located in central time zone and play between the hours of 12am - 6am. Love this game and looking forward to learning everything I can and hopefully putting a team together and playing in ranks.

mat888

03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2W1ck3d View Post
Summoner Name: 2W1ck3d
Summoner Level: 19 (as of post)
Playing For: 1 1/2 months

I'm looking to learn everything you can teach me. I've been playing Nunu as my main and doing decent. Need help last hitting, Item building, Lane control and Team fights. I'm located in central time zone and play between the hours of 12am - 6am. Love this game and looking forward to learning everything I can and hopefully putting a team together and playing in ranks.
One thing I would suggest is not to get trapped playing only one champion but to get someone to help you with one role of champion.

I would help you but your timing is really off, I'm in eastern so it'd b at 1:00 a.m. at which time i'm not consistently on, but if you want you can add me in game and i'll help whenever I can. One of the other profs may be able to help more consistently at that time though.